Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 220
Thanks Tree133Thanks

Thread: Privilege

  1. #201
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    190

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Heterosexual is the default (assumed) setting.
    Heterosexual is the default (natural) setting.
    Thanks from Kallie Knoetze

  2. #202
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    190

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Like the family of man? Homo sapiens? You really think we are somehow going to lose all our unique individuality if white Christian men don't stay at the top of the heap?
    The top of what heap?

  3. #203
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    60,655
    Thanks
    30028

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    Heterosexual is the default (natural) setting.
    There is no "default setting." People are who and what they are. Humans are not interchangeable items with factory-built settings.
    Thanks from Rev. Hellh0und and BDBoop

  4. #204
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    190

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    There is no "default setting." People are who and what they are. Humans are not interchangeable items with factory-built settings.
    Humans have a default natural instinct to reproduce.

  5. #205
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,310
    Thanks
    10663

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    Humans have a default natural instinct to reproduce.
    Some humans naturally have an attraction to people of the same sex. So?

    Just because brown eyes are more common than blue eyes doesn't make brown eyes "natural" and blue eyes "unnatural".
    Thanks from Isalexi

  6. #206
    your better Rev. Hellh0und's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    38,892
    Thanks
    4156

    From
    NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Then why do men beat up homosexuals? I also find it interesting that you reduce homosexuals to who they fuck

    1988 called and want thier gay bashing back.



    This is a rare occurrence in modern society.



    What's interesting about it? Are you suggesting I excluded hetero and others from this or are you looking for something to be offended over?

  7. #207
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    190

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Some humans naturally have an attraction to people of the same sex. So?

    Just because brown eyes are more common than blue eyes doesn't make brown eyes "natural" and blue eyes "unnatural".
    I would contend that sexual intercourse feels good because nature dictates it necessary for the survival of the species. Therefore, sexual activity that bears the possibility of reproduction is the natural default. That doesn't mean I look down upon people who get their rocks off in alternative ways, but only that reproductive sex is the natural default. One could make the argument that anything done within nature, by creatures of nature, is natural. Of course, that definition would include the detonation of nuclear weapons, extinction of species, MMGW (if true), etc...

  8. #208
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,310
    Thanks
    10663

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    I would contend that sexual intercourse feels good because nature dictates it necessary for the survival of the species. Therefore, sexual activity that bears the possibility of reproduction is the natural default. That doesn't mean I look down upon people who get their rocks off in alternative ways, but only that reproductive sex is the natural default. One could make the argument that anything done within nature, by creatures of nature, is natural. Of course, that definition would include the detonation of nuclear weapons, extinction of species, MMGW (if true), etc...
    Well, sort of. Sexual intercourse feels good because those who didn't think it felt good didn't reproduce. Nature didn't "dictate" anything. Of course, they were weeded out of the evolutionary chain long before people existed. But also, nature doesn't impart the knowledge of what causes pregnancy, so it seems kind of silly to me to say that "Because babies are born as a result of heterosexual intercourse, that is the natural default". Yes, that is how babies are born, but there is no law "dictating" that all people should produce offspring. Currently, we need a lot less people to produce offspring lest we overpopulate the planet and cause an ecological collapse, so what you're calling "natural" may actually be our undoing. If anything, those who don't reproduce are delaying the overpopulation of the earth.

    No amount of shaming has ever really stopped people from acting on their homosexual desires. It exists throughout all of recorded history. It's not unnatural. It just doesn't produce offspring. People do all kinds of things that don't produce offspring.
    Thanks from Havelock

  9. #209
    Newm' Embre orangecat's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    919
    Thanks
    190

    From
    oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by StanStill View Post
    Well, sort of. Sexual intercourse feels good because those who didn't think it felt good didn't reproduce. Nature didn't "dictate" anything.
    That was nature's dictation. We can use a different word, but it's just semantics. Humans have a biological imperative to reproduce. That is the natural default position for the existence of a sex drive. It doesn't mean that people who have sex for other reasons are wrong or bad, it just means that the natural reason for intercourse is procreation. This is farmer stuff...

  10. #210
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    10,310
    Thanks
    10663

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by orangecat View Post
    That was nature's dictation. We can use a different word, but it's just semantics. Humans have a biological imperative to reproduce. That is the natural default position for the existence of a sex drive. It doesn't mean that people who have sex for other reasons are wrong or bad, it just means that the natural reason for intercourse is procreation. This is farmer stuff...
    Well, that explains why we have a sex drive, but it doesn't make it any more natural to do what causes pregnancy as opposed to doing things that don't cause pregnancy. By your logic masturbation is unnatural because it doesn't produce offspring. Even kissing could be lumped in there, since kissing doesn't either. No one's arguing about what causes pregnancy, but there is more to humanity than reproduction. Humans aren't livestock.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Got Privilege?
    By Amelia in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 22nd August 2016, 06:08 AM
  2. Now THAT is PRIVILEGE!
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 4th May 2016, 07:32 PM
  3. Privilege
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 8th January 2015, 01:27 AM
  4. Cossack privilege lol
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10th August 2013, 05:56 PM
  5. White Privilege
    By Babba in forum Racism
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 24th June 2013, 11:53 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed