Members banned from this thread: Kallie Knoetze


Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 185
Thanks Tree89Thanks

Thread: Irony: Black lives matters hero's black life didn't matter to the black

  1. #31
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    78,178
    Thanks
    40942

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Except that nothing in the article indicates that he didn't matter to other black lives.

    Was the irony that you sounded like you were making a point, but in fact were expressing the opposite of that?

    irony
    n. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
    n. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
    n. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect.
    plus the fact that the OP is based on dismissing the life of a black murder victim in order to bash BLM. That's an even deeper irony. Given, that kind of attitude is exactly why BLM exist.
    Thanks from Coyote, StanStill and OldGaffer

  2. #32
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    78,178
    Thanks
    40942

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Greenbean View Post
    Haha that's the biggest load of crap. They literally testified that Mike Brown had his "hands up and said don't shoot", and then was shot. That was not proven to be true. The "slogan" is from Mike Brown. I cited the sources for you to read. The BLM activists tried to say mike brown had his hands up and said don't shoot. Reality? The thug tried to kill a cop with his own weapon, and is 6 feet under where he belongs.
    it's hilarious that you're a "Neighborhood Watch Lieutenant" and have no clue what the origins of BLM are. The name George Zimmerman ring a bell?

  3. #33
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11,399
    Thanks
    2845

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    plus the fact that the OP is based on dismissing the life of a black murder victim in order to bash BLM. That's an even deeper irony. Given, that kind of attitude is exactly why BLM exist.
    The Watchman,

    How's this for irony. The OP simply wanted to point out the irony, however, a poster who considers himself to be extremely woke read his own skewed, racist viewpoint into it.

  4. #34
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,518
    Thanks
    5830

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    What is it about BLM that drives white people nuts? All they want is for the police to treat them fairly and to stop killing them indiscriminately. Is that really too much to ask for?
    My theory is the movement only bothers racist white people because it seeks to end their racism.
    Thanks from OldGaffer and Dragonfly5

  5. #35
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,518
    Thanks
    5830

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    lives that live in the neighborhood in which he was staying....

    https://www.postandcourier.com/news/...2618e30b1.html
    Seems fairly sad that folks find mirth or contentment in the murder of someone.
    Thanks from OldGaffer

  6. #36
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,587
    Thanks
    9556

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Stan,

    You left out:

    a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.

    As in this guy was big into BLM, but his black life didn't matter to other black lives in the neighborhood.

    a state of affairs or an event: BLM big dog

    that seems deliberately contrary to what is expected: his life didn't matter to other black lives.
    Firstly, that's really more of the Alanis Morisette definition, but I guess at this point enough people believe that's the definition that it is now actually one of the definitions. Conceded.

    But again, nothing in the article even implies that his life didn't matter to other black lives.

    What you are really saying is

    a state of affairs: BLM Activist who you automatically despise
    that seems deliberately contrary to what is expected: Activists are expected to be invincible and cannot be victims of violent crimes
    and you are amused because he was the victim of a crime, which deep down, you wished would happen anyway.

    Is that close? You just wanted to chuckle at someone who you despise getting shot, and figured you'd call it "irony". Like rain on a wedding day? Don'tcha think?
    Thanks from the watchman and OldGaffer

  7. #37
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    31,734
    Thanks
    24943

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    What is it about BLM that drives white people nuts? All they want is for the police to treat them fairly and to stop killing them indiscriminately. Is that really too much to ask for?
    Some how that is a threat to them.

  8. #38
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    11,399
    Thanks
    2845

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Firstly, that's really more of the Alanis Morisette definition, but I guess at this point enough people believe that's the definition that it is now actually one of the definitions. Conceded.

    But again, nothing in the article even implies that his life didn't matter to other black lives.

    What you are really saying is

    a state of affairs: BLM Activist who you automatically despise
    that seems deliberately contrary to what is expected: Activists are expected to be invincible and cannot be victims of violent crimes
    and you are amused because he was the victim of a crime, which deep down, you wished would happen anyway.

    Is that close? You just wanted to chuckle at someone who you despise getting shot, and figured you'd call it "irony". Like rain on a wedding day? Don'tcha think?
    Mr. Stan,

    Why do you insist on making things up when you can't make a point.

    First, you lie when you say I automatically despise the BLM activist.
    Second, nowhere did I say that activist are expected to be invincible
    Third, you blatantly lie again saying I am amused he is victim of crime, and that I wished it would happen.

    Dude, you proving yourself to be a dishonest liar really brings my opinion of you down...

    Sad.

  9. #39
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,518
    Thanks
    5830

    From
    In my mind
    The man was noted for his protesting of the killing of Walter Scott. Anyone who has seen that video, well, how in the hell could someone fault someone else for being upset at the police treatment of Walter Scott? The officer was sentenced to 20 years in prison for it.

  10. #40
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    31,734
    Thanks
    24943

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by LT Greenbean View Post
    That's what they originally wanted. Now it's turned into a hate group. The "hands up don't shoot" was proven to be a lie. Now they riot, loot, kill. It's just a bigoted "organization", or whatever you want to call it.
    I've seen people wearing BLM t-shirts out shopping, and no one seems to be alarmed, or fearful - its like they're just normal people.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. If black lives matter....
    By Wrangler in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 20th July 2016, 09:03 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 8th April 2016, 03:27 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14th October 2015, 09:27 AM
  4. Seems As If Black Lives Don't Matter
    By excalibur in forum Current Events
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 7th July 2015, 08:35 AM
  5. #Black Lives DO Matter
    By Nicnam in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st December 2014, 11:22 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed