Members banned from this thread: Kallie Knoetze


Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 1150
Thanks Tree593Thanks

Thread: Why Trans People Are Often Bitter and Grumpy

  1. #101
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    37,822
    Thanks
    22649

    From
    Toronto
    I don't know much about how this transgender thing works. And, honestly, it does not interest me all that much, I think it is the transgender person's own private business.

    What my point is here, is, be nice to people. Sassy accuses Coyote and other transgenders of "whining".

    It's not "whining", when you are perhaps the most mistreated and endangered group in the world.

    In my old homeland, Abkhazia, a person who comes out as such would probably be killed, and I don't even mean by some fanatics on the streets, but by own family, in own home; your own father or older brother would cut your fucking throat, for besmirching their good name...

    In Russia proper also, I cannot imagine any region, any city, smaller town, let alone a rural village, where an open, known trans person could live and walk safely, let alone be tolerated as a fellow human being.

    In most Arab and other Muslim countries you would likely end up dead for this too. Ditto for most, or all, of Africa. In some places in Asia it seems to be accepted, more or less, like Thailand: Thai airline recruits transgender flight attendants

    Overall though, there are very few places in our world where someone like Coyote could simply live, freely and safely, as who they are.

    Even here, in Canada, we now have various protections for such minorities: Canada enacts protections for transgender community - Politics - CBC News

    Yet they still face lots and lots of violence and dangers in their daily life: Transgender Canadians Face 'Constant' Threat Of Violence, Studies Find

    And some dumbfucks here think any person would willingly "choose" this identity???

    People are BORN this way, and come out as such, because that is simply who they ARE, period.

    And the morons here trying to bully Coyote for who she is, is no different to me than skinheads and other trash back in Moscow, who went after me at school, for being "dark" and from Caucasus... At least with those people, I could turn around and punch them right back in their faces, when they hit me or my friends. Here, I cannot help Coyote against the trolls, and this enrages me.
    Thanks from Coyote, HayJenn, Panzareta and 1 others

  2. #102
    Established Member soupnazi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,708
    Thanks
    1285

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I don't know much about how this transgender thing works. And, honestly, it does not interest me all that much, I think it is the transgender person's own private business.

    What my point is here, is, be nice to people. Sassy accuses Coyote and other transgenders of "whining".

    It's not "whining", when you are perhaps the most mistreated and endangered group in the world.

    In my old homeland, Abkhazia, a person who comes out as such would probably be killed, and I don't even mean by some fanatics on the streets, but by own family, in own home; your own father or older brother would cut your fucking throat, for besmirching their good name...

    In Russia proper also, I cannot imagine any region, any city, smaller town, let alone a rural village, where an open, known trans person could live and walk safely, let alone be tolerated as a fellow human being.

    In most Arab and other Muslim countries you would likely end up dead for this too. Ditto for most, or all, of Africa. In some places in Asia it seems to be accepted, more or less, like Thailand: Thai airline recruits transgender flight attendants

    Overall though, there are very few places in our world where someone like Coyote could simply live, freely and safely, as who they are.

    Even here, in Canada, we now have various protections for such minorities: Canada enacts protections for transgender community - Politics - CBC News

    Yet they still face lots and lots of violence and dangers in their daily life: Transgender Canadians Face 'Constant' Threat Of Violence, Studies Find

    And some dumbfucks here think any person would willingly "choose" this identity???

    People are BORN this way, and come out as such, because that is simply who they ARE, period.

    And the morons here trying to bully Coyote for who she is, is no different to me than skinheads and other trash back in Moscow, who went after me at school, for being "dark" and from Caucasus... At least with those people, I could turn around and punch them right back in their faces, when they hit me or my friends. Here, I cannot help Coyote against the trolls, and this enrages me.
    No one is trying to bully her.

    What is being said is simply that she has no right to demand others approval.

    On the other hand Canada has become a draconian and totalitarian state which bullies people with the passage of bill C 16 the effect of this law does in fact shred the freedom of speech and makes it a criminal act to use the wrong pronoun.

    The threat of vioence towards trans people is also strictly hypothetical with no real evidence. Even the link you provided was anecdotal.
    Thanks from libertariat720

  3. #103
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    650

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Yes, there is. Every time some idiot deliberately refuses to call a transgender person by their preferred gender.
    I expect you all to refer to me as "your majesty" from now on, because that's what I prefer, and otherwise you're idiots apparently...

  4. #104
    Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,995
    Thanks
    650

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Or say that there are only two genders, genitalia determines gender, or genetics, or whatever their pet delusion happens to be.
    The presence or lack of a y chromosome determines gender. To insist otherwise is anti-science. Are you a denier?

  5. #105
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    45,112
    Thanks
    17869

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I don't know much about how this transgender thing works. And, honestly, it does not interest me all that much, I think it is the transgender person's own private business.
    That is a choice. Some TGs make a choice to make it everyone's business.
    Thanks from syrenn and LuvMyPups

  6. #106
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    34,232
    Thanks
    27004

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    It's not solid to me when one can still more accurately ascertain gender by looking at genitalia than bran scans.
    At least you think you can.

    If it were that simple then please explain the following:

    Chand also underwent a chromosome analysis, an M.R.I. and a gynecological exam that she found mortifying. To evaluate the effects of high testosterone, the international athletic association’s protocol involves measuring and palpating the clitoris, vagina and labia, as well as evaluating breast size and pubic hair scored on an illustrated five-grade scale.

    The tests were meant to identify competitors whose chromosomes, hormones, genitalia, reproductive organs or secondary sex characteristics don’t develop or align in the typical way. The word “hermaphrodite” is considered stigmatizing, so physicians and advocates instead use the term “intersex” or refer to the condition as D.S.D., which stands for either a disorder or a difference of sex development. Estimates of the number of intersex people vary widely, ranging from one in 5,000 to one in 60, because experts dispute which of the myriad conditions to include and how to tally them accurately. Some intersex women, for instance, have XX chromosomes and ovaries, but because of a genetic quirk are born with ambiguous genitalia, neither male nor female. Others have XY chromosomes and undescended testes, but a mutation affecting a key enzyme makes them appear female at birth; they’re raised as girls, though at puberty, rising testosterone levels spur a deeper voice, an elongated clitoris and increased muscle mass. Still other intersex women have XY chromosomes and internal testes but appear female their whole lives, developing rounded hips and breasts, because their cells are insensitive to testosterone. They, like others, may never know their sex development was unusual, unless they’re tested for infertility — or to compete in world-class sports.

    When Chand’s results came in a few days later, the doctor said her “male hormone” levels were too high, meaning she produced more androgens, mostly testosterone, than most women did. The typical female range is roughly 1.0 to 3.3 nanomoles of testosterone per liter of blood, about one-tenth that of typical males. Chand’s level is not publicly known, but it was above the 10-nanomoles-per-liter threshold that the I.A.A.F. set for female competitors because that level is within the “male range.” As a result, officials said, she could no longer race.

    In the two years since, Chand has been at the center of a legal case that contests not only her disqualification but also the international policy her lawyers say discriminates against athletes with atypical sex development. For Chand, who had never heard the words “testosterone” or “intersex,” it has been a slow and painful education. When she was first told she was being barred because of her testosterone level, she didn’t understand anything the officials were saying. “I said, ‘What have I done that is wrong?’ ” she told me by phone in May through a Hindi translator. “Then the media got my phone number and started calling me and asking about an androgen test, and I had no idea what an androgen test was. The media asked, ‘Did you have a gender test?’ And I said, ‘What is a gender test?’ ”

    snip

    Amid complaints about the genital checks, the I.A.A.F. and the I.O.C. introduced a new “gender verification” strategy in the late ’60s: a chromosome test. Officials considered that a more dignified, objective way to root out not only impostors but also intersex athletes, who, Olympic officials said, needed to be barred to ensure fair play. Ewa Klobukowska, a Polish sprinter, was among the first to be ousted because of that test; she was reportedly found to have both XX and XXY chromosomes. An editorial in the I.O.C. magazine in 1968 insisted the chromosome test “indicates quite definitely the sex of a person,” but many geneticists and endocrinologists disagreed, pointing out that sex was determined by a confluence of genetic, hormonal and physiological factors, not any one alone. Relying on science to arbitrate the male-female divide in sports is fruitless, they said, because science could not draw a line that nature itself refused to draw.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/03/m...-athletes.html
    But i guess you know more than scientists.

  7. #107
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    14,572
    Thanks
    7066

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    The only think I can think of, is that I always hope for kids to grow up with a loving and supportive family, that will arm them with the confidence to be comfortable in their own skin, the courage to pursue their dreams, and the strength to get up when life knocks them down. I have no idea what my boys future brings, but should one of them tell me anything about himself that I didn't expect, then the very first thing I'll do is make sure that nothing will change that our family is a loving one. The world can be cruel, so hopefully our families will always be our safe harbor.
    i 100% agree.

    that being said the world at large is not anyone's safe harbor.

  8. #108
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,143
    Thanks
    20133

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    That is a choice. Some TGs make a choice to make it everyone's business.
    And so do many many straights. Only you have been raised to accept that as normal. And this is new and evidently frightening, but don't worry, you will learn to adapt to others having a say over what they, themselves, are labelled.
    Thanks from labrea and Coyote

  9. #109
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    14,572
    Thanks
    7066

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by Otto Throttle View Post
    The presence or lack of a y chromosome determines gender. To insist otherwise is anti-science. Are you a denier?
    it determines....sex...male or female.


    gender is what you think you are. What you think you are does not change the base fact you are either a male or female.

  10. #110
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    34,232
    Thanks
    27004

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by soupnazi View Post
    No one is trying to bully her.

    What is being said is simply that she has no right to demand others approval.

    On the other hand Canada has become a draconian and totalitarian state which bullies people with the passage of bill C 16 the effect of this law does in fact shred the freedom of speech and makes it a criminal act to use the wrong pronoun.

    The threat of vioence towards trans people is also strictly hypothetical with no real evidence. Even the link you provided was anecdotal.
    What ever happened to the idea that if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all? You dont have to approve, you can just keep your trap shut.

Page 11 of 115 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 13th August 2016, 10:47 AM
  2. Grumpy Cat makes owner a mutimillionaire
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11th December 2014, 04:25 PM
  3. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 2nd May 2008, 06:22 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed