Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 102
Thanks Tree79Thanks

Thread: Roger Ailes dead at 77

  1. #91
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78,456
    Thanks
    19893

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Not at the time it was MOST NEEDED.

    This didn't even happen until 1989 -

    June 16: Based on recommendations from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the U.S. Public Health Service issues the first guidelines for preventing Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia, an AIDS-related opportunistic infection, and a major cause of illness and death for people living with AIDS.

    https://www.aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics...aids-timeline/


    Reagan had little to zero concern about the gay community in this country.
    What was most needed was to close the bathhouses in San Francisco. That was ground zero for transmission of the disease and it spread exponentially from there. There was a pretty deep schism in the gay community over that with people like Randy Shilts in favor. He got called a Nazi for it. But the radicals won out and the bathhouses remained open years longer than they should have. A lot of young men died as a result.
    But more than quadrupling government funding in the first year and then substantially increasing funding afterwards is a pretty good government response.
    Thanks from pragmatic

  2. #92
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    17,267
    Thanks
    13369

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicnam View Post
    Sad you would say such a thing, his son is only 17.
    Tough shit! His father was SLIME!!

  3. #93
    Moderator Nicnam's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,811
    Thanks
    3047

    From
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    tough shit! His father was slime!!
    smh

  4. #94
    Member
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,318
    Thanks
    2489

    From
    Ohio
    Newspaper obits around the country are pointing out that Ailes was brought down
    by sexual harassment allegations.

    No fake news there.

  5. #95
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    5387

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    No you haven't. You spout bullshit like "I've lived it" in place of actual facts and expect me to concede to that.
    In the past I have argued this with you in detail, with links. I'M NOT DOING IT AGAIN. It's clearly a waste of time. It was the last time, it would be to do so again. Deny it all you want. So you know what you can do- kindly **** off. I have no desire to waste anymore time on people like you.

    Oh, and Jerry Falwell did indeed dance on our graves. But that was a nice diversion you created.

  6. #96
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78,456
    Thanks
    19893

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    In the past I have argued this with you in detail, with links. I'M NOT DOING IT AGAIN. It's clearly a waste of time. It was the last time, it would be to do so again. Deny it all you want. So you know what you can do- kindly **** off. I have no desire to waste anymore time on people like you.

    Oh, and Jerry Falwell did indeed dance on our graves. But that was a nice diversion you created.
    You didn't argue anything in detail in the first place. When have you ever actually shared data?
    Jerry Falwell sucked. I don't know why you're so proud of sinking to that level.

  7. #97
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,310
    Thanks
    1107

    Ailes...good riddance. I hope he choked on it. I loathe human vultures that feed on ignorance and fear. We find ourselves slipping into those easily enough that we need to be vigilant about helping each other out, not encouraging more and more of it.

  8. #98
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    5387

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    Ailes...good riddance. I hope he choked on it. I loathe human vultures that feed on ignorance and fear. We find ourselves slipping into those easily enough that we need to be vigilant about helping each other out, not encouraging more and more of it.
    Amen, brother.

  9. #99
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    5387

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    You didn't argue anything in detail in the first place. When have you ever actually shared data?
    Jerry Falwell sucked. I don't know why you're so proud of sinking to that level.
    Yes I did, mac- in other threads, not this one. I will not repeat myself over and over to entertain people like you. Go yank on someone else's chain.

  10. #100
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78,456
    Thanks
    19893

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    Yes I did, mac- in other threads, not this one. I will not repeat myself over and over to entertain people like you. Go yank on someone else's chain.
    Possibly you have me confused with someone else.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 29th May 2014, 07:01 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 4th April 2013, 04:37 PM
  3. Roger Ailes confesses
    By zitiboy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th October 2011, 01:53 AM
  4. Fox News Chief Roger Ailes Thinks Sarah Palin Is 'Stupid'
    By TheHighForester in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 28th May 2011, 09:33 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed