Members banned from this thread: Dr Sampson Simpson, carpe diem, Michael J and Redwood


Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 431
Thanks Tree138Thanks

Thread: Nonreligious Scouts offered badge to protest Boy Scout bigotry

  1. #221
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    45,334
    Thanks
    21170

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You are entitled to be wrong 3 times. Christians believe in the same G-d, the same one that Abraham, Moses and David worshiped. No matter what you say will not change that truth.
    You are wrong, and are entitled to be as wrong as you want. Xians are wrong about the G-d of the Jews, the G-d of Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov, the G-d of Moshe and David. Your trinity is false. It is impossible for them to be the same G-d because Jews do not believe in a triune or trinitarian G-d. That fact will never change no matter how many times you repeat it ad nauseum. I know Judaism better than you, and the Jewish conception of G-d better than you. You are wrong, and will always be wrong. None of the people mentioned worshipped a three-fold entity.
    Last edited by Ian Jeffrey; 19th May 2017 at 11:50 AM.

  2. #222
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    48,522
    Thanks
    2672

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Jeffrey View Post
    You are wrong, and are entitled to be as wrong as you want. Xians are wrong about the G-d of the Jews, the G-d of Avraham, Yitzchak and Yaakov, the G-d of Moshe and David. Your trinity is false. It is impossible for them to be the same G-d because Jews do not believe in a triune or trinitarian G-d. That fact will never change no matter how many times you repeat it ad nauseum. I know Judaism better than you, and the Jewish conception of G-d better than you. You are wrong, and will always be wrong. None of the people mentioned worshipped a three-fold entity.
    Religion and God are not related, this is why I say its the same God, but two different religions that have different ideas about God. You are right, I am not a Jew, but I am a Person that loves God. I don't believe God chooses what religion to belong to, not does he choose to ignore people you disagree with. He is a God that loves all people

  3. #223
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    31,889
    Thanks
    17862

    From
    Toronto
    Once again, aboutenough, you would LOVE Russia.

    Putin's Youth Army is all about the Church



    Your kinda place, man lol
    Thanks from aboutenough

  4. #224
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    45,334
    Thanks
    21170

    From
    Vulcan
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Religion and G-d are not related.
    That is absurd.

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    ... this is why I say its the same G-d, but two different religions that have different ideas about G-d.
    That is not what you said, but it does not matter. Judaism and Xianity are talking about two different, and mutually exclusive, conceptions of G-d, and are theologically incompatible. They therefore cannot be the same thing.

  5. #225
    Veteran Member Czernobog's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    32,421
    Thanks
    15810

    From
    Phoenix, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    That's because I proved they have church services , while you said they don't. strike 3, you are out.
    No. You proved that a group of atheists are having meetings that happen to take place in a defunct church. That is a very different thing. There used to be a club in Chicago called the Limelight that was also in a defunct church. Since people were meeting in a defunct church, did that make that nightclub a religious organisation, too?
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  6. #226
    NWO Toilet Cleaner Blues63's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,149
    Thanks
    2661

    From
    An NWO Toilet
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    its the same thing, both do not believe in God

    No, that is a gross over-simplification and dense to boot considering I showed you the difference. Why do you ignore the evidence in a puerile fashion? Why do you think being obdurate and dishonest are worthy debating techniques?

    Really, guy, it's about time you grew up.

  7. #227
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,210
    Thanks
    4439

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You are to arrogant to even have a conversation with. Raise a few kids and I will get back to you one day
    Because of your awful parenting, your kids abused alcohol.

  8. #228
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,210
    Thanks
    4439

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    I just proved they have church services. Can't you accept that fact instead of calling me names
    And the article proves they have religion-free church services. You think a religion would have religion-free church services? The atheists do this in a defunct church, as Czernobog wisely pointed out. You don't understand what the words, offer and force mean. Now you're so verbally retarded that you don't know what a simple hyphenated adjective is.

    You complain that I insult you. In critical analysis, the first step is to question the assumptions. You assume you are entitled to respect, yet what entitles you to anything of the sort?
    Last edited by Michael J; 19th May 2017 at 11:44 PM.

  9. #229
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,210
    Thanks
    4439

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Joe Kennedy A faithful coach wants his job back | Fox News The FFRF caused Joe to lose his job for praying after the football games. That is an act of hatred towards Joe
    Joe Kennedy intentionally violated the Establishment Clause by participating in religious activities with students while on the job and while on school grounds. This action was banned by the U. S. Supreme Court in Engel vs. Vital. Joe Kennedy did this out in the open in front of everybody.

    The FFRF saw him do this (like I said, he did it in front of everybody), and they complained to the school. They asked him to stop, but they did not ask the school's administration to fire him. Yet the school decided to fire him, anyway.

    If anyone hates Joe Kennedy, that is his own damn fault. He shouldn't have brought religious indoctrination into a government institution.
    Last edited by Michael J; 19th May 2017 at 11:45 PM.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  10. #230
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,210
    Thanks
    4439

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    There purpose is to find something wrong. They have never done anything positive to help people. They harm people
    It helps communities immensely when religion is kept out of government. I know you want Christians to use government to persecute people with (read your threads), but that is not allowed in a democracy.

Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How Should the Nonreligious Feel About Hillary Clinton?
    By Winston Parker in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31st August 2015, 09:13 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 13th June 2013, 07:59 PM
  3. Come On Now.....Which One Is The Classier Badge?
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25th March 2011, 04:33 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed