Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55
Thanks Tree44Thanks

Thread: What to do about Alex Jones

  1. #1
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    3341

    From
    Ohio

    What to do about Alex Jones

    Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has apologized to a Washington, D.C., restaurant owner for disseminating a conspiracy theory that motivated one of his fans to open fire inside the Comet Ping Pong pizza joint.
    Jones’ apology comes after Alefantis sent him a letter asking him to retract statements he made about Pizzagate on his broadcasts.

    It also came on the same day that 28-year-old Edgar Maddison Welch, of Salisbury, North Carolina, agreed to a plea deal in connection with firing a rifle in Comet Ping Pong. In the text of the deal, which could land him in prison for three years or more, Welch acknowledges that his actions were “motivated, at least in part, by unfounded rumors about a child sex-trafficking ring… that involved nationally-known political figures.”

    https://thinkprogress.org/alex-jones...706#.jx7go6qnd

    1. I hope the pizza shop owner sues Alex Jones.

    2. How about a criminal charge?

    3. A public shaming of Jones and his gullible followers.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Panzareta

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    14,109
    Thanks
    9303

    From
    My own world
    A law should be passed in that anytime someone like Alex Jones does a radio show, tv show or writes an article and is put into any format a flashing message should appear and interrupt the show every few seconds and scroll underneath as they are speaking. All it has to say is "This person is spreading bull shit. Do not believe this person, view him/her as entertainment only. They are liars.

    SIMPLE WORDS SO THE AUDIENCE ISN'T CONFUSED. TRUMP GOT HIS MESSAGE OUT WITH LABELS AND SHORT AND CUT THROAT PHRASES SO IT HAS TO BE DONE THE SAME WAY TO UNDO THE DAMAGE.
    Last edited by Eve1; 27th March 2017 at 06:31 AM.
    Thanks from OHjulie, Friday13 and Redwood

  3. #3
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    3341

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    A law should be passed in that anytime someone like Alex Jones does a radio show, tv show or writes an article and is put into any format a flashing message should appear and interrupt the show every few seconds and scroll underneath as they are speaking. All it has to say is "This person is spreading bull shit. Do not believe this person, view him/her as entertainment only. They are liars.

    SIMPLE WORDS SO THE AUDIENCE ISN'T CONFUSED. TRUMP GOT HIS MESSAGE OUT WITH LABELS AND SHORT AND CUT THROAT PHRASES SO IT HAS TO BE DONE THE SAME WAY TO UNDO THE DAMAGE.
    Back when the Fairness Doctrine was operative, freaks like Alex Jones kept their conspiracy theories underground.

    Anyway, I think Jones is getting serious negative publicity....as is Trump who is a big fan of Jones.

    I do want the pizza owner to sue Jones' ass off.
    Thanks from Friday13, Redwood and Panzareta

  4. #4
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,275
    Thanks
    10838

    From
    By the wall
    So if I went and shot up a pizza place and claimed the OP motivated me then Ohjulie should go to prison huh?

  5. #5
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,275
    Thanks
    10838

    From
    By the wall
    You know that al gore and his wife tried this with heavy metal music and teen suicide back in the 80s, suing bands every time a kid offed themselves and listened to this music.

    Juries laughed them out of court.

  6. #6
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,988
    Thanks
    14653

    From
    Missouri
    Give him the exact amount of attention he deserves: ZERO.

  7. #7
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    3341

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    Give him the exact amount of attention he deserves: ZERO.
    I'd agree except that Trump reads and listens to Jones
    and the public needs to know that.
    Thanks from Friday13 and Babylon

  8. #8
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,988
    Thanks
    14653

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by OHjulie View Post
    I'd agree except that Trump reads and listens to Jones
    and the public needs to know that.
    The people who'd find that information significant already know what they need to know about Trump. The ones who don't won't care.
    Thanks from Dragonfly5 and BitterPill

  9. #9
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    3341

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    So if I went and shot up a pizza place and claimed the OP motivated me then Ohjulie should go to prison huh?
    Don't be coy. I have no doubt that you believed the "child sex abuse ring operating out of that pizza shop" conspiracy, too.
    Thanks from Isalexi and Friday13

  10. #10
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,106
    Thanks
    3341

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    The people who'd find that information significant already know what they need to know about Trump. The ones who don't won't care.
    I think there are more people out there who are in neither camp plus I have this thing about informing the public, sunlight being the best disinfectant, etc.
    But that's just me.
    Thanks from chaos, Friday13 and Panzareta

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Alex Jones
    By ochocinco720 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 6th September 2011, 01:15 PM
  2. Your dose of Alex Jones
    By Blueneck in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 14th April 2011, 03:49 PM
  3. ADL slams Alex Jones
    By nonsqtr in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 23rd November 2009, 12:24 AM
  4. Alex Jones
    By Conservative15 in forum Conspiracy Theories
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 9th September 2007, 04:47 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed