Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31
Thanks Tree25Thanks

Thread: Omarosa Manigault reportedly Causes Uproar at Black Journalists Convention.

  1. #11
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24,127
    Thanks
    15582

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    were the questions being asked of her actually reasonable or were they only meant to be inflammatory?
    What on Earth does that mean? She was asked about the president and his public statements, as well as her role in the White House. Scrutiny is not inflammatory. She is a public official who should have been well-prepared to answer such questions. That she was not speaks only to her own lack of self control and incompetence, which also makes the decision to invite her a good one.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer and Friday13

  2. #12
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24,127
    Thanks
    15582

    From
    Kansas
    I mean, seriously, she said, more than once in response to basic questions about Donald Trump's recent public statements, "I don't want to hear your question." She sounded SHOCKED that she would be confronted with basic scrutiny in this way. These people have no fucking clue.
    Thanks from Friday13

  3. #13
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,421
    Thanks
    87

    From
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    What on Earth does that mean? She was asked about the president and his public statements, as well as her role in the White House. Scrutiny is not inflammatory. She is a public official who should have been well-prepared to answer such questions. That she was not speaks only to her own lack of self control and incompetence, which also makes the decision to invite her a good one.
    inflammatory.

    asking questions about the president that accuse him of being something he is not or ones based on false a premise.

    is that better?

  4. #14
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24,127
    Thanks
    15582

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    inflammatory.

    asking questions about the president that accuse him of being something he is not or ones based on false a premise.

    is that better?
    No, it's word salad.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  5. #15
    Veteran Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,160
    Thanks
    7210

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    yes, why would she think she would get a fair shake at this convention?
    Whut? I bet you didnt read it, did you?

  6. #16
    Veteran Member sweettee's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    13,160
    Thanks
    7210

    From
    in the noggins of yip yappers
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    inflammatory.

    asking questions about the president that accuse him of being something he is not or ones based on false a premise.

    is that better?
    Seriously? Wtf? This was her reply about her involvement in things:

    "I sit at a table where I am not only the only African-American woman, but the only African-American at all," she said, pushing back at questions about how much she was doing for the community. “If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu."

    *****************************
    Bitching about her job/involvement. Wow.
    Thanks from the watchman

  7. #17
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,421
    Thanks
    87

    From
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    No, it's word salad.
    its to the point.

  8. #18
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24,127
    Thanks
    15582

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    its to the point.
    No, your last post was a grammatical mess and reflected no coherent thought, as anyone can see. Let me try to assist you: In what way is it inflammatory to demand information and perspective about the president's statements and policies from a White House communications aide?

    If you want to demonstrate a point, you have to meet this challenge. You can't just say "inflammatory!" and say you've made a point.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

  9. #19
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30,421
    Thanks
    87

    From
    Tennessee
    Quote Originally Posted by sweettee View Post
    Whut? I bet you didnt read it, did you?
    Quote Originally Posted by sweettee View Post
    Seriously? Wtf? This was her reply about her involvement in things:

    "I sit at a table where I am not only the only African-American woman, but the only African-American at all," she said, pushing back at questions about how much she was doing for the community. “If you’re not at the table, you’re on the menu."

    *****************************
    Bitching about her job/involvement. Wow.
    they were going to attack her for being a black women who's in trump's camp.

    her comment, metaphorically speaking.

  10. #20
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24,127
    Thanks
    15582

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by mtm1963 View Post
    they were going to attack her for being a black women who's in trump's camp.

    her comment, metaphorically speaking.
    She was not attacked personally, she was asked questions and criticized for refusing to answer.

    Anybody can go and read the coverage of the event to know what happened. Why lie about it?
    Thanks from NightSwimmer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 39
    Last Post: 10th March 2017, 07:21 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16th October 2016, 12:14 PM
  3. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 23rd September 2016, 02:47 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 29th August 2016, 09:37 AM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 3rd October 2011, 10:46 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed