Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 397
Thanks Tree134Thanks

Thread: Health care "for everybody" "paid for by the Government"----Donald Trump

  1. #1
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22632

    From
    VA

    Health care "for everybody" "paid for by the Government"----Donald Trump

    Scott Pelley: Universal health care?

    Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

    Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

    Donald Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably–

    Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

    Donald Trump: –the government’s gonna pay for it.


    – Excerpt from transcript of CBS interview with Donald Trump, September 27th, 2015.




    Health Insurance "For Everybody" and the "Government Will Pay" Says "Republican" Donald Trump. AGAIN. | RedState

    If Trump isn't lying?....this is great news.

    Apparently, Bernie Sanders won the election after all and Conservatism now means "socialized medicine."


  2. #2
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41,330
    Thanks
    43463

    From
    Nashville, TN
    You can bet that conversation has gone down the memory hole, never to be heard again.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    15,120
    Thanks
    5577

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Scott Pelley: Universal health care?

    Donald Trump: I am going to take care of everybody. I don’t care if it costs me votes or not. Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.

    Scott Pelley: The uninsured person is going to be taken care of how?

    Donald Trump: They’re going to be taken care of. I would make a deal with existing hospitals to take care of people. And, you know what, if this is probably–

    Scott Pelley: Make a deal? Who pays for it?

    Donald Trump: –the government’s gonna pay for it.


    – Excerpt from transcript of CBS interview with Donald Trump, September 27th, 2015.




    Health Insurance "For Everybody" and the "Government Will Pay" Says "Republican" Donald Trump. AGAIN. | RedState

    If Trump isn't lying?....this is great news.

    Apparently, Bernie Sanders won the election after all and Conservatism now means "socialized medicine."

    what Trump says means nothing. congress is in charge of this. I'm doubtful this will get through congress.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    26,479
    Thanks
    6720

    From
    midwest
    I though Mexico was gonna pay for it.

    Wait...that was something else altogether.
    Thanks from GordonGecko

  5. #5
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    15,120
    Thanks
    5577

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    I though Mexico was gonna pay for it.

    Wait...that was something else altogether.
    naw - we are gonna pay for it and bill Mexico later. oops - congress is also in charge of that function, too.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  6. #6
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41,330
    Thanks
    43463

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller47 View Post
    I though Mexico was gonna pay for it.

    Wait...that was something else altogether.
    Republicans are going to cut taxes and blow up the deficit to pay for it, like they always do.

  7. #7
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22632

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    what Trump says means nothing. congress is in charge of this. I'm doubtful this will get through congress.
    Sure....but that means Republicans in Congress making Trump look politically impotent and that THEY are controlling the agenda, not him.

    So either he knuckles under and accepts being nothing but an empty suit (who signs the bills put in front of him).....or he fights back against his own Party.


    Either way? I"m good. Both would be fun to watch.

  8. #8
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22632

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Republicans are going to cut taxes and blow up the deficit to pay for it, like they always do.
    "Fiscal conservatism" is a hoax...always was. Soon as the GOP gets control of the White House, or especially both the White House and Congress?

    All talk of "austerity" and "budget cuts" or even "balanced budgets"?....vanishes.
    Thanks from Thx1138 and EnigmaO01

  9. #9
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41,330
    Thanks
    43463

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    "Fiscal conservatism" is a hoax...always was. Soon as the GOP gets control of the White House, or especially both the White House and Congress?

    All talk of "austerity" and "budget cuts" or even "balanced budgets"?....vanishes.
    They are already talking about blowing up the defense budget, along with gutting taxes on the 1%. So massive deficits are on the way soon after, just like 2001.
    Thanks from Panzareta, EnigmaO01 and GordonGecko

  10. #10
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    41,330
    Thanks
    43463

    From
    Nashville, TN
    They will add 200 billion to defense and cut Planned Parenthood funding 10 million and call it even.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 17th December 2016, 09:30 AM
  2. Replies: 281
    Last Post: 13th November 2016, 12:34 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 19th October 2016, 12:31 PM
  4. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 22nd January 2016, 01:21 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed