Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
Thanks Tree3Thanks

Thread: BREAKING NEWS- FFRF file suit against IRS

  1. #1
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,905
    Thanks
    3665

    From
    East coast USA

    BREAKING NEWS- FFRF file suit against IRS

    Atheists Can Sue IRS Over Failure To Enforce Limits On Churches' Political Speech

    The Freedom From Religion Foundation took home an important victory on Monday, when a federal judge in Wisconsin ruled that the group could proceed with its lawsuit over the Internal Revenue Service's alleged failure to enforce a ban on partisan politicking by tax-exempt religious groups.

    The IRS had earlier filed a motion to dismiss the case, which the national foundation for atheists and agnostics had filed after the November elections last year. U.S. District Judge Lynn Adelman denied the motion on Monday, writing that the FFRF "has standing to seek an order requiring the IRS to treat religious organizations no more favorably than it treats the Foundation."

    Tax-exempt religious organizations, as well as other educational and charitable groups registered under 501(c)(3) of the federal tax code, are prohibited from partisan electioneering. The FFRF suit contends that the IRS is failing to enforce that restriction particularly when it comes to churches, which the group argues constitutes a violation of the establishment clause of the First Amendment. The suit also claims that the alleged IRS inaction undermines equal protection rights by giving preferential treatment to tax-exempt religious organizations over other 501(c)(3) groups, including the FFRF.

    Atheists Can Sue IRS Over Failure To Enforce Limits On Churches' Political Speech
    Thanks from Cicero and Djinn

  2. #2
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,905
    Thanks
    3665

    From
    East coast USA
    I think this is a hay maker. The Church has no business advocating politics. It is also prohibited by nonprofit status not to do it. But they do and no one has said anything. This will affect other non profits also. The law is the Law and we should abide. Everyone. So now the Lawsuit goes forward. Interesting case, I am sure a few feathers will get ruffled.
    Thanks from Cicero

  3. #3
    Compound Bowman Cousin Cletus's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    334
    Thanks
    110

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I think this is a hay maker. The Church has no business advocating politics. It is also prohibited by nonprofit status not to do it. But they do and no one has said anything. This will affect other non profits also. The law is the Law and we should abide. Everyone. So now the Lawsuit goes forward. Interesting case, I am sure a few feathers will get ruffled.
    Yes, especially all those black churches, but I bet you'll hear cries of racism if the IRS starts enforcing the ban on them. More than likely only white churches will be affected.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,905
    Thanks
    3665

    From
    East coast USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Cletus View Post
    Yes, especially all those black churches, but I bet you'll hear cries of racism if the IRS starts enforcing the ban on them. More than likely only white churches will be affected.
    Silly Poster, this has nothing to do with Race. This is a blatant violation by Religious groups to advocate politics.
    The IRS rules are very Specific on this issue yet, We know they have been getting away with it for years.
    This lawsuit will have far ranging impact. It should. Do you want Muslims to solicit money from wealthy Arab countries to Broadcast Islamic ideals from their Mosque ?

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,353
    Thanks
    18977

    From
    america
    Well, hopefully this will shut those fucking Christians up, once and for all.

    Taxing Churches has a double bonus for New Amerika:

    --More tax revenue to spend on something.
    --Will help alleviate the "Religion" problem in Amerkia.

    But, by all means, let's make certain that all those African-American Churches, from whence Democrat candidates often deliver politcal speaches, are protected. Not only do they deliver the "correct" message in the eyes of Guv, but, they also are victims of constant racism from all the WHITE Christers......

    Now. We need to pass a law that makes it illegal to speak of Jesus Christ in a public setting.....

  6. #6
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,905
    Thanks
    3665

    From
    East coast USA
    I thought some feathers may get ruffled.
    I am all for it. Equality under the Law of the land. You value law and it does cut both ways. Pay up or shut up. I hope it is retroactive and the punishment is loss of tax status. For all violators, Lets clean up shall we ? Why have Laws and not enforce them ? If you want to challenge it, fight it in court.

    I want that to happen also. I want to see who squirms first.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,353
    Thanks
    18977

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I thought some feathers may get ruffled.
    I am all for it. Equality under the Law of the land. You value law and it does cut both ways. Pay up or shut up. I hope it is retroactive and the punishment is loss of tax status. For all violators, Lets clean up shall we ? Why have Laws and not enforce them ? If you want to challenge it, fight it in court.

    I want that to happen also. I want to see who squirms first.
    Not suprising.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,905
    Thanks
    3665

    From
    East coast USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    Not surprising.
    I am seldom surprised anymore, This is the tip of the Ice Berg so to speak. This will generate a firestorm of protest by the Tea Party for one. This will shut down a main funding avenue.

    ..........BREAKING NEWS.......

  9. #9
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    53,353
    Thanks
    18977

    From
    america
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I am seldom surprised anymore, This is the tip of the Ice Berg so to speak. This will generate a firestorm of protest by the Tea Party for one. This will shut down a main funding avenue.

    ..........BREAKING NEWS.......
    What? Using the Tax Gestapo as Obama's personal Political Goons isn't enough????

  10. #10
    Senior Member Loki's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    9,905
    Thanks
    3665

    From
    East coast USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
    What? Using the Tax Gestapo as Obama's personal Political Goons isn't enough????
    My dear sir, It will shut down Koch's mouth piece. Which you think looks out for you when in reality you are a pawn. They prefer the pawns don't know that and also that pawns are not that quick on the uptake.
    The second richest person in America does not have the same dreams you have.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed