Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 341
Thanks Tree173Thanks

Thread: Trump achieves what few presidents have: Strong economy, low approval ratings

  1. #231
    Radical Centrist BigLeRoy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    25,506
    Thanks
    21153

    From
    Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    More democrat lies. Obama had a stagnant economy with no year with 3% GDP
    READ.....THIS.....VERY.....SLOWLY:

    The pattern of sluggish growth less than 3% began in 2005, NOT in 2009.
    Thanks from Michael J

  2. #232
    Senior Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,515
    Thanks
    4549

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    There is no good reason for his ratings to be low in a good economy
    In critical analysis, the first step is to question the assumptions. What makes you assume that it's Trump who deserves credit for a better economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    other then people hurt from losing to Trump
    This logical fallacy is called a False Dichotomy. How do you know there aren't any other good reasons to crap on Trump? He's a fascist and he's abusive to women.

    False dilemma - RationalWiki
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  3. #233
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,126
    Thanks
    1224

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    Just FYI: The American stock market more than TRIPLED while Mr. Obama was President, not just more than 'doubled'. The Dow Jones closed at 6,547 on March 9, 2009, just weeks into Obama's first term, which was a multi-decade low for the Dow Jones; and it closed at nearly 20,000 before Obama left office. The S&P 500 went up by an even larger percentage from the same date.
    Just a factoid, the Dow was at 14,000 in 2007, a decade and eight years of Obama later it was at 20,000.

  4. #234
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,126
    Thanks
    1224

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    In critical analysis, the first step is to question the assumptions. What makes you assume that it's Trump who deserves credit for a better economy?



    This logical fallacy is called a False Dichotomy. How do you know there aren't any other good reasons to crap on Trump? He's a fascist and he's abusive to women.

    False dilemma - RationalWiki
    Consumer and employer confidence skyrocketed immediately after Trump's election in November, higher than at any point in Obama's tenure.

    You don't think that has anything to do with the 40% increase in job creation and 20% increase in economic growth over last year?

  5. #235
    Southern Strategy Liberal OldGaffer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    35,018
    Thanks
    37092

    From
    Nashville, TN
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Just a factoid, the Dow was at 14,000 in 2007, a decade and eight years of Obama later it was at 20,000.
    How disingenuous can you get? 2007, really? What was it a few weeks after Obama was elected, during the worst recession since the Great Depression? How soon the right wing mind forgets.....or attempts to deceive...
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

  6. #236
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,126
    Thanks
    1224

    From
    Banned
    The recession ended on it's own five months after Obama took office.

    Had Obama not stood in the way of recovery, he could have had one of best economic records in history as his legacy instead of the worst economic record in modern history.

  7. #237
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    12,045
    Thanks
    8554

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You are making it sound like a blow out on Obamacare. If the traitor McCain had voted to repeal Obamacare, we would be looking at having a debate of a new law. Point is unemployment and the stock market are doing very well, the economy is booming. No reason for a President to have a low rating other then whats being manufactured by the left. The democrats don't want to work with Trump because they are mad they aren't in power.
    The economy is booming for those at the top and corporations. Wages are still stagnant. Hell, we have Trumpsters that still aren't over the fact that they lost the Civil War. This President has the majority of both houses and still hasn't passed any major legislation. Don't blame Democrats.

    Obamacare is more popular than Trump. Two-thirds of Americans want to keep it and/or improve on it.
    Thanks from Isalexi, BigLeRoy and Michael J

  8. #238
    Veteran Member ptif219's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    58,806
    Thanks
    3856

    Quote Originally Posted by BigLeRoy View Post
    READ.....THIS.....VERY.....SLOWLY:

    The pattern of sluggish growth less than 3% began in 2005, NOT in 2009.
    You ignore the reality that Obama policies kept the economy stagnant

  9. #239
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,224
    Thanks
    20104

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    More democrat lies. Obama had a stagnant economy with no year with 3% GDP
    Let me ask you a question. Was the economy recovered or not? You can say it was a slow recovery but if it hadn't been recovered we would probably be in a depression today

  10. #240
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,224
    Thanks
    20104

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    The recession ended on it's own five months after Obama took office.

    Had Obama not stood in the way of recovery, he could have had one of best economic records in history as his legacy instead of the worst economic record in modern history.
    It ended in its own? Do you really think it would have recovered without the stimulus Etc? How could he have had one of the best economic records in history when he inherited an economy that was spiraling down into a depression with 700,000 jobs being lost each month. And when you say he had the worst economic record in modern history it just shows why he loves the uneducated. Unbelievable
    Thanks from BigLeRoy

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 24th March 2017, 01:28 PM
  2. TRUMP approval ratings 'tanked' last week...
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th March 2017, 03:08 AM
  3. Trump's Approval Ratings Just Keep Sinking
    By HayJenn in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12th February 2017, 04:18 PM
  4. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 15th December 2016, 05:24 AM
  5. A look at U.S. presidents' job-approval ratings
    By TenGig in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20th January 2009, 07:47 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed