Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 141
Thanks Tree59Thanks

Thread: One Child, One Year, $21 Million in Health Care

  1. #1
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,504
    Thanks
    1165

    From
    Banned

    One Child, One Year, $21 Million in Health Care

    1/3 of all Californians are on Medicaid. This is unsustainable.

    One child, a $21-million medical bill: How a tiny number of patients poses a huge challenge for Medi-Cal - LA Times

    One child, a $21-million medical bill: How a tiny number of patients poses a huge challenge for Medi-Cal

    Kent declined to provide additional details. But she said that in recent years, Medi-Cal has had at least one patient whose annual medical expenses have reached between $15 million and $21 million. Medi-Cal, which is jointly funded by the federal and state governments, provides health coverage to 13.5 million Californians, or a third of state residents. State data show that the most expensive 1% of patients in Medi-Cal account for 23% of the programís spending. Ten percent of patients create 63% of total costs.

  2. #2
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,763
    Thanks
    36002

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Let them fucking die, the American Way! We just need better Death Panels....
    Thanks from Dangermouse and BlueDozer

  3. #3
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,626
    Thanks
    9226

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    Let them fucking die, the American Way! We just need better Death Panels....
    Nobody is saying that.

    What they are saying is that the democrats plan is unsustainable.

    Maybe you should get off the blame train for a second and try to come up with something that actually fixes the fucking problem.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Devil505's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    58,368
    Thanks
    16682

    From
    Mass and Florida
    Like every other industrialized country on earth, HC should be paid for via federal taxes......period.

  5. #5
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,763
    Thanks
    36002

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Nobody is saying that.

    What they are saying is that the democrats plan is unsustainable.

    Maybe you should get off the blame train for a second and try to come up with something that actually fixes the fucking problem.
    We pay for treatment or we don't pay for treatment and she dies, what is your "third way alternative"?
    Thanks from KnotaFrayed

  6. #6
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,763
    Thanks
    36002

    From
    Nashville, TN
    We just had a thread on the British system where right wingers were having conniption fits over not keeping a brain dead infant alive even after a year of treatment....

  7. #7
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    49,626
    Thanks
    9226

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    We pay for treatment or we don't pay for treatment and she dies, what is your "third way alternative"?
    What is yours?

    Or do you just want to keep running up the debt until the state goes bankrupt?

  8. #8
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    6,504
    Thanks
    1165

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGaffer View Post
    We just had a thread on the British system where right wingers were having conniption fits over not keeping a brain dead infant alive even after a year of treatment....
    There are cost caps in the British system, it isn't unlimited health care.

  9. #9
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,763
    Thanks
    36002

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    What is yours?

    Or do you just want to keep running up the debt until the state goes bankrupt?
    My solution is Medicare for all. Have a UHC system like every other industrialized nation on earth. Now, what is yours?
    Thanks from Devil505 and Dragonfly5

  10. #10
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    33,763
    Thanks
    36002

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    There are cost caps in the British system, it isn't unlimited health care.
    So, let them die sooner is your solution? Or don't treat the poor at all and let them die in the streets?
    Thanks from KnotaFrayed

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Obama: 8 Million Signed up for Health Care
    By Devil505 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 171
    Last Post: 26th April 2014, 12:53 PM
  2. Replies: 28
    Last Post: 26th November 2013, 02:08 PM
  3. 2 Million Eager For Health Care On Parents' Plans
    By katiegrrl0 in forum Healthcare
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2nd April 2010, 07:00 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19th March 2010, 10:43 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed