Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1052
Thanks Tree156Thanks

Thread: Football Coach Stopped by Atheist from Praying With Team Players Keep Tradition going

  1. #1031
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    28,372
    Thanks
    7378

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Not particularly relevant. Once the coach joined in (as opposed to merely being present in a non-participatory way), his acts constituted an unconstitutional endorsement of religion by the school via its agent.
    No it did not the Religion was endorsed by the students not the Coach..

  2. #1032
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    45,089
    Thanks
    21052

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    No it did not the Religion was endorsed by the students not the Coach..
    Once he joined in, he endorsed it.
    Thanks from jacobfitcher

  3. #1033
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    48,232
    Thanks
    2669

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Once he joined in, he endorsed it.
    In his private time on private property. Being religious is not illegal even for a school teacher

  4. #1034
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,121
    Thanks
    4415

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    If you hit me in the face for preaching the gospel on the street what do you think would happen to you if I called the cops?
    I see you did not even read my words, you verbally retarded ignoramus.

    Given all of the asinine trolling you do on PH, it's clear that you deserve to be hit in the face. However, I didn't say I'd do so exclusively for preaching the fascist sentiments in the Gospels. I said I'd say "not interested," and you would start harassing me because your religion compels you to persecute non-Christians. So if you started persecuting me, I'd punch you in the face. Try defending yourself in court for that. "I was harassing the man, your honor, because my religion tells me to, so that evil atheist hit me in the face.....waaaah waaaaaah."

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You would be charged with assault and I would be charged with nothing.
    I would counter sue you for harassment. This is when someone says "leave me alone" and you continue to do what they asked you to stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You have no right to hit someone if your offended by free speech.
    I'm not offended by free speech. I have no tolerance for harassment because it's the antithesis of free speech. You are pro-harassment because your religion compels you to persecute non-Christians.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I don't think we would have to arrest atheist, I think you would get arrested by acting like an idiot.
    Don't be persecuting people now.

  5. #1035
    Moderator jacobfitcher's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,033
    Thanks
    5228

    From
    Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Why?

    It was not illegal for him to accept the invitation

    It was not immoral for him to accept the invitation

    He shared the faith of the students.
    Ever hear the expression "It's not just the conflict of interest, it's the appearance of a conflict of interest"?

    Same concept here. When invited, the coach should have said "Sorry, guys. I can't. It wouldn't look good."

  6. #1036
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    48,232
    Thanks
    2669

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    I see you did not even read my words, you verbally retarded ignoramus.

    Given all of the asinine trolling you do on PH, it's clear that you deserve to be hit in the face. However, I didn't say I'd do so exclusively for preaching the fascist sentiments in the Gospels. I said I'd say "not interested," and you would start harassing me because your religion compels you to persecute non-Christians. So if you started persecuting me, I'd punch you in the face. Try defending yourself in court for that. "I was harassing the man, your honor, because my religion tells me to, so that evil atheist hit me in the face.....waaaah waaaaaah."



    I would counter sue you for harassment. This is when someone says "leave me alone" and you continue to do what they asked you to stop.



    I'm not offended by free speech. I have no tolerance for harassment because it's the antithesis of free speech. You are pro-harassment because your religion compels you to persecute non-Christians.



    Don't be persecuting people now.
    reported. If you get away with what you said to me, I know the system is rigged.

  7. #1037
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,121
    Thanks
    4415

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You really believe what your saying? We want to have Atheist arrested? Ha ha ha. Keep it coming, its getting better and better
    Court Says Atheist Inmate’s Religious Rights Were Not Burdened Missouri Prison System

    You blame atheists for the rise in America's national crime rate, which I soundly refuted. Then you claim Christians should convert incarcerated non-believers in order to build a clerico-fascist state. For your latter claim, you know you wrote it.

  8. #1038
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    28,372
    Thanks
    7378

    From
    TN
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobfitcher View Post
    Ever hear the expression "It's not just the conflict of interest, it's the appearance of a conflict of interest"?

    Same concept here. When invited, the coach should have said "Sorry, guys. I can't. It wouldn't look good."
    Apperance of a conflict of interest is NOT a conflict of interest.. a hologram image of me would be an appearance of me but it is not me.

  9. #1039
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    48,232
    Thanks
    2669

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Court Says Atheist Inmate’s Religious Rights Were Not Burdened Missouri Prison System

    You blame atheists for the rise in America's national crime rate, which I soundly refuted. Then you claim Christians should convert incarcerated non-believers in order to build a clerico-fascist state. For your latter claim, you know you wrote it.
    Name calling is against the rules, that's my point. You get away with it. I am not going to indulge in debates until the system is fair.

  10. #1040
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22623

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Apperance of a conflict of interest is NOT a conflict of interest.. ...
    A rule you ONLY apply if the person is fundamentalist Christian and/or a Rightwinger.

Similar Threads

  1. 8-Year-Old Kicked Out Of Atheist Run Day Care For Praying
    By Michele in forum Political Humor
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10th April 2014, 02:25 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16th August 2013, 01:00 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th September 2012, 09:32 AM
  4. Poly Prep players warned freshmen of coach's sex abuse
    By Kropotkin in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 7th December 2011, 04:17 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed