Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 69
Thanks Tree55Thanks

Thread: CHINA alarmed at TRUMP trade advisor "warns of SHOWDOWN"

  1. #1
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    18,461
    Thanks
    14034

    From
    Florida

    CHINA alarmed at TRUMP trade advisor "warns of SHOWDOWN"

    Laugh a day, threat a day resulting from the loud mouth simpleton's IGNORANCE on policy, politics and 'CHOICES'. Do I think that CHINA is going to back down when they realize that Trump or his minion is threatening them? Hell NO! WE have how many American companies making shit there? We buy a whole lot of shit from there and our INFLATION RATE would go through the ceiling if they chose to RAISE their prices OR we had to buy our shit from countries at higher prices. And what if WE just stop buying shit? OUR economy would TANK! Yepper, CHINA is now inextricably linked to us, like it or not!

    Talk about the LAW OF UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCES!

    Oh yeah, and how much of our debt do they owe?? Couple trillion?? Just as a hypothetical--what if they 'called in the note'? Of course DON the CON says he knows how to leverage debt to his advantage. He can take that one personally! Sure, I have total faith.


    WORLD NEWS | Fri Dec 23, 2016 | 6:00am EST
    Chinese media alarmed at Trump trade adviser, warn of U.S. showdown



    U.S. President-elect Donald Trump talks to members of the media after a meeting meeting with Pentagon officials at Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach, Florida, U.S., December 21, 2016. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

    Chinese state media on Friday expressed alarm and warned of a "showdown with the U.S." after President-elect Donald Trump named Peter Navarro, an economist who has urged a hard line against China, to head a new White House National Trade Council.

    And the Chinese Ministry of Commerce stressed that China-U.S. trade benefits both sides, warning Washington's new administration against moves that may hurt ties.

    Navarro is an academic and one-time investment adviser who has authored books such as "Death by China: How America Lost its Manufacturing Base". The book was made into a documentary film about Beijing's desire to become the dominant economic and military power in Asia.

    "That individuals such as Navarro who have a bias against China are being picked to work in leading positions in the next administration is no laughing matter," the official English-language China Daily said in an editorial.
    "The new administration should bear in mind that with economic and trade ties between the world's two largest economies now the closest they have ever been, any move to damage the win-win relationship will only result in a loss for both sides."

    China's Foreign Ministry said in reaction on Thursday it was playing close attention to Trump's transition team and possible policy direction and that cooperation between the two countries was the only choice...

    Chinese media alarmed at Trump trade adviser, warn of U.S. showdown | Reuters


    Last edited by cpicturetaker12; 23rd December 2016 at 07:08 AM.
    Thanks from cable2, BAZINGA DrumpF and Friday13

  2. #2
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,560
    Thanks
    9215

    From
    By the wall
    So what do you want to do, continue to kiss their ass and hide from them?

    Have you already surrendered the US to them?
    Thanks from GoaTlOver

  3. #3
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    10,794
    Thanks
    6949

    From
    My own world
    Donald is going to turn into a paper tiger.
    Thanks from cable2 and Friday13

  4. #4
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    18,461
    Thanks
    14034

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    So what do you want to do, continue to kiss their ass and hide from them?

    Have you already surrendered the US to them?
    Okay genius, tell us what he should do? What should he withhold from them? What should he give them? What demands can he make? You better quit 'manipulating' your money or I will____________fill in the blank!

    I was a psych major. I readily admit I don't understand the possible cascading effects of this. People who understand this shit let us know WHAT Trump can do and don't blow smoke, I'm seriously asking. What CAN he do?? I'll assume it can't be immediate. I admit, it is only an assumption, we would have to ween ourselves off of CHINA gradually or put the whole economy (ours) into chaos.
    Last edited by cpicturetaker12; 23rd December 2016 at 07:22 AM.
    Thanks from cable2, April15, Friday13 and 2 others

  5. #5
    My Kingdom for a covfefe Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    27,640
    Thanks
    16520

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Okay genius, tell us what he should do? What should he withhold from them? What should he give them? You're question is backasswards!
    Plus Trump has holdings in China. And the Bank of China holds hundreds of millions of dollars of his debt. Wouldn't it be funny if China ends up owning the Trump "empire"?
    Thanks from cable2, April15 and Friday13

  6. #6
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,560
    Thanks
    9215

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Okay genius, tell us what he should do? What should he withhold from them? What should he give them? You're question is backasswards!
    Not my job, its what I pay Trump and Congress to figure out.

    Plus I know political science and history, not economics.

    I will say this, it would be nice to be on friendly terms with Russia so they can also apply pressure to China for whatever we do.

  7. #7
    My Kingdom for a covfefe Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    27,640
    Thanks
    16520

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Not my job, its what I pay Trump and Congress to figure out.

    Plus I know political science and history, not economics.
    Aren't you worried that the Bank of China might call in Trumps 650 plus million loans?

    Looks like he is trying to create some friction between us. Maybe he wants out of the loans so what better way than to create bogus situations and declare war against them.

    Who knows? Maybe you can enlist and get in some military duty as part of your vast resume.
    Thanks from cable2, April15 and Friday13

  8. #8
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,560
    Thanks
    9215

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Panzareta View Post
    Aren't you worried that the Bank of China might call in Trumps 650 plus million loans?

    Looks like he is trying to create some friction between us. Maybe he wants out of the loans so what better way than to create bogus situations and declare war against them.

    Who knows? Maybe you can enlist and get in some military duty as part of your vast resume.
    Why the hell do I care about Trumps money?

    You thinking he is going to start a war to get out of debt is just paranoia to the tenth degree.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Meursault's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    8,226
    Thanks
    5297

    From
    Bay Area
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Laugh a day, threat a day resulting from the loud mouth simpleton's IGNORANCE on policy, politics and 'CHOICES'. Do I think that CHINA is going to back down when they realize that Trump or his minion is threatening them? Hell NO! WE have how many American companies making shit there? We buy a whole lot of shit from there and our INFLATION RATE would go through the ceiling if they chose to RAISE their prices OR we had to buy our shit from countries at higher prices. And what if WE just stop buying shit? OUR economy would TANK! Yepper, CHINA is now inextricably linked to us, like it or not!
    Still using large font and bold letters with numerous links. And to think I just gave you a trophy yesterday.
    Thanks from April15 and Nicnam

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Canada - Geography game Champion, Geography Champion mtm1963's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    29,426
    Thanks
    5256

    From
    Tennessee
    Just what is China going to do?

    Not one damn thing!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th October 2016, 10:50 AM
  2. Replies: 82
    Last Post: 11th September 2016, 06:33 AM
  3. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 24th November 2015, 12:57 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th October 2015, 04:38 AM
  5. China warns of "Suicide Monks"
    By Blueneck in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 1st April 2008, 02:11 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed