Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Thanks Tree20Thanks

Thread: Gingrich--Trump can hire his kids, if they do anything bad--"he has power to pardon"

  1. #1
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,677
    Thanks
    20588

    From
    Florida

    Gingrich--Trump can hire his kids, if they do anything bad--"he has power to pardon"

    Gingrich says Trump should be able to have the people working in the WH that HE WANTS. If he wants to hire his kids, he should be able. If they do anything wrong, he can pardon them. Geez, I wonder if you can 'pre-pardon' people?? Goes on to say, we've never had anybody this rich as President. "Traditional" rules don't apply.

    Gingrich suggests Trump pardon advisers who break the law


    BY JESSIE HELLMANN - 12/19/16 06:33 PM EST




    Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich suggested that Donald Trump could pardon members of his administration who break the law.

    Referring to a law that could prevent Trump from hiring his daughter and son-in-law to serve in his administration, Gingrich said on "The Diane Rehm Show" Monday morning: “In the case of the president, he has a broad ability to organize the White House the way he wants to. He also has, frankly, the power of the pardon."

    "It is a totally open power, and he could simply say, 'Look, I want them to be my advisers. I pardon them if anyone finds them to have behaved against the rules. Period.' Technically, under the Constitution, he has that level of authority," he said, according to Politico.

    Gingrich also suggested that Congress change ethics laws so Trump can avoid any conflicts of interest that his global business empire may pose. “We’ve never seen this kind of wealth in the White House, and so traditional rules don’t work,” he said...



    Gingrich suggests Trump pardon advisers who break the law | TheHill





    Thanks from Bourne and cable2

  2. #2
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    11,730
    Thanks
    5664

    From
    NE Wisconsin
    Newt is such a partisan sack of sh*t. Of course he has no respect for the law because he sucks up to a clown who has violated the law.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    Thanks from cable2 and NeoVsMatrix

  3. #3
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    61,666
    Thanks
    11226

    From
    By the wall
    Yes, a president can provide a blanket pardon for federal offenses for anything except treason.

    Expect Obama to give Hillary one on the last day of office.

  4. #4
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,604
    Thanks
    2816

    From
    Slumming Around In orange baby NEW America!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    Newt is such a partisan sack of sh*t. Of course he has no respect for the law because he sucks up to a clown who has violated the law.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    You mean raygoon?
    Thanks from cable2

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,898
    Thanks
    12962

    From
    My own world
    That could very well be the reason Trump postponed his press conference on the details of him and his business getting detangled. Perhaps once he takes office he will do exactly what Gingrich is suggesting. Maybe this is a weather ballon to see the back lash from the public if Trump did in fact hire his kids and pardoned any legal No No his staff did every day. At the end of each day for the whole four years a presidential pardon could cover the date its written for any crime committed on that particular day, over and over agin for the full four years. 365 days x 4 in pardons x people on his staff. I hope Trump uses his initials or a quick scribble for his signature otherwise he will get a case of carpal tunnel by the end of his term.
    Last edited by Eve1; 20th December 2016 at 05:41 AM.
    Thanks from cable2

  6. #6
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    84,809
    Thanks
    54809

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    Newt is such a partisan sack of sh*t. Of course he has no respect for the law because he sucks up to a clown who has violated the law.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    The words "up to" were unnecessary in your sentence.
    Thanks from cable2

  7. #7
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    61,666
    Thanks
    11226

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    That could very well be the reason Trump postponed his press conference on the details of him and his business getting detangled. Perhaps once he takes office he will do exactly what Gingrich is suggesting. Maybe this is a weather ballon to see the back lash from the public if Trump did in fact hire his kids and pardoned any legal No No his staff did every day. At the end of each day for the whole four years a presidential pardon could cover the date its written for any crime committed on that particular day, over and over agin for the full four years. 365 days x 4 in pardons x people on his staff. I hope Trump uses his initials or a quick scribble for his signature otherwise he will get a case of carpal tunnel by the end of his term.
    You are wrong.

    An accusation does not need to be made for a president to give a pardon.

    All a president has to do is issue a pardon for any federal offense a person may commit for whatever length of time he wants.

    Trump could give Eve1 a lifetime pardon for federal crimes which means you could break any federal law you want unless another president changes it.
    Last edited by Spookycolt; 20th December 2016 at 05:45 AM.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,898
    Thanks
    12962

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Yes, a president can provide a blanket pardon for federal offenses for anything except treason.

    Expect Obama to give Hillary one on the last day of office.
    Do you want to bet he doesn't Spookycolt? Come on take me up on the bet. If you win I have to play a song an a new thread that says you were right and I was wrong. If I win you have to play a song to me that you were wrong and I was right. Come on Spookycolt take the bet. You don't have faith in yourself?
    Thanks from Bourne and cable2

  9. #9
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,677
    Thanks
    20588

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Bourne View Post
    Newt is such a partisan sack of sh*t. Of course he has no respect for the law because he sucks up to a clown who has violated the law.

    Regards,

    Bourne
    He is a prick! Smart, turned bad. He has some classic 'adopted child' neuroses turned outward against OTHERS.
    Thanks from Bourne and cable2

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,898
    Thanks
    12962

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    You are wrong.

    An accusation does not need to be made for a president to give a pardon.

    All a president has to do is issue a pardon for any federal offense a person may commit for whatever length of time he wants.

    I didn't say they have to be specific it just can't be made into the future. Trump would have to write one at the end of each day for his staff this way nobody can charge them after he leaves office for a time period he didn't cover. If he waits and in the meantime he 1. Dies, 2. is removed and he hasn't covered a period because of one of this reasons, it leaves the staff exposed.
    Last edited by Eve1; 20th December 2016 at 05:47 AM.
    Thanks from cable2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 16th November 2016, 09:53 AM
  2. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 13th November 2016, 12:34 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13th October 2016, 09:17 AM
  4. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 6th June 2016, 12:55 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th August 2015, 08:08 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed