Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62
Thanks Tree53Thanks

Thread: ‘Brutal Attack’ on Anti-Erdogan Demonstrators Injures 9, Police Say.

  1. #1
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,017
    Thanks
    33761

    From
    becoming more and more

    ‘Brutal Attack’ on Anti-Erdogan Demonstrators Injures 9, Police Say.

    WASHINGTON — Supporters of President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, including his government security forces, violently charged a group of protesters outside the Turkish ambassador’s residence here on Tuesday night in what the Metropolitan Police chief characterized as “a brutal attack.”

    Eleven people were injured, including a police officer, and nine were taken to a hospital, the police chief, Peter Newsham, said at a news conference on Wednesday.

    The State Department condemned the attack as an assault on free speech and warned Turkey that the action would not be tolerated. “We are communicating our concern to the Turkish government in the strongest possible terms,” Heather Nauert, a State Department spokeswoman, said in a statement on Wednesday.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/17/u...rotest-dc.html

    yeah, I would hope that the State Department was communicating that this will not be tolerated. The question is what are they going to do about? There might be constraints because of diplomatic immunity. But, I say kick their butts out of this country. Sooner rather than later. That is , of course, unless it might effect our presidents financial interest.

  2. #2
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,017
    Thanks
    33761

    From
    becoming more and more


    unbelievable.

  3. #3
    Fuck Trump The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,908
    Thanks
    17198

    From
    Toronto
    It's interesting that, after the Su-24 incident, when pissed off Russians attacked the Turkish embassy in Moscow and smashed up their windows

    the Turks hid inside and none were brave enough to come out and confront the Russians lol

    Bastards knew that ain't the West and those Russians were already of a mind to cut their fucking throats (another Turkish guy actually WAS swarmed and killed that night elsewhere in the country, and a Turkish owned brewery ransacked and pogromed... Among other things...) And local cops would not even raise a hand to save them either

    But, in America, they do whatever they want, the Turks. Erdogan's bodyguards beat people up last time he was in the US too: US: Erdogan's Bodyguards Attack Journalists, Protesters in DC | News | teleSUR English

    Give me a PKM and drop me off over there... I'd gladly cut down a few Turks. Avenge my ancestors.
    Thanks from Madeline

  4. #4
    Established Member
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,422
    Thanks
    5261

    From
    Chicago
    Let them rot in a US jail. Don 't send them home.
    Thanks from Madeline

  5. #5
    Fuck Trump The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,908
    Thanks
    17198

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    Let them rot in a US jail. Don 't send them home.
    I'd nail them to crosses, just like they did to some Armenians back in the day... But, sure, lets go with your modern solution.

  6. #6
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,017
    Thanks
    33761

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    It's interesting that, after the Su-24 incident, when pissed off Russians attacked the Turkish embassy in Moscow and smashed up their windows

    the Turks hid inside and none were brave enough to come out and confront the Russians lol

    Bastards knew that ain't the West and those Russians were already of a mind to cut their fucking throats (another Turkish guy actually WAS swarmed and killed that night elsewhere in the country, and a Turkish owned brewery ransacked and pogromed... Among other things...) And local cops would not even raise a hand to save them either

    But, in America, they do whatever they want, the Turks. Erdogan's bodyguards beat people up last time he was in the US too: US: Erdogan's Bodyguards Attack Journalists, Protesters in DC | News | teleSUR English

    Give me a PKM and drop me off over there... I'd gladly cut down a few Turks. Avenge my ancestors.
    grrrrr.
    Thanks from The Man

  7. #7
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,017
    Thanks
    33761

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    Let them rot in a US jail. Don 't send them home.
    I'd think they would have diplomatic immunity.
    Thanks from labrea and Madeline

  8. #8
    Fuck Trump The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,908
    Thanks
    17198

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    I'd think they would have diplomatic immunity.
    Do what Putin would: put Polonium (or some other nasty shit) in the embassy's water supply
    Thanks from Madeline

  9. #9
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    69,017
    Thanks
    33761

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Do what Putin would: put Polonium (or some other nasty shit) in the embassy's water supply
    that wouldn't be my first choice. I'd start with having people trained in self-defense at the protests. As far as the previous assaults people need to be making more noise. Find someone , like an Al Sharpton type, to make sure they aren't ignored.
    Thanks from The Man

  10. #10
    Veteran Member Dr.Knuckles's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    96,766
    Thanks
    3053

    From
    Vancouver
    I don't know. I'm starting to feel like you just can't trust brutal despots who suspend the constitution, seize control of government and courts, imprison torture and kill opposition, clamp down on dissent, murder or destroy journalists and judges, and declare themselves uniquely, solely responsible for running the country.


    Call me paranoid.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th April 2017, 08:42 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd May 2015, 05:15 PM
  3. Israeli forces attack Palestinian demonstrators
    By Mineva in forum Asia & Middle East
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18th October 2014, 07:04 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 28th September 2012, 11:38 AM
  5. Cops Attack Anti-war Demonstrators in Rochester, New York
    By michaelr in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 9th October 2009, 12:22 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed