Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Thanks Tree23Thanks

Thread: Black teens targeted by racist hackers after becoming finalists in NASA competition

  1. #1
    Above the FRAY Friday13's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    12,358
    Thanks
    15073

    From
    SoCal

    Black teens targeted by racist hackers after becoming finalists in NASA competition

    This is despicable behavior by racists...

    Three black teens targeted by racist hackers after becoming finalists in NASA competition
    Mikayla Sharrieff, India Skinner and Bria Snell are 11th graders in high school. They go to Banneker High School in Washington, D.C., named after famed African American genius Benjamin Banneker. In the tradition of great thinkers and innovation and discovery, these three young women of color had developed a way to purify lead-contaminated water in school drinking fountains. That in and of itself is amazing. But to top it off, they were chosen as one of a few finalists in a NASA competition. The announcement came in the last week of April and most everybody was excited for them.
    [...]

    But while the teens were gaining traction on social media and racking up votes, users on 4chan — an anonymous Internet forum where users are known to push hoaxes and spew racist and homophobic comments — were trying to ensure the students wouldn’t win.

    The anonymous posters used racial epithets, argued that the students’ project did not deserve to be a finalist and said that the black community was voting for the teens only because of their race. They urged people to vote against the Banneker trio, and one user offered to put the topic on an Internet thread about President Trump to garner more attention. They recommended computer programs that would hack the voting system to give a team of teenage boys a boost.


    NASA was forced to close the voting much earlier than planned because of this activity.
    [...]

    4chan is what happens when the internet drains a swamp of super angry and bigoted people and they all collect in one septic tank. And like most things that are thought of when stuck inside of a metaphorical septic tank, the results are shitty.* But, NASA has a history of shooting shit into space, and isn’t letting that ruin these kids’ day!

    ...MORE...
    WaPo: Three black teens are finalists in a NASA competition. Hackers spewing racism tried to ruin their odds.
    Last edited by Friday13; 6th May 2018 at 07:34 PM.

  2. #2
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,701
    Thanks
    7547

    From
    Great State of Texas
    WTF ...

    Daily kooks .....

    Yep there is a racist behind every bush.

    Get ready my friend ..... Putin is prepared to win in November and 2020.


  3. #3
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40,815
    Thanks
    42854

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    WTF ...

    Daily kooks .....

    Yep there is a racist behind every bush.

    Get ready my friend ..... Putin is prepared to win in November and 2020.

    You have zero credibility disparaging anyone else's links with the garbage sites you quote
    Thanks from Friday13, BitterPill and The Man

  4. #4
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,701
    Thanks
    7547

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    You have zero credibility disparaging anyone else's links with the garbage sites you quote
    Really .....

    At least my sources are not chalked full of anonymous sources, anonymous hackers, and anonymous reporters.

    This is another racial hoax being reported as "news" by the fake news MSM.

    "The anonymous posters used racial epithets, argued that the students’ project did not deserve to be a finalist and said that the black community was voting for the teens only because of their race."

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.75ab3344ca2a
    Last edited by John T Ford; 7th May 2018 at 04:12 AM.

  5. #5
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40,815
    Thanks
    42854

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Really .....

    At least my sources are not chalked full of anonymous sources, anonymous hackers, and anonymous reporters.

    This is another racial hoax being reported as "news" by the fake news MSM.

    "The anonymous posters used racial epithets, argued that the students’ project did not deserve to be a finalist and said that the black community was voting for the teens only because of their race."

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.75ab3344ca2a
    Your sources just use outright fucking lies.
    Thanks from Friday13

  6. #6
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,701
    Thanks
    7547

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Your sources just use outright fucking lies.
    LOL ....

    Sure they do.

    And, Putin stole the election, right?

  7. #7
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40,815
    Thanks
    42854

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    LOL ....

    Sure they do.

    And, Putin stole the election, right?
    That is what our intelligence agencies said, but Putin denied it, who do you believe John, Americas intelligence agencies or Putin? We know the answer to that, don't we, Comrade.
    Thanks from Babba and Friday13

  8. #8
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,701
    Thanks
    7547

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    That is what our intelligence agencies said, but Putin denied it, who do you believe John, Americas intelligence agencies or Putin? We know the answer to that, don't we, Comrade.
    The same intelligence agencies that illegally surveiled and unmasked thousands of American citizens?

    The same intelligence agencies that are waging a coup d 'etat on a duly elected sitting US President?

    Let me think about that for a minute ......

  9. #9
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    40,815
    Thanks
    42854

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    The same intelligence agencies that illegally surveiled and unmasked thousands of American citizens?

    The same intelligence agencies that are waging a coup d 'etat on a duly elected sitting US President?

    Let me think about that for a minute ......
    Maybe Trump can be saved by The Albino Assassin....
    Thanks from Friday13

  10. #10
    Veteran Member John T Ford's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    28,701
    Thanks
    7547

    From
    Great State of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Maybe Trump can be saved by The Albino Assassin....
    Gotta love that Alt Left Universe ....

    Rainbows, butterflies, unicorns, and now ...... "Albino Assassins" ........ who'd of thunk ....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11th May 2016, 05:13 AM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12th March 2016, 04:28 AM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 27th February 2016, 06:34 AM
  4. Sex Education Programs For Teens Targeted By GOP Lawmakers
    By Sgt Meowenstein in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 238
    Last Post: 7th April 2013, 08:57 PM
  5. Replies: 157
    Last Post: 13th July 2009, 07:37 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed