Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 75
Thanks Tree51Thanks

Thread: Investment in NoKo?

  1. #41
    Wawa Skittletits BDBoop's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42,790
    Thanks
    37871

    From
    Sometimes I get cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    I thought you hated Commies?
    That’s changed across the entire right side of the map. Trump loves despots, so they all do, too.
    Thanks from Panzareta

  2. #42
    Wawa Skittletits BDBoop's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    42,790
    Thanks
    37871

    From
    Sometimes I get cranky
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    wait what? Now you are on board with keeping jobs in the US?


    DO you want me to buy you a #maga hat?
    That was made in China?
    Thanks from Dittohead not!

  3. #43
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    32,874
    Thanks
    28044

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    This makes little sense.
    Oh? Are you disputing that unemployment is at 3.8% Are you disputing that this is the lowest unemployment rate since 1969? Are you disputing that there are growing reports of labor shortages from across the United States? What EXACTLY is it that you are disputing, Rev?

    Methinks you are simply an economics illiterate. That would explain why this makes little sense to you.

  4. #44
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    32,874
    Thanks
    28044

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Hellh0und View Post
    yah.... the problem is, no one is going to offer you that.
    That's interesting, Rev. One of the parents of two of my students told me when I was leaving that he thought I could easily DOUBLE my salary if I wanted to re-enter the labor market. He is an entrepreneur who has his own quite successful company, BTW. I just have no particular interest in working right now. I'm quite comfortable and enjoying my leisure.

  5. #45
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    39,805
    Thanks
    4314

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    The problem is outsourcing to exploit cheap labor in other countries. He doesn't even talk about it. The tax cuts were supposed to cause companies to swarm back to the US, but they didn't.

    The issue remains unaddressed.


    REally?


    2.4 million new jobs, including 200,000 new jobs in manufacturing alone.


    Then you have att, apple, amazon, Ford, IBM, Walmart, sprint, Lockheed martin, GM, Carrier,



    What you posted is a lie, a trumpian level lie. If you take issue with someones behavior, you perhaps shouldn't engage in it yourself.

  6. #46
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    39,805
    Thanks
    4314

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    That's interesting, Rev. One of the parents of two of my students told me when I was leaving that he thought I could easily DOUBLE my salary if I wanted to re-enter the labor market. He is an entrepreneur who has his own quite successful company, BTW. I just have no particular interest in working right now. I'm quite comfortable and enjoying my leisure.


    Well if one of the parents said it! /facepalm

  7. #47
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,027
    Thanks
    6155

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    That was made in China?
    Aren't they all?
    Maybe the ones for the next election will be made in North Korea.

  8. #48
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    14,572
    Thanks
    7066

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by bajisima View Post
    You know there was a blip in the news last year about how were running low on some mineral used in electric batteries. Then suddenly we are all in with NK. I do sometimes wonder if that is the total impetus. The US has a history of being unconcerned until we want something they have.
    someone is going to cozy up to noko expressly for that rare earth. Do we really want that to be china or russia? Noko wants to be a world player, the nukes are the leverage. We have the funds to mine the earth which they need. Noko is sitting on trillions of untapped reserves that we need for just about everything technology.

    im going rare earth.

  9. #49
    Master political analyst Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    12,027
    Thanks
    6155

    From
    The formerly great golden state
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    someone is going to cozy up to noko expressly for that rare earth. Do we really want that to be china or russia? Noko wants to be a world player, the nukes are the leverage. We have the funds to mine the earth which they need. Noko is sitting on trillions of untapped reserves that we need for just about everything technology.

    im going rare earth.
    NK is sitting on at least 6 trillion dollars worth of untapped mineral resources, including large deposits of rare earth minerals, and possible a lot more. It is potentially a very wealthy nation. The only thing holding it back is its political system. There must be something to be learned by that.
    Thanks from labrea, BigLeRoy and bajisima

  10. #50
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    14,572
    Thanks
    7066

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    NK is sitting on at least 6 trillion dollars worth of untapped mineral resources, including large deposits of rare earth minerals, and possible a lot more. It is potentially a very wealthy nation. The only thing holding it back is its political system. There must be something to be learned by that.

    Yes i know the mineral potential of noko. So does china and russia.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump was a bad investment for everyone but him
    By Eve1 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 21st October 2017, 10:53 PM
  2. GM moving more investment into the USA
    By THOR in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th January 2017, 10:37 AM
  3. Another US investment fails
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 7th January 2013, 11:34 AM
  4. Looking for a safe investment.
    By Spookycolt in forum Economics
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 21st May 2012, 06:57 PM
  5. Offshore Investment Needs
    By barry in forum Economics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 20th October 2010, 12:26 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed