Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 341
Thanks Tree173Thanks

Thread: Trump achieves what few presidents have: Strong economy, low approval ratings

  1. #41
    You'll see what I can do Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,126
    Thanks
    13952

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You are making it sound like a blow out on Obamacare. If the traitor McCain had voted to repeal Obamacare, we would be looking at having a debate of a new law. Point is unemployment and the stock market are doing very well, the economy is booming. No reason for a President to have a low rating other then whats being manufactured by the left. The democrats don't want to work with Trump because they are mad they aren't in power.
    Yeah, well, most people know that the economy was doing fine before Trump, and it's still doing fine today. He's done nothing but embarrass himself, piss off our allies, embolden our adversaries, and even if he is criminally innocent, he has wrecked his reputation in his clumsy way of asserting it. None of that needs to be "manufactured." People can see it all right in front of their faces.
    Thanks from Friday13, TennesseeRain and BigLeRoy

  2. #42
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49,267
    Thanks
    2700

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteGuy View Post
    Are you really this foolish, or do you just play a fool on the internet?

    Repeat after me: The Dow Jones Industrial Average, whether up or down, does NOT equal the nation's economy.

    The economy encompasses all sorts of things - stocks yes - but also things like the unemployment rate (already low under Obama), employee wages, single family home prices, durable goods production, exports vs imports, etc., etc., etc.

    And the fact is, Trump's economy is no better, and no worse than Obama's economy in the last year or year and a half of his tenure.

    As for your other moronic statement, the "left" have no need to manufacture bullshit about Trump. He does that extremely well on his own, with no help required from the Democrats. As proof, even the Republicans are either slowly backing away from Trump's antics, or they are outright ignoring him.

    In other words, it's not just the left that's repudiating Trump, it's everyone, with the exception of his small (and growing smaller) die-hard supporters. You know, the idiots, morons and fools in the country.
    Now you are talking politics rather then economics. You are trying to tell me companies showing good profits is not a reflection of a good economy. You are either lying thru your teeth or not all that intelligent as an investor. I know it was painful for Hillary to lose, but it doesn't mean you have to manipulate the facts to prove your point. I'm smart enough to know when unemployment is way down and the market is way up and the GDP is growing we have a healthy economy.

  3. #43
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49,267
    Thanks
    2700

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
    Trump's approval rating is lagging because he has Twitter diarrhea. (Which is a symbol of other discipline problems that he has which are making even many of his supporters roll their eyes.)

    If he would shut up for a couple of weeks, he would likely gain 10 points.
    He uses Twitter because Fake News doesn't report the facts. Trump also doesn't care about how popular he is, as much as doing the right thing for the country. Eventually most Americans will recognize that and the few doomsdayers will flutter away

  4. #44
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49,267
    Thanks
    2700

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by georgephillip View Post
    When you argue Trump deserves credit for a booming stock market, isn't it necessary to explain who's buying all the stock and why they are making those purchases?

    If the following is accurate, it would seem Trump's booming stock market is primarily making rich people, like himself, even richer at the expense of the productive economy?

    Trump is Turning Against the White Working Class that Elected Him

    " The question is, who is buying these stocks?

    "It's not individuals.

    "It's not even pension funds.

    "It's not the private sector.

    "Almost all the stock purchases are bought back by corporations in share buybacks.

    "In other words, companies are buying back their own stocks in order to push up the price because that's how executives are paid. They're not paid by increasing output or even increasing profits. They're paid by how much they can push up the stock price, and there are two ways of doing this easily. One is to use earnings simply for share buybacks, buy your own stock and push it up, or you simply pay out the earnings in dividends."
    You have any proof of your claims?

  5. #45
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49,267
    Thanks
    2700

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    For now. But keep an eye on it. When the euphoria wears off, it could be bad.
    Democrats (at least smart one's) don't mind making money off a booming economy

  6. #46
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,284
    Thanks
    20145

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by webrockk View Post
    Trumps low approval ratings are largely a creation of the same bobbleheads who tried to push-poll Hillary into a landslide victory, which backfired.. spectacularly... and their corrupt media's pre-planned and orchestrated non-stop attacks. Which also backfired. spectacularly.

    The problem, as webby sees it, is leftists don't understand the country or the people they aspire to l̶e̶a̶d̶ rule, so they invent and push narratives as if they're fact.
    Only the uneducated would see trumps victory as "landslide" knowing he lost the popular vote and more people wanted Hillary than wanted him for president
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #47
    told you so Amelia's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    42,912
    Thanks
    24349

    From
    Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    He uses Twitter because Fake News doesn't report the facts. Trump also doesn't care about how popular he is, as much as doing the right thing for the country. Eventually most Americans will recognize that and the few doomsdayers will flutter away

    Rolling with laughter at the idea that Trump doesn't care how popular he is.

    He's still obsessing about the size of his inauguration crowd. Trump is desperate for adulation.


    He's dragging himself down with his obsessions.

  8. #48
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    49,267
    Thanks
    2700

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Yeah, well, most people know that the economy was doing fine before Trump, and it's still doing fine today. He's done nothing but embarrass himself, piss off our allies, embolden our adversaries, and even if he is criminally innocent, he has wrecked his reputation in his clumsy way of asserting it. None of that needs to be "manufactured." People can see it all right in front of their faces.
    If the economy continues to grow during his term, its going to be a hard case to replace Trump the next term. While people have plenty of work and their 401K's are growing you never hear anyone complaining.

  9. #49
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,284
    Thanks
    20145

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    He has done nothing to hurt it either. If the economy is doing good consistently it will be hard to make a case Trump has nothing to do with it. Since Obama blamed Bush for the economy he inherited and took credit for it improving, Trump can certainly take credit like Obama did.
    Obama blamed bush for an economy nosediving and losing 700,000 jobs a month. Who should he have blamed ? obama recovered the economy and the stock market soared and millions got jobs....that's fine let trump "blame "obama for that
    Thanks from Friday13

  10. #50
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    32,284
    Thanks
    20145

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Are you praising Trump for this great economy? If the answer is yes then I will praise Obama for his great economy. I think its more about politics with you and the rest of the Democrats. Russia is your parties Birther movement
    We know what obama did to bring the economy around..stimulus etc...he took risks. What has trump done other than let Obamas recovery continue? What has he done?
    Thanks from Friday13

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 24th March 2017, 01:28 PM
  2. TRUMP approval ratings 'tanked' last week...
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20th March 2017, 03:08 AM
  3. Trump's Approval Ratings Just Keep Sinking
    By HayJenn in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12th February 2017, 04:18 PM
  4. Replies: 97
    Last Post: 15th December 2016, 05:24 AM
  5. A look at U.S. presidents' job-approval ratings
    By TenGig in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 20th January 2009, 07:47 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed