Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 99
Thanks Tree25Thanks

Thread: Accidental Gun Deaths

  1. #71
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1,644
    Thanks
    300

    From
    under a rock near NC / GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    An inspection would also look for evidence of illegal modifications, such as removal of serial numbers, or shortening the barrel of a shotgun. It would also confirm that the owner was still in possession of the firearm.
    Utterly ridiculous. If you manufacture your own weapon, you come up with the serial number. Who knows if you changed it? Most people capable of learning how to shoot a firearm can break it down for cleaning, maintenance, etc. Barrel changes are simple. The majority of modern weapons can be re-barreled and switched back to the original barrel in under ten minutes by even a trained monkey (much less a human.)

    Real reason: GUN REGISTRATION. In all recorded history, confiscation begins with registration.

    Maybe we should register liberals, not guns. That way when we get sick of treason and sedition, we will be able to identify the offenders.

  2. #72
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,833
    Thanks
    407

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    An inspection would also look for evidence of illegal modifications, such as removal of serial numbers, or shortening the barrel of a shotgun. It would also confirm that the owner was still in possession of the firearm.
    So you favor registration of firearms? Out with it, where would your vision of gun control stop? Confiscation?

  3. #73
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42,222
    Thanks
    26897

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Humorme View Post
    Utterly ridiculous. If you manufacture your own weapon, you come up with the serial number. Who knows if you changed it? Most people capable of learning how to shoot a firearm can break it down for cleaning, maintenance, etc. Barrel changes are simple. The majority of modern weapons can be re-barreled and switched back to the original barrel in under ten minutes by even a trained monkey (much less a human.)

    Real reason: GUN REGISTRATION. In all recorded history, confiscation begins with registration.

    Maybe we should register liberals, not guns. That way when we get sick of treason and sedition, we will be able to identify the offenders.
    Most guns in the U.S. are manufactured in factories. And when has registration led to confiscation?

  4. #74
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,232
    Thanks
    8860

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief View Post
    Why are these shown in current events? A couple of them are 3-4 months old. Some are from last year. One is from 1989.
    You are the mod.

  5. #75
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,232
    Thanks
    8860

    From
    United States
    LMFAO.

    Will the OP who is on Tiltawhirl post all 538 accidental deaths from gun discharges over the past year?


    Seems he is having to dig back a few decades for his examples, so maybe we will get to see him post a few thousand.

    All this because he got his ass handed to him in his last thread he started crying about gun deaths.

    Meltdowns are fun.



  6. #76
    Junior Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,833
    Thanks
    407

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Most guns in the U.S. are manufactured in factories. And when has registration led to confiscation?
    Confiscation has always been preceded by registration. That's how it works.

  7. #77

  8. #78
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,876
    Thanks
    7702

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Most guns in the U.S. are manufactured in factories. And when has registration led to confiscation?
    Morton Grove IL

  9. #79
    Moderator libertariat720's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    7,123
    Thanks
    2236

    From
    ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Morton Grove IL
    Compare Kennesaw to Morton Grove.

    ...They don't want to.

  10. #80
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,876
    Thanks
    7702

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by libertariat720 View Post
    Compare Kennesaw to Morton Grove.

    ...They don't want to.
    Yep.. not one murder since they passed the law that EVERYONE must own a firearm

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good deaths in Mosul, Bad deaths in Aleppo?
    By bajisima in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18th October 2016, 06:55 AM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2nd October 2015, 10:13 AM
  3. The Accidental School Spy, Part 2
    By Robert Urbanek in forum Education
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 25th November 2013, 05:46 PM
  4. The Accidental School Spy, Part 1
    By Robert Urbanek in forum Education
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th September 2013, 04:03 PM
  5. Overdose deaths surpass vehicle deaths in 16 states
    By Gypsy in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd October 2009, 03:03 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed