Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 55
Thanks Tree15Thanks

Thread: 2004 article--OREILLY Muses about F*k'g news staff, young, eager, 'there to serve ME'

  1. #41
    You'll see what I can do Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    20,273
    Thanks
    12300

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    All you would need is a majority on the court to uphold the law as constitutional. And considering how reasonable such a law would be, especially in this climate
    where our press has become so irresponsible and gaudy.
    Look, your candidate promised explicitly to reform libel law. No effort yet, and no suggestion that it will happen any time soon. The reason is because the path to a constitutionally acceptable reform is basically impossible, and he knows it.

  2. #42
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17,514
    Thanks
    3015

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Look, your candidate promised explicitly to reform libel law. No effort yet, and no suggestion that it will happen any time soon. The reason is because the path to a constitutionally acceptable reform is basically impossible, and he knows it.
    Says you. Not me.

    I have been arguing for reform in this area long before Donald Trump ever came onto the scene. And I seriously doubt me and him are the only persons fed up with it.

  3. #43
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    25,579
    Thanks
    22217

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Well then that's their fault for waiting so long to pursue charges then.

    Don't you find it awfully convenient that they just suddenly remembered they were sexually assaulted or raped after he became President?

    Give me a break.
    Have you ever been raped. If not, how the fuck do you know what a rape victim does to get by?
    Thanks from jacobfitcher

  4. #44
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17,514
    Thanks
    3015

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    The court doesn't override precedent as old as NYT v. Sullivan.
    Yes it can.

    The Supreme Court can override precedent, especially when there is a special reason to - as the advent of the internet media certainly presents.

    Our media has drastically changed over the years and the laws should be changed to reflect that.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 20th April 2017 at 12:06 PM.

  5. #45
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17,514
    Thanks
    3015

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    Have you ever been raped. If not, how the fuck do you know what a rape victim does to get by?
    Have you ever been raped DebateDrone?

  6. #46
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15,480
    Thanks
    12203

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    So it's a crime now to think about having sex with sexy co-workers?

    lol...

    You better start construction on the hundreds of thousands of prisons we're going to need to lock up at least 90% of America.
    Therein lies the OPERATIVE WORD. Reilly apparently DIDN'T.
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #47
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15,480
    Thanks
    12203

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    No what you are saying is the pathetic straw man actually because it had nothing to do with my comment.

    As I added in my previous post - "Musing lecherously" is not indicating unwanted sexual interest in subordinates. It's what at least 90% of America does on a daily basis when they are around sexy co-workers.

    So yeah, good luck making that a civil offense. lol

    Also - Bill O'Reilly has not even been convicted of so much as a sexual misdemeanor. So you are showing yourself for what you are when you say that is why he was fired.

    O'Reilly was fired because Murdock's kids are politically correct pussies who decided it was just easier to pay him off rather than face more media scrutiny. They even admitted this when they said they did not except the kind of backlash in the media and from the advertisers that they had.

    So score a +1 to the bias media. They managed to destroy the reputation of yet another one of their enemies without ever having to step in a court of law to do it. Ain't America grand.
    Name me ONE CASE in which THINKING about banging your coworker resulted in at least 13 people being paid to keep their mouth shut. You,can't name one. If you can, I'll eat this keyboard.

    (And EVERYONE in a workplace would be sued!)I
    Last edited by cpicturetaker12; 22nd April 2017 at 12:15 PM.

  8. #48
    Senior Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    8,736
    Thanks
    5575

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Well then that's their fault for waiting so long to pursue charges then.

    Don't you find it awfully convenient that they just suddenly remembered they were sexually assaulted or raped after he became President?

    Give me a break.
    Actually no I don't think its anything more than what it is He said he never did anything that was close to what he said on the tape and that it was just locker room talk. The woman came forward and said oh yeah,he did. Seems logical to me it would come out after he said he never did anything like what he was talking about. HA!.

  9. #49
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    15,480
    Thanks
    12203

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    No what you are saying is the pathetic straw man actually because it had nothing to do with my comment.

    As I added in my previous post - "[I]Musing lecherously[/I]" is not indicating unwanted sexual interest in subordinates. It's what at least 90% of America does on a daily basis when they are around sexy co-workers.

    So yeah, good luck making that a civil offense. lol

    Also - Bill O'Reilly has not even been convicted of so much as a sexual misdemeanor. So you are showing yourself for what you are when you say that is why he was fired.

    O'Reilly was fired because Murdock's kids are politically correct pussies who decided it was just easier to pay him off rather than face more media scrutiny. They even admitted this when they said they did not except the kind of backlash in the media and from the advertisers that they had.

    So score a +1 to the bias media. They managed to destroy the reputation of yet another one of their enemies without ever having to step in a court of law to do it. Ain't America grand.

    To the first highlight. No they don't. Most of us have to get a job done. To the 2nd highlight. You have the luxury of defending the pig because he 'wasn't convicted'. What if it was your daughter? (In case you are one those whose WIVE has put up with this behavior and likely wouldn't tell you).

    Women have to make a living TOO!

  10. #50
    Conservative Goddess Bronwyn's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,584
    Thanks
    1156

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Again: read my comments more carefully before you respond. I said Murdoch's kids were politically correct pussies.

    I know this was a business decision - that was my whole point. It had nothing to do with O'Reilly actually being guilty or convicted of the crime (or civil offense) he was being accused of. And that's the problem.

    We need new laws in place that protect public figures from these kind of allegations meant to destroy their reputations and livelihoods without having to first prove it in court. No one should ever be fired over allegations.

    In America - we are suppose to be innocent until proven guilty. Remember that?
    Not according to the liberal media. They can't even PROVE this was said by OReilly. Then you see the op screaming it out as if it's the truth. Anything to smear.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 30th October 2014, 12:02 PM
  2. This is a pretty horrendous news article
    By Dr Sampson Simpson in forum Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 28th May 2013, 12:03 PM
  3. A GOP defector muses on the state of the party
    By zitiboy in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 1st May 2012, 06:35 PM
  4. A News question for David Young
    By Inkslinger in forum Current Events
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 15th August 2006, 09:15 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed