Members banned from this thread: Michael J and Blues63


Page 122 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1477
Thanks Tree392Thanks

Thread: Victory Belongs to Jesus': Christian Student Gets a Win in LGBT Case

  1. #1211
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    48,002
    Thanks
    22527

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I don't tell people that you can't prove there is a G-d and turn around and claim I believe in G-d.
    No, you claim that your faith in G-d and belief in Him proves he exists, and it does not. You do not know what a "proof" is, and are incapable of distinguishing between religion and science.
    Thanks from sweettee

  2. #1212
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,024
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    No, you claim that your faith in G-d and belief in Him proves he exists, and it does not. You do not know what a "proof" is, and are incapable of distinguishing between religion and science.
    I don't use science to disprove my faith

  3. #1213
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    48,002
    Thanks
    22527

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I don't use science to disprove my faith.
    Nor does anyone else. Instead, you use your faith as though it was evidence of something outside your own head.

  4. #1214
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,826
    Thanks
    4660

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I have studied Judaism most of my life, but I have never understood how you could rationalize away God by science, yet still claim you are religious after doing that
    You may have read Ian's posts, but you didn't understand them. Ian never rationalized away God with science. Since science can't say anything at all about God, it neither can nor can't rationalize God away.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  5. #1215
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,826
    Thanks
    4660

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Try cracking the Bible sometime and reading it. God communicates to people thru the Holy Spirit.
    And no external corroborations prove that. How did God communicate with those writers? We have no idea because God gave us nothing that confirms his presence on Earth when he apparently spoke to those writers.

    Like I wrote earlier, if someone wrote that X happened, then numerous years later someone else wrote that X happened, that would neither prove X happened nor that God told them to write it down. Those claims need external corroborations.

  6. #1216
    Veteran Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    12,555
    Thanks
    6945

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Nor does anyone else. Instead, you use your faith as though it was evidence of something outside your own head.
    Using faith as a weapon annoys the crap outta me.

  7. #1217
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,024
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    Nor does anyone else. Instead, you use your faith as though it was evidence of something outside your own head.
    Actually my faith is in my heart, not my head. Faith does not come by scientific evidence, but by revelation

  8. #1218
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,024
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    You may have read Ian's posts, but you didn't understand them. Ian never rationalized away God with science. Since science can't say anything at all about God, it neither can nor can't rationalize God away.
    What happened to the Puppet Master? You are speaking of God, that's a new one

  9. #1219
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    50,024
    Thanks
    2743

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    And no external corroborations prove that. How did God communicate with those writers? We have no idea because God gave us nothing that confirms his presence on Earth when he apparently spoke to those writers.

    Like I wrote earlier, if someone wrote that X happened, then numerous years later someone else wrote that X happened, that would neither prove X happened nor that God told them to write it down. Those claims need external corroborations.
    Just start reading one of the Prophets like Jeremiah and see what he said centuries before something happened he spoke of. Only the Holy Spirit knows what is going to happen before it happens. This is how we know its from God

  10. #1220
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    48,002
    Thanks
    22527

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Actually my faith is in my heart, not my head. Faith does not come by scientific evidence, but by revelation.
    And that is why you cannot prove it true, or even that G-d exists. Proof requires the scientific method, and you cannot use that on religion.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 184
    Last Post: 10th March 2017, 02:51 PM
  2. Gov't to fire Christian for not viewing pro-LGBT video?
    By aboutenough in forum Current Events
    Replies: 972
    Last Post: 10th October 2016, 07:39 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 5th July 2016, 06:14 AM
  4. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 29th May 2015, 06:26 AM
  5. Replies: 138
    Last Post: 29th March 2013, 11:30 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed