Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 110
Thanks Tree18Thanks

Thread: Shooting in Paris

  1. #71
    Established Member Ginger's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,690
    Thanks
    2599

    From
    USA
    Leftism and globalism are being rejected in the civilized world.

  2. #72
    Senior Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,912
    Thanks
    6597

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    See, once again she blames the left for EVERYTHING. Then (lies) turns around and says the left are the hateful ones.

  3. #73
    New Member BlueDozer's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    294

    From
    Houston
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    Leftism and globalism are being rejected in the civilized world.
    No they haven't?

    Brexit will probably tear the UK apart, and leave England and Wales little isolated nothings while Scotland and Northern Ireland remain with the EU.

    In Spain's last election, they chose a centrist Pro-European coalition. Canada has an absolute Liberal majority, and centrist parties are on the rise in Scandinavia and the Baltic states.

    The two leading parties in Germany are Pro-European, and the next Greek election will probably see the return of the centre-right Pro-European New Democracy to power.

    In fact, the only major European economy other than the UK that I could believe may leave is Italy, but that's even doubtful.

    It's hard for me to believe that the US is concerned with globalization when the pro-trade candidate was chosen by the people by over two million votes. Then an undemocratic system gave it to someone else.


    Europe and North America will get past this blip.
    Thanks from sweettee and galatin

  4. #74
    Senior Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,912
    Thanks
    6597

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    Facts mean el Zippo to her. She's waaaaay more determined to crap on libs about life in general.
    Thanks from Hollywood

  5. #75
    Veteran Member bajisima's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    38,833
    Thanks
    22923

    From
    New Hampshire

  6. #76
    Member
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    2,632
    Thanks
    1605

    From
    Switzerland
    Quote Originally Posted by THOR View Post
    Be honest...Do the Swiss like the Muslim immigration into Switzerland? Does Switzerland seem different now? Been to Switzerland years ago. Very nice. I would not care to to vacation there if I'm going to see vast numbers of Burka clad women walking the streets of Lucerne. That's not Switzerland to me. Maybe it's still early and the percentages of muslims is still low, twenty years from now it won't be.
    Why are you led only by your emotions ? When I stress facts you reply with something else not focusing on the topic which is debated. You will find in Switzerland in Summer some tourists from the Gulf wearing burkas and it looks perhaps a bit awkward even if it scavanges the road..... But the question is not there, most Muslims in Switzerland are quiet people and try to have a decent life here, they integrate and become Swiss for most of them...... like other immigrants did before.... We have no ocean to protect us from immigration, so it is more a question on how to organize immigration than to stop it...... And anyway with already 4% of the population being of Muslim origin, it is no more a question of immigration. To quiet you down most ofthe Muslims living in Switzerland are not really very religious. Only 15% of them go regularly to the mosque.....

  7. #77
    Established Member Ginger's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,690
    Thanks
    2599

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDozer View Post
    No they haven't?

    Brexit will probably tear the UK apart, and leave England and Wales little isolated nothings while Scotland and Northern Ireland remain with the EU. In Spain's last election, they chose a centrist Pro-European coalition. Canada has an absolute Liberal majority, and centrist parties are on the rise in Scandinavia and the Baltic states. The two leading parties in Germany are Pro-European, and the next Greek election will probably see the return of the centre-right Pro-European New Democracy to power. In fact, the only major European economy other than the UK that I could believe may leave is Italy, but that's even doubtful. It's hard for me to believe that the US is concerned with globalization when the pro-trade candidate was chosen by the people by over two million votes. Then an undemocratic system gave it to someone else.


    Europe and North America will get past this blip.
    Are you unsure? What did you mean?

    Our electoral system has been in place over 200 years. Now that it's inconvenient for democrats, they want it thrown out. What a bunch of whiny crying little babies. It's pathetic.

    How about we get back on topic. The French elections are on Sunday, so we wait.

  8. #78
    New Member BlueDozer's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    379
    Thanks
    294

    From
    Houston
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    Are you unsure? What did you mean?

    Our electoral system has been in place over 200 years. Now that it's inconvenient for democrats, they want it thrown out. What a bunch of whiny crying little babies. It's pathetic.

    How about we get back on topic. The French elections are on Sunday, so we wait.
    No. Unsure, I certainly am not.

    You made the initial comment about the developed world rejecting globalization, which they are clearly not. Now, you wish to backpedal with childishly confrontational bollocks.

    The one concrete fact is that Clinton received more votes than Trump, but the system chose differently. Not the people. The system, which is funny and a little sad because the EC was designed to prevent megalomaniacal populists like Trump from winning in the first place.

    So, clearly, the people were not as opposed to trade or globalization as much as the EC would like us to believe.
    Thanks from sweettee

  9. #79
    Senior Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    11,912
    Thanks
    6597

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
    Are you unsure? What did you mean?

    Our electoral system has been in place over 200 years. Now that it's inconvenient for democrats, they want it thrown out. What a bunch of whiny crying little babies. It's pathetic.

    How about we get back on topic. The French elections are on Sunday, so we wait.
    Oh, no. The subject in your head was evil liberals.

  10. #80
    Established Member Ginger's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    6,690
    Thanks
    2599

    From
    USA
    Poor lefties, so much wringing of hands. You all knew how the system works. She lost. Stop whining.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Charlotte Police Shooting Was NOT A Racist Shooting!
    By douglasmark497 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12th October 2016, 04:13 PM
  2. Here’s What Not to Do After Paris
    By Cicero in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 20th November 2015, 06:28 AM
  3. Paris
    By PACE in forum Current Events
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 19th November 2015, 11:03 AM
  4. Replies: 31
    Last Post: 25th April 2015, 06:50 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed