Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 78
Thanks Tree27Thanks

Thread: Why they Kneel

  1. #11
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51,534
    Thanks
    36935

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    I spent a lot of time in Detroit,also Lincoln Park,as I had relatives there. Detroit was once a great place and Lincoln Park a nice middle class suburb.

    The last time I was there was for my Uncles funeral. They had planned a dinner for their 50TH wedding Anniversary. Instead it was after his funeral.

    But the deterioration was awful in Lincoln Park.

    On the Governor I am sure Cordray will run, but Nan Whaley is responsible for the Dayton rebuild. Amazing how much she has accomplished,working with big companies. They are even now redoing the Arcade,empty for many years, but Dayton’s gem.

    The whole city is being rebuilt.

  2. #12
    Member LT Greenbean's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,822
    Thanks
    510

    From
    south area
    I forgot about the kneeling. Luckily they stopped showing it on TV. Forgot that was still a thing

  3. #13
    Penny for your thots Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    88,147
    Thanks
    24639

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    They kneel because they are showboating idiots. Same players who kneel for the American National Anthem and then stand up for the Mexican and British anthems.

  4. #14
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    23,735
    Thanks
    12391

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    I spent a lot of time in Detroit,also Lincoln Park,as I had relatives there. Detroit was once a great place and Lincoln Park a nice middle class suburb.

    The last time I was there was for my Uncles funeral. They had planned a dinner for their 50TH wedding Anniversary. Instead it was after his funeral.

    But the deterioration was awful in Lincoln Park.

    On the Governor I am sure Cordray will run, but Nan Whaley is responsible for the Dayton rebuild. Amazing how much she has accomplished,working with big companies. They are even now redoing the Arcade,empty for many years, but Dayton’s gem.

    The whole city is being rebuilt.
    I played softball for a restaurant in Lincoln Park back in the day and later on the City was part of my sales territory. Lincoln Park is a inner ring suburb that sits next to Detroit part of the "Down River" area. The decay is staggering today. When I lived in Detroit, no one from the burbs really utilized the city at all...with the exception of going to a concert. When I graduated from College, I had a few accounts in Detroit and I hated driving down there. When I moved to Cleveland in the 90's, the downtown was quite different from Detroit, everyone would venture down to party, eat, and just have fun. Crime was not really that bad and you did not hear about crime that much. For the last 5 or so years, Cleveland is almost as bad as Detroit and it is sad to watch. I would have never taken a job in Detroit where I had to commute there everyday...but in Cleveland, I did not hesitate to take my first nursing job in the inner city. The doctor I have worked with for 20 years is retiring in Feb. and I think I will as well. I will probably end up working for a hospital in the burbs. My husband is pretty much demanding that I leave the city because I work nights most of the time.

  5. #15
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,797
    Thanks
    37343

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    They kneel because they are showboating idiots.
    Wow...all of them? Every one? I mean, I get the over-the-top TD celebrations as show boating, but this? You've talked to every kneeling NFL player and gotten his personal reasons? Or...maybe you read minds? Or what?

  6. #16
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    13,513
    Thanks
    3319

    From
    California
    Mr. Idiocracat,

    I thought it was because they are scumbags who hate the US and everything it stands for.

  7. #17
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    65,797
    Thanks
    37343

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Idiocracat,

    I thought it was because they are scumbags who hate the US and everything it stands for.
    Why is it you don't listen to them when they talk about their reasons?

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Dr Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    22,193
    Thanks
    12494

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Idiocracat,

    I thought it was because they are scumbags who hate the US and everything it stands for.
    No, that's you

  9. #19
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    13,513
    Thanks
    3319

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Why is it you don't listen to them when they talk about their reasons?
    Mr. Rasselas,

    Why would I listen to scumbags that hate the US and everything it stands for?

  10. #20
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    13,513
    Thanks
    3319

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    No, that's you
    Dr. Simpson,

    Another gem for our resident troll.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22nd October 2017, 08:48 AM
  2. Kneel Before, But Stand For the National Anthem.
    By MaryAnne in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1st October 2017, 02:10 PM
  3. Replies: 78
    Last Post: 27th September 2017, 07:04 AM
  4. Replies: 33
    Last Post: 7th September 2014, 01:04 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed