Members banned from this thread: Goofball and BigLeRoy


Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 745
Thanks Tree323Thanks

Thread: Bye Bye Obamaconomy, Hello Trumpconomy!

  1. #41
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    35,208
    Thanks
    22072

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    The Trumpconomy is rolling. Strong job growth, 26% higher than expected and the economy is growing at more than twice the rate of the pitiful 2016 Obamaconomy rate of 1.6%!




    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/u...--finance.html

    WASHINGTON (AP) —







    Latest forecast: 3.4 percent — February 1, 2017



    https://frbatlanta.org/cqer/research/gdpnow/?panel=1
    Wait, are you really giving trump the credit? Remember when bush first came in...there was a surplus...look what he did....trump inherited a growing economy....let's see if it keeps going up. I hope so..... can I use my restaurant strategy . Someone Buys a booming restaurant and people still come....then they get a new chef and it starts declining. Let's see if trump can keep the momentum coming..I hope so.
    Thanks from Minotaur, GordonGecko and MaryAnne

  2. #42
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,841
    Thanks
    32945

    From
    Border Fence
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Unemployment rate is a rather subjective number.

    Consider this, we have 4 million jobs today than we did in 2007 before the recession, but we have 10 million more working age Americans that need jobs but the unemployment rate is lower now than then.

    Doesn't really pass the smell test.
    Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    There are a number of factors that you might not be taking into account here.
    First of all is that the number of people who had retired since 2007 has been much larger than the number of people entering the workforce.
    According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics there are around 93-94 thousand persons of working age not participating in the workforce. The rest can be either attributed to unemployed or employed.
    You would have been better to ask where the poster got his numbers. You supplied a link...he did not.


    You should always question a person that does not post links. There is a lot of fake news out there. They may be easily confused or duped.
    Last edited by DebateDrone; 3rd February 2017 at 09:29 AM.
    Thanks from April15, OldGaffer and Friday13

  3. #43
    Veteran Member bonehead's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    15,434
    Thanks
    5761

    From
    south
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Well wouldn't be nice if it were us for a change, right?
    wonder what the odds are that it would be ordinary citizens instead of the upper wage earners?
    Thanks from April15

  4. #44
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22637

    From
    VA
    Save this OP, the link to it, and the Rightwing responses to it ....for the next 4 years...


    just in case.

    Thanks from BigLeRoy and Friday13

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,583
    Thanks
    1744

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    You would have been better to ask where the poster got his numbers. You supplied a link...he did not.


    You should always question a person that does not post links. There is a lot of fake news out there. They may be easily confused or duped.
    I have a long history of truthful and honest posts here.

  6. #46
    Bad Policy Good Politics DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    37,841
    Thanks
    32945

    From
    Border Fence
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    I have a long history of truthful and honest posts here.
    Your truthfulness is not at question, your posted fake or bad numbers is. Posting without links is.

  7. #47
    Veteran Member GordonGecko's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    29,973
    Thanks
    22637

    From
    VA
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    I have a long history of truthful and honest posts here.
    Cool, so IF (hopefully not) the economy is bad in 2020.....you won't try to say "Trump still dealing with Obama's economy".
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,583
    Thanks
    1744

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Your truthfulness is not at question, your posted fake or bad numbers is. Posting without links is.
    I don't post fake or bad numbers, that wouldn't be truthful, besides it is a commonly known statistic.

    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LFWA64TTUSM647S

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,583
    Thanks
    1744

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
    Cool, so IF (hopefully not) the economy is bad in 2020.....you won't try to say "Trump still dealing with Obama's economy".
    Nope.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,583
    Thanks
    1744

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    Wait, are you really giving trump the credit? Remember when bush first came in...there was a surplus...look what he did....trump inherited a growing economy....let's see if it keeps going up. I hope so..... can I use my restaurant strategy . Someone Buys a booming restaurant and people still come....then they get a new chef and it starts declining. Let's see if trump can keep the momentum coming..I hope so.
    Economic growth was declining, dropping to 1.6% in 2016 was heading toward recession territory.

    2016 GDP

    Real GDP increased 1.6 percent in 2016 (that is, from the 2015 annual level to the 2016 annual
    level), compared with an increase of 2.6 percent in 2015 (table 1).

    https://bea.gov/newsreleases/nationa...ewsrelease.htm

Page 5 of 75 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obamaconomy Growth Shrinks to 1.6% for 2016
    By Libertine in forum Current Events
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 31st January 2017, 03:02 PM
  2. Obamaconomy Teetering on Recession
    By Libertine in forum Current Events
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 2nd August 2016, 08:41 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed