Members banned from this thread: Davocrat, Rorschach and LT Greenbean


Page 14 of 144 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 1432
Thanks Tree605Thanks

Thread: Robert E. Lee Day

  1. #131
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    93,830
    Thanks
    71048

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I am referring to the liberal democrats.
    Like Robert E. Lee?

  2. #132
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,052
    Thanks
    4611

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by boontito View Post
    Like Robert E. Lee?
    No I am referring to the liberal democrats - as my post clearly stated.

    Robert E. Lee is dead. And has been for well over a century. So of course I am not referring to him. He isn't commenting about anything in this thread - because he is dead.

  3. #133
    Veteran Member Dutch's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34,673
    Thanks
    6663

    From
    Middle of nowhere Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Davocrat View Post
    I assumed that you knew my original comment about it was tongue-in-cheek. It's a trope dreamed up by a local radio personality. BUT...there are a lot of guys with those names who get into "provincial" trouble.

    Some days I detect sarcasm just fine other days......


  4. #134
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    32,953
    Thanks
    19977

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This thread is so ignorant and stupid.

    People with no understanding of history should really stop commenting about it. Makes them look the fool.
    I'm happy that REL released the slaves. Probably wanted to avoid paying the slave taxes.


    Tax History Project -- Slave Tax as Sin Tax -- 18th and 19th Century Perspectives

  5. #135
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    32,953
    Thanks
    19977

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    No I am referring to the liberal democrats - as my post clearly stated.

    Robert E. Lee is dead. And has been for well over a century. So of course I am not referring to him. He isn't commenting about anything in this thread - because he is dead.
    But REL was a liberal because he supposedly released his slaves. IE was a progressive.

  6. #136
    Veteran Member Dutch's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    34,673
    Thanks
    6663

    From
    Middle of nowhere Arkansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    Obsession with proper Whiteness, Dutch. There was a famous German who succumbed to that disease.
    Racism, it isn't just practiced by white folk there, panzer girl. Never was, never will be.


    The Dartmouth Review » Eyes Wide Open at the Protest

    The Protest…

    Black-clad protesters gathered in front of Dartmouth Hall, forming a crowd roughly one hundred fifty strong. Ostensibly there to denounce the removal of shirts from a display in Collis, the Black Lives Matter collective began to sing songs and chant their eponymous catchphrase. Not content to merely demonstrate there for the night, the band descended from their high-water mark to march into Baker-Berry Library.

    “F*** you, you filthy white f***s!” “F*** you and your comfort!” “F*** you, you racist s***!”

    These shouted epithets were the first indication that many students had of the coming storm. The sign-wielding, obscenity-shouting protesters proceeded through the usually quiet backwaters of the library. They surged first through first-floor Berry, then up the stairs to the normally undisturbed floors of the building, before coming back down to the ground floor of Novack.

    Throngs of protesters converged around fellow students who had not joined in their long march. They confronted students who bore “symbols of oppression”: “gangster hats” and Beats-brand headphones. The flood of demonstrators self-consciously overstepped every boundary, opening the doors of study spaces with students reviewing for exams. Those who tried to close their doors were harassed further. One student abandoned the study room and ran out of the library. The protesters followed her out of the library, shouting obscenities the whole way.....

  7. #137
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,052
    Thanks
    4611

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    I'm happy that REL released the slaves. Probably wanted to avoid paying the slave taxes.


    Tax History Project -- Slave Tax as Sin Tax -- 18th and 19th Century Perspectives
    I doubt it. Robert E. Lee could have afforded to keep the slaves if he had wanted them. Grant however did own slaves - and was a lot poorer than Robert E. Lee. So your argument is pretty weak and just seems like another desperate attempt to demonize Lee to me - which is basically all this shit thread is.

    Interesting facts about Robert E. Lee. He actually opposed secession and warned the southern states against it - telling them they would regret it. Lee never once referred to the North as his enemy. It was Lee who convinced Jefferson Davis to offer the slaves freedom if they would fight for the confederacy.

    Lee was an honorable and decent man. He was simply loyal to his State - which back then was like someone's country. He did not fight for slavery. He fought for Virginia and her independence. And let's not forget that many of the northern States were practicing slavery both during and shortly after the Civil War.

    So it's time the liberal democrats stopped trying to demonize what was a good man. The amount of ignorance being barfed on this thread is painful to the eyes it is so stupid.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 19th January 2016 at 10:17 AM.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  8. #138
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27,052
    Thanks
    4611

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    But REL was a liberal because he supposedly released his slaves. IE was a progressive.
    My post was referring to the modern day liberal democrats - who are constantly trying to bring up the confederacy in some half-ass attempt to marginalize southerners with white skin. It gets old.

    It had nothing to do with trying to define Lee politically.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 19th January 2016 at 10:19 AM.
    Thanks from Puzzling Evidence

  9. #139
    Nuisance Factor Yeti 8 Jungle Swing Champion, YetiSports 4 - Albatross Overload Champion, YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion boontito's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    93,830
    Thanks
    71048

    From
    <-- "Meme Boy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    No I am referring to the liberal democrats - as my post clearly stated.

    Robert E. Lee is dead. And has been for well over a century. So of course I am not referring to him. He isn't commenting about anything in this thread - because he is dead.
    You might not be aware though that he has a day celebrating him. It's right in the title of the thread. Hard not to bring his name up when he is the subject.

    Odd discussion technique, Jeremy.
    Thanks from TennesseeRain

  10. #140
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    51,560
    Thanks
    39614

    From
    CA
    Thread Ban Notice

    Rorschach has been banned from this thread. Please do not respond to posts


Similar Threads

  1. Robert Budd Dwyer
    By knight in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th November 2014, 03:20 PM
  2. Ron Paul's son Robert considering a congressional run
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 18th April 2011, 10:18 PM
  3. Robert Gibbs Stepping Down
    By Midwest Media Critic in forum Current Events
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 6th January 2011, 08:24 PM
  4. Robert S. McNamara: Dead
    By Sparta in forum Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 6th July 2009, 11:14 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed