Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 61
Thanks Tree11Thanks

Thread: Christian Dominionism-The Real Threat to Our Secular Republic

  1. #11
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,942
    Thanks
    32175

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    A bizarre response? The left is telling the right that their warnings against Muslims is boogeyman crap.
    What are you talking about? You mean all that boogeyman crap like "A faithful Muslim cannot possibly be a patriotic American?" That crap?

    And what does THAT have to do with mass murder?
    Thanks from ProgressivePatriot

  2. #12
    Established Member Constitutional Sheepdog's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,098
    Thanks
    579

    From
    Kannapolis North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgressivePatriot View Post
    Conservative xenophobes and conspiracy neurotics are wringing their hands, and lamenting the rise of Islam in our country, which they claim will bring about the implementation of Sharia law.

    However, whether out of ignorance or the belief that religious freedom and the first amendment does not apply equally to all religions, they fail to focus on the real threat to secularism.

    We are talking about Christian Dominionism.

    While there is no reason to believe that the few Muslims in our government harbor a desire to usurp secularism,* there are appointed and elected Christians in our government right now – or are aspiring to high office-who have openly expressed the belief that the bible is superior to the constitution and cavorting with those who are like minded.




    It is worth remembering that Barton is not only an influential Republican activist but also runs one of the main super PACs supporting Ted Cruz.

    David Barton Will Train Christians To Take Control Of Government And Transform America Into The ?Nation That God Wants It To Be? | Right Wing Watch


    Barton is also the long time chairman of the* Texas Republican Party



    Anti-Gay Psuedo-Historian David Barton Tapped To Run Ted Cruz?s Super PAC | Right Wing Watch

    Here is more:



    And guess who else is in bed with the Dominionists?

    Donald Trump’s Amen Corner: Prosperity Preachers and Dominionists



    Donald Trump?s Amen Corner: Prosperity Preachers and Dominionists | Right Wing Watch

    So, you say that Trump and the others did not seek out this type of support and do not actually believe this drivel ? Well he seeks them out!



    Donald Trump?s Extremist Allies: Who?s Who At The Values Voter Summit 2016 | Right Wing Watch

    *

    Be afraid! Be very afraid!!!!
    When was the office of the Congressional Chaplain created?

  3. #13
    Voice of Reason ProgressivePatriot's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,713
    Thanks
    1082

    From
    The liberal commie infested, queer loving north east USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    The thread title:

    Christian Dominionism-The Real Threat to Our Secular Republic

    Torcaso v. Watkins 367 U.S. 488 (1961)

    COMMENTARY:

    "... We repeat and again reaffirm that neither a State nor the Federal Government can constitutionally force a person to "profess a belief or disbelief in any religion." Neither can constitutionally pass laws or impose requirements which aid all religions as against non-believers,10 and neither can aid those religions based on a belief in the existence of God as against those religions founded on different beliefs.11

    Footnote 11 concerning "religions founded on different beliefs" contains the Court's citation of Secular Humanism as a religion. It states

    Among religions in this country which do not teach what would generally be considered a belief in the existence of God are Buddhism, Taoism, Ethical Culture, Secular Humanism, and others. See Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia, 101 U.S. App. D.C. 371, 249 F.2d 127; Fellowship of Humanity v. County of Alameda, 153 Cal. App. 2d 673, 315 P.2d 394; II Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences 293; 4 Encyclopedia Britannica (1957 ed.) 325-327; 21 id., at 797; Archer, Faiths Men Live By (2d ed. revised by Purinton), 120-138, 254-313; 1961 World Almanac 695, 712; Year Book of American Churches for 1961, at 29, 47.

    It is important to note that this citation of Secular Humanism as a religion is not merely dictum. The Supreme Court refers to the important 1957 case of Washington Ethical Society v. District of Columbia (101 U.S. App. D.C. 371) in its holding that Secular Humanism is a non-theistic religion within the meaning of the First Amendment..."


    Secular Humanism is a Religion
    And how does any of this change what I'm am saying in the OP? What exactly is your point?

  4. #14
    Voice of Reason ProgressivePatriot's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,713
    Thanks
    1082

    From
    The liberal commie infested, queer loving north east USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Sheepdog View Post
    When was the office of the Congressional Chaplain created?
    Don't know and don't care.

  5. #15
    Voice of Reason ProgressivePatriot's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,713
    Thanks
    1082

    From
    The liberal commie infested, queer loving north east USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    A bizarre response? The left is telling the right that their warnings against Muslims is boogeyman crap.
    Here is some real boogeyman crap for you http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/j...-muslim-lobby/

  6. #16
    Established Member Constitutional Sheepdog's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,098
    Thanks
    579

    From
    Kannapolis North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by ProgressivePatriot View Post
    Don't know and don't care.
    The office is as old as the United States of America is. It's historical.

  7. #17
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,942
    Thanks
    32175

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Sheepdog View Post
    The office is as old as the United States of America is. It's historical.
    And justified by its entirely ceremonial status, according to the Supreme Court. Has anyone advocated getting rid of it?

  8. #18
    Established Member Constitutional Sheepdog's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,098
    Thanks
    579

    From
    Kannapolis North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    And justified by its entirely ceremonial status, according to the Supreme Court. Has anyone advocated getting rid of it?
    I was giving the OP some historical facts of America's Christian heritage. Glad I could help.

  9. #19
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59,942
    Thanks
    32175

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutional Sheepdog View Post
    I was giving the OP some historical facts of America's Christian heritage. Glad I could help.
    The existence of a chaplain proves nothing about "America's Christian heritage." There are lots of elements to American heritage that aren't enshrined in government. Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie, and Chevrolet are all part of America's heritage.

  10. #20
    Established Member Constitutional Sheepdog's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    4,098
    Thanks
    579

    From
    Kannapolis North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    The existence of a chaplain proves nothing about "America's Christian heritage." There are lots of elements to American heritage that aren't enshrined in government. Baseball, Hot Dogs, Apple Pie, and Chevrolet are all part of America's heritage.
    The existence most certainly does proves a lot. As a matter of fact appointing a Chaplain was one of the first things they did as a new Nation.
    Thanks from Humorme

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where is the real threat?
    By Cicero in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12th April 2015, 11:11 PM
  2. The real threat:
    By BruceTLaney in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 5th October 2014, 09:17 AM
  3. Here's the mugshot of a real criminal threat...
    By Czernobog in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 17th December 2013, 02:02 PM
  4. The Threat Of Martial Law Is Real
    By MeMyselfnI in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 1st August 2007, 02:36 PM
  5. Is the Christian right a threat to our freedom?
    By Zarathustra in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 25th June 2007, 09:42 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed