Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 102
Thanks Tree79Thanks

Thread: Roger Ailes dead at 77

  1. #61
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34,464
    Thanks
    27134

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    That explains federal funding for AIDS doubling every year of the Reagan Administration.


    As America remembers the life of Ronald Reagan, it must never forget his shameful abdication of leadership in the fight against AIDS. History may ultimately judge his presidency by the thousands who have and will die of AIDS.
    Following discovery of the first cases in 1981, it soon became clear a national health crisis was developing. But President Reagan's response was "halting and ineffective," according to his biographer Lou Cannon. Those infected initially with this mysterious disease -- all gay men -- found themselves targeted with an unprecedented level of mean-spirited hostility.

    A significant source of Reagan's support came from the newly identified religious right and the Moral Majority, a political-action group founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell. AIDS became the tool, and gay men the target, for the politics of fear, hate and discrimination. Falwell said "AIDS is the wrath of God upon homosexuals." Reagan's communications director Pat Buchanan argued that AIDS is "nature's revenge on gay men."

    Reagan's AIDS Legacy / Silence equals death - SFGate
    Thanks from CEngelbrecht

  2. #62
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    5387

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    That explains federal funding for AIDS doubling every year of the Reagan Administration.

    You try this every time, and I'm sick of your shit. Money is not the only thing that is necessary during a pandemic such AIDS. I will not go through this again with you, since you clearly have no desire to learn about what went on. You keep trying to minimize what happened, and that's just plain disgusting.
    Last edited by leekohler2; 18th May 2017 at 03:04 PM.

  3. #63
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    5387

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Congratulations on sinking to that level.
    I stand by what I said. I do not cry when monsters die.

  4. #64
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78,515
    Thanks
    19925

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    As America remembers the life of Ronald Reagan, it must never forget his shameful abdication of leadership in the fight against AIDS. History may ultimately judge his presidency by the thousands who have and will die of AIDS.
    Following discovery of the first cases in 1981, it soon became clear a national health crisis was developing. But President Reagan's response was "halting and ineffective," according to his biographer Lou Cannon. Those infected initially with this mysterious disease -- all gay men -- found themselves targeted with an unprecedented level of mean-spirited hostility.

    A significant source of Reagan's support came from the newly identified religious right and the Moral Majority, a political-action group founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell. AIDS became the tool, and gay men the target, for the politics of fear, hate and discrimination. Falwell said "AIDS is the wrath of God upon homosexuals." Reagan's communications director Pat Buchanan argued that AIDS is "nature's revenge on gay men."

    Reagan's AIDS Legacy / Silence equals death - SFGate
    Right. And annual increase of 128% in funding is ineffective.

  5. #65
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78,515
    Thanks
    19925

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    You try this every time, and I'm sick of your shit. Money is not the only thing that is necessary during a pandemic such AIDS. I will not go through this again with you, since you clearly have no desire to learn about what went on. You keep trying to minimize what happened, and that's just plain disgusting.
    I guess you should be sick of facts when they get in the way of your argument. Funding is absolutely the most important thing the government can do for a public health issue.
    You just secure yourself in your little cocoon of ignorance where feelings are more important than facts.

  6. #66
    Senior Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    11,388
    Thanks
    9212

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    comments in this thread by the left show how cold and disjointed they really are.

    absolutely sick.

    the man revolutionized cable news.
    He was a womanizer who will be missed like a case of the clap!
    Thanks from leekohler2 and EnigmaO01

  7. #67
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    6,595
    Thanks
    5387

    From
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    I guess you should be sick of facts when they get in the way of your argument. Funding is absolutely the most important thing the government can do for a public health issue.
    You just secure yourself in your little cocoon of ignorance where feelings are more important than facts.
    The facts are on my side, Mac. Like I said, I've been through this with you before, and since you learned nothing the first time, I see no reason to do so again. I lived through that shit, so seeing people pull the kind of crap you've been pulling is again, disgusting. One of these days, when you're capable of actually looking at this issue, let us know. Until then, I have no interest in educating you repeatedly just to be ignored.

  8. #68
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    34,464
    Thanks
    27134

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Right. And annual increase of 128% in funding is ineffective.
    Look at your graph. Most of the funding didn't come at the beginning of the AIDS crisis when it would of been most effective.

    And for sure that had to do with the "Moral Majority"

  9. #69
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78,515
    Thanks
    19925

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by leekohler2 View Post
    The facts are on my side, Mac. Like I said, I've been through this with you before, and since you learned nothing the first time, I see no reason to do so again. I lived through that shit, so seeing people pull the kind of crap you've been pulling is again, disgusting. One of these days, when you're capable of actually looking at this issue, let us know. Until then, I have no interest in educating you repeatedly just to be ignored.
    Lol, educating me. Your argument is "I lived through it so I'm right".

  10. #70
    You just made the list! Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    78,515
    Thanks
    19925

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Look at your graph. Most of the funding didn't come at the beginning of the AIDS crisis when it would of been most effective.

    And for sure that had to do with the "Moral Majority"
    You mean like when the funding more than quadrupled?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 83
    Last Post: 29th May 2014, 07:01 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 4th April 2013, 04:37 PM
  3. Roger Ailes confesses
    By zitiboy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th October 2011, 01:53 AM
  4. Fox News Chief Roger Ailes Thinks Sarah Palin Is 'Stupid'
    By TheHighForester in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 28th May 2011, 09:33 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed