Members banned from this thread: PACE


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
Thanks Tree19Thanks

Thread: Trump calls the governor of Guam, tells him he'll be famous

  1. #1
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    19,234
    Thanks
    16314

    From
    None of your business

    Trump calls the governor of Guam, tells him he'll be famous

    You are watching reality TV take over reality, which in itself, is pretty surreal right now.

    And of course, Trump's ratings went up 9 points; let's see how those ratings look after the investigation of Manafort's foreign holders, which were subpoenaed by Mueller.

    Trump speaks with Guam governor amid North Korea threat
    Thanks from the watchman and Friday13

  2. #2
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,063
    Thanks
    8280

    From
    Indiana
    I'm not sure what appalls me more: The idiocy of this president or the silence of those that should be outraged.

    It's bad enough the republican congress remains silent because they consider party before country in hopes he will enable their agenda, but how can anyone in good conscience defend this moron? It's like he has some kind of power over them or they have some kind of sickness.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 12th August 2017 at 04:16 AM.
    Thanks from BitterPill, Friday13 and Panzareta

  3. #3
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    19,234
    Thanks
    16314

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I'm not sure what appalls me more: The idiocy of this president or the silence of those should be outraged.

    It's bad enough the republican congress remains silent because they consider party before country in hopes he will enable their agenda, but how can anyone in good conscience defend this moron? It's like he has some kind of power over them or they have some kind of sickness.

    The GOP wants it's agenda, trump is the mannequin who was supposed to deliver it, he is now off the script, completely, the Joe Manchin angle is an interesting one; I personally don't think Manchin will take the job, but I've been wrong before.

    This call to the governor of Guam, where he cites, increase in tourism, is surreal at best, and reminiscent of Apocalypse Now, where the crazy army captain watches his troops "water ski" from helicopter, as Wagner plays in the playground.

    Yes, we are living in that movie, right now.

    It will come to a horrible end.
    Thanks from Devil505 and Friday13

  4. #4
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,063
    Thanks
    8280

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    The GOP wants it's agenda, trump is the mannequin who was supposed to deliver it, he is now off the script, completely, the Joe Manchin angle is an interesting one; I personally don't think Manchin will take the job, but I've been wrong before.

    This call to the governor of Guam, where he cites, increase in tourism, is surreal at best, and reminiscent of Apocalypse Now, where the crazy army captain watches his troops "water ski" from helicopter, as Wagner plays in the playground.

    Yes, we are living in that movie, right now.

    It will come to a horrible end.
    BTW I know where that water ski scene came from. My father who was a Green Beret related to me the other day that his group water skied in the Delta.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    19,234
    Thanks
    16314

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    BTW I know where that water ski scene came from. My father who was a Green Beret related to me the other day that his group water skied in the Delta.
    Yes, my two brothers died there, they didn't get to water ski.

  6. #6
    Veteran Member EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    16,063
    Thanks
    8280

    From
    Indiana
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    Yes, my two brothers died there, they didn't get to water ski.
    I'm very sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences. That war was such a waste of lives.

    My father lost a lot of fellow troops in Vietnam. He came close to not coming back more than once. At one location he was at, his remote camp was overrun not long after he was medevaced out for hepatitis. He would not have been medevaced out if not for Martha Ray a celebrity that visited the troops. She forced a visiting higher brass to stay so my dad could be medevaced. Don't know if the higher brass was there when the camp was overrun. Probably got out before that.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 12th August 2017 at 06:58 AM.

  7. #7
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    6,452
    Thanks
    4132

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    What hit me the most about the phone call was that it emphatically displayed what tRump thinks are the two most important things.

    First, that the governor is now/will become famous. Obviously that is everyone's main goal in life according to SFB.

    Next, a 95% occupancy and going up. They are looking at impending nuclear apocalypse but as long as the occupancy rate is high, all is well.

    What an ass.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  8. #8
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    19,658
    Thanks
    14776

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    Yes, my two brothers died there, they didn't get to water ski.
    Whoa. 2 is too many. Too much for any family.
    Thanks from Friday13 and EnigmaO01

  9. #9
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    19,658
    Thanks
    14776

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    You are watching reality TV take over reality, which in itself, is pretty surreal right now.

    And of course, Trump's ratings went up 9 points; let's see how those ratings look after the investigation of Manafort's foreign holders, which were subpoenaed by Mueller.

    Trump speaks with Guam governor amid North Korea threat
    You know just HOW LOW DID WE GO?
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  10. #10
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    51,734
    Thanks
    9482

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by RNG View Post
    What hit me the most about the phone call was that it emphatically displayed what tRump thinks are the two most important things.

    First, that the governor is now/will become famous. Obviously that is everyone's main goal in life according to SFB.

    Next, a 95% occupancy and going up. They are looking at impending nuclear apocalypse but as long as the occupancy rate is high, all is well.

    What an ass.
    Overreact much?

    I thought the libs were saying this whole thing is made up to take people's minds off the Russia thing but now its a nuclear apocalypse?

    Which is it, real or fake?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 68
    Last Post: 13th August 2017, 07:29 AM
  2. Tennessee Governor Calls On Trump To Resign.
    By MaryAnne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 9th October 2016, 02:44 PM
  3. Governor Haley Calls For The Confederate Flag
    By MaryAnne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 23rd June 2015, 08:10 PM
  4. Replies: 170
    Last Post: 2nd April 2015, 04:14 PM
  5. Nevada Governor Calls Federal Cattle Roundup ‘Intimidation’
    By Rev. Hellh0und in forum Current Events
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 16th April 2014, 11:00 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed