Members banned from this thread: CEngelbrecht


Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 287
Thanks Tree97Thanks

Thread: U.S. tells North Korea it is prepared to go to war

  1. #61
    THE PUNDIT
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    9,382
    Thanks
    5528

    From
    In Your Heart!
    This matter is very ill thought out by Trump. He cannot simply resort to violence against a powerful nation like N. Korea. I haven't heard that he has even tried diplomatic talks with Jong-Un yet. Absent that, he should not be making plans that could in turn have devastating consequences for this country!

  2. #62
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    This matter is very ill thought out by Trump. He cannot simply resort to violence against a powerful nation like N. Korea. I haven't heard that he has even tried diplomatic talks with Jong-Un yet. Absent that, he should not be making plans that could in turn have devastating consequences for this country!
    What kind of diplomatic talks do you suggest? Are you saying that we should ask him nicely not to mate one of his new ICBM to a nuclear payload which he wants to deliver to our country? Or are you suggesting that we kowtow to him and shower him with gifts?

  3. #63
    THE PUNDIT
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    9,382
    Thanks
    5528

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    What kind of diplomatic talks do you suggest? Are you saying that we should ask him nicely not to mate one of his new ICBM to a nuclear payload which he wants to deliver to our country? Or are you suggesting that we kowtow to him and shower him with gifts?
    Neither. I am saying that Trump should be setting up an immediate meeting with Dennis Rodman first, to discuss strategy and how to proceed with N. Korea. Rodman is Jong-Un's good friend and could possibly be the missing part of the puzzle that could instead open up better channels to work out differences diplomatically between our two countries. It's sure worth a try, imho, since Rodman lives here in the U.S. and it therefore behooves him to speak to his friend to try to change his mind.

  4. #64
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    Neither. I am saying that Trump should be setting up an immediate meeting with Dennis Rodman first, to discuss strategy and how to proceed with N. Korea. Rodman is Jong-Un's good friend and could possibly be the missing part of the puzzle that could instead open up better channels to work out differences diplomatically between our two countries. It's sure worth a try, imho, since Rodman lives here in the U.S. and it therefore behooves him to speak to his friend to try to change his mind.
    What terms should we, the USA be willing to accept from North Korea? What should we have to give in these negotiations?

  5. #65
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    36,041
    Thanks
    28670

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    What terms should we, the USA be willing to accept from North Korea? What should we have to give in these negotiations?
    I guess that would depend on how valuable you think American lives are.

    As as an absolute last resort, we can alway bomb the shit out of them.

  6. #66
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    36,041
    Thanks
    28670

    From
    On a hill
    Quote Originally Posted by CEngelbrecht View Post
    Then China and Russia is gonna take up arms, too, 'cause they sure as hell don't want a pro-West united Korea. That's the only reason Kim is shaking his dick.

    Before bush stepped in with his axis of evil speech, there was some talk about reunification. (Not something we wanted either.)

  7. #67
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    38,349
    Thanks
    7835

    From
    Shady Dale, Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    I guess that would depend on how valuable you think American lives are.

    As as an absolute last resort, we can alway bomb the shit out of them.
    Let me be sure I’ve got this right. You think we should pay North Korea not to nuke us? Who do we pay next?

  8. #68
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,415
    Thanks
    3464

    From
    EU. Hang Vlad Tepes from the Kremlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by labrea View Post
    Before bush stepped in with his axis of evil speech, there was some talk about reunification. (Not something we wanted either.)
    Why not a reunification of Korea?

  9. #69
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    6,415
    Thanks
    3464

    From
    EU. Hang Vlad Tepes from the Kremlin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Let me be sure I’ve got this right. You think we should pay North Korea not to nuke us? Who do we pay next?
    The Viking solution. I like it.

  10. #70
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    11,711
    Thanks
    7182

    From
    Between everywhere
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    Neither. I am saying that Trump should be setting up an immediate meeting with Dennis Rodman first, to discuss strategy and how to proceed with N. Korea. Rodman is Jong-Un's good friend and could possibly be the missing part of the puzzle that could instead open up better channels to work out differences diplomatically between our two countries. It's sure worth a try, imho, since Rodman lives here in the U.S. and it therefore behooves him to speak to his friend to try to change his mind.
    I have a hard time thinking Rodman could help in any way whatsoever. The guy is about as crazy as Trump and Lil Kimmy.
    Thanks from CEngelbrecht and BigLeRoy

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th May 2017, 07:34 AM
  2. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 5th May 2017, 08:37 PM
  3. "We're not North Korea. We're WORSE than North Korea!"
    By The Man in forum World Politics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 30th March 2017, 10:44 PM
  4. North Carolina? More like North Korea
    By Davocrat in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11th April 2016, 05:08 PM
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11th April 2013, 12:06 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed