Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Iíve Been Called the Worst Thing You Can Call Someone, I Support the Right to Say It

  1. #31
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,151
    Thanks
    34116

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    Been absent for a time, and thanks for the response.
    And good to see you posting again. Sure hope you have not been in one of those S*** hole nations.

    See,what you came back to?

  2. #32
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    48,151
    Thanks
    34116

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    Talk about a zombie post! Had to go back and reboot context.

    To your point, I maintain that there is. However, in my comment, I allowed for others who don't subscribe to that view to still contemplate the scope of First Amendment protections.
    I think BP was referring to, “ God given rights.”

  3. #33
    spɹɐʍʞɔɐq ʞɹɐp ǝɥʇ Puzzling Evidence's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    18,891
    Thanks
    7723

    From
    i'm not real===
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    There is only one sure way to stop a bully. Beat the shit out of him and he will finally figure it out or die trying. Either way, no more bully.
    Wrong. You stand up to him/her. That's all. Even if you got beat up, you come back and force them to do it again. You don't have to even win, but no one wants to keep fighting you. They tire of it and you can still earn respect. Most of the time, you don't even have to fight.

  4. #34
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,034
    Thanks
    2636

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Just something that caught my attention.



    This is not the crux of the US Constitution. No where does our Constitution A] state that rights are God-given.

    B], One of the purposes of the Constitution is to set up a way to distiguish rights and a guide on how rights could be protected.

    C] The US Constitution was written with a way to amend the document to add to or even remove from the documents rights held by the people.

    No law from any God is negotiable and up for a democratic vote. Religion is the antithesis of democracy.
    Our founding fathers wholeheartedly disagree with you.

    The declaration of independence clearly states that we have been endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights.

    Principle 3. Unalienable Rights From God

    This governmental philosophy is uniquely American. The concept of Man's rights being unalienable is based solely upon the belief in their Divine origin. Lacking this belief, there is no moral basis for any claim that they are unalienable or for any claim to the great benefits flowing from this concept. God-given rights are sometimes called Natural Rights--those possessed by Man under the Laws of Nature, meaning under the laws of God's creation and therefore by gift of God. Man has no power to alienate--to dispose of, by surrender, barter or gift--his God-given rights, according to the American philosophy. This is the meaning of "unalienable."


    One underlying consideration is that for every such right there is a correlative, inseparable duty--for every aspect of freedom there is a corresponding responsibility; so that it is always Right-Duty and Freedom-Responsibility, or Liberty-Responsibility. There is a duty, or responsibility, to God as the giver of these unalienable rights: a moral duty--to keep secure and use soundly these gifts, with due respect for the equal rights of others and for the right of Posterity to their just heritage of liberty. Since this moral duty cannot be surrendered, bartered, given away, abandoned, delegated or otherwise alienated, so is the inseparable right likewise unalienable. This concept of rights being unalienable is thus dependent upon belief in God as the giver. This indicates the basis and the soundness of Jefferson's statement (1796 letter to John Adams): "If ever the morals of a people could be made the basis of their own government it is our case . . ."

    Man's unalienable rights are sacred for the same reason that they are unalienable--because of their Divine origin, according to the traditional American philosophy.

    Your prejudice against religion has you so twisted you must ignore documented facts.

  5. #35
    Veteran Member carpe diem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,034
    Thanks
    2636

    From
    San Diego, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly5 View Post
    There is only one sure way to stop a bully. Beat the shit out of him and he will finally figure it out or die trying. Either way, no more bully.
    Advocating violence - Interesting, especially in light of the fact that the "bullying" is a perception by the "victim". In short, to support violent acts all one needs to do is CLAIM an injustice, not prove it. That is a really nasty can of worms to open.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. The worst thing about Trump
    By AntiTrump in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 24th February 2016, 01:21 AM
  2. Mr. Obama the worst thing to ever happen.....
    By KnotaFrayed in forum Current Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 13th July 2014, 05:10 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed