Members banned from this thread: Kallie Knoetze


Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1042
Thanks Tree543Thanks

Thread: Why Trans People Are Often Bitter and Grumpy

  1. #11
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43,713
    Thanks
    17149

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Lots of conservative jackasses here on PH deliberately misgender trans people and throw around the word "tranny", I believe to bully Coyote, as our only trans member. It pisses me off, personally, because I hate bullies, period.
    Well, that issue has been taken care of. Look in the feedback section.
    Thanks from The Man and Southern Dad

  2. #12
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43,713
    Thanks
    17149

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Every $#21ing bathroom law, 48 states where it's legal to claim a trans person's very existence panicked you into killing them in self-defense, every state that allows you to fire someone because they're trans, or not let them rent a house, etc., etc., and on and on and on and on in an endless parade of false boogeymen and concerted villainizing from diverse groups who otherwise hate each other and yada yada yada it's fucking maddening sometimes I tell ya :P
    Same for gays.

  3. #13
    Cyborg Coyote's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,013
    Thanks
    7193

    From
    Unimatrix Zero
    I'm not mad Bajisama started the thread. I'm mad that it's a controversial topic at all. We don't withhold other necessary medical treatments from kids (and adults) like that. We don't make them prove that they're deserving. Not in the same way, and not to the same standards and accompanying unquestioned biases and assumptions. Yes, I realize hormones are a big deal. I realize that on a visceral level in a way that few others do. And so does every other trans person who has ever had, wants to have, or might want in the future to have hormones since they've become an available medical treatment. What it's always been about is certain cultures' historical discomfort with anything that exists outside of rigidly defined and extremely limited in scope gender roles and expectations *cough*Abrahamic religions*cough*.
    Thanks from The Man, Friday13 and bajisima

  4. #14
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    35,665
    Thanks
    20629

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    Well, that issue has been taken care of. Look in the feedback section.
    Good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    Same for gays.
    There is lots and lots of bigotry left in our world. It is sad.

  5. #15
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43,713
    Thanks
    17149

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    I'm not mad Bajisama started the thread. I'm mad that it's a controversial topic at all. We don't withhold other necessary medical treatments from kids (and adults) like that. We don't make them prove that they're deserving. Not in the same way, and not to the same standards and accompanying unquestioned biases and assumptions. Yes, I realize hormones are a big deal. I realize that on a visceral level in a way that few others do. And so does every other trans person who has ever had, wants to have, or might want in the future to have hormones since they've become an available medical treatment. What it's always been about is certain cultures' historical discomfort with anything that exists outside of rigidly defined and extremely limited in scope gender roles and expectations *cough*Abrahamic religions*cough*.
    It isn't a necessary medical treatment. Anyway, seems like that argument should be in that thread.
    Thanks from syrenn, Southern Dad and LuvMyPups

  6. #16
    Cyborg Coyote's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,013
    Thanks
    7193

    From
    Unimatrix Zero
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    It isn't a necessary medical treatment.
    *facepaws*

    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    Anyway, seems like that argument should be in that thread.
    It shouldn't exist at all, but failing that, yes, I agree.
    Thanks from Dangermouse and Friday13

  7. #17
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    43,713
    Thanks
    17149

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post


    It shouldn't exist at all, but failing that, yes, I agree.
    Of course it should. This is a debate/discussion forum.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  8. #18
    Established Member soupnazi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,302
    Thanks
    1201

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Yes, there is. Every time some idiot deliberately refuses to call a transgender person by their preferred gender.
    Wrong.

    Refusing to recognize a preferred gender does not even remotely equate to denying the existence of a person or that persons right to exist.

    The LBGTQRRDDLTX community is not fighting for rights as they already have the same rights as anyone. They are demanding approval.

  9. #19
    Established Member soupnazi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,302
    Thanks
    1201

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Or say that there are only two genders, genitalia determines gender, or genetics, or whatever their pet delusion happens to be.
    Wrong again as such a debate as thee only being two genders is not a denial of the existence of another nor a question of whether they have the right to exist.
    The debate over genders is a very valid one. The claim that there is a gender spectrum is not one supported by science.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  10. #20
    Member fenrir's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    3,131
    Thanks
    532

    From
    Yoknapatawpha County
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    For some reason, being regularly subjected for years to public debates on whether or not you do, in fact, exist, and if so, if you should be allowed to continue existing (as if the question were perfectly reasonable) has a bit of a long- term detrimental effect.

    FWIW
    So, who has a problem with you existing?
    Thanks from Southern Dad

Page 2 of 105 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 13th August 2016, 11:47 AM
  2. Grumpy Cat makes owner a mutimillionaire
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11th December 2014, 05:25 PM
  3. Replies: 60
    Last Post: 2nd May 2008, 07:22 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed