Members banned from this thread: aboutenough


Page 93 of 135 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 930 of 1345
Thanks Tree328Thanks

Thread: Atheists go after Sen. Marco Rubio with guns blazing — this is why they’re dead wrong

  1. #921
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,805
    Thanks
    2801

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    If a whole bunch of Christians said 2+2=100, aboutenough would believe them.
    Ian says there is no proof of God and you agree with him. You both believe there is no God.

  2. #922
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,805
    Thanks
    2801

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    There is irrefutable proof that humans are related to monkeys. Humans and monkeys have a 99% DNA match, which is why humans can get organ transplants from monkeys and any other primate. Humans can also get kidney transplants from pigs and liver transplants from cows. That is all finite proof of common ancestry. You will see it.

    You don't even know the meaning of the word, theory. A theory is a body of knowledge that explains a set of facts. Electrical theory says you'll get a shock if you stick your finger in an electrical outlet. Test electrical theory by sticking your finger in one. The theory of gravity says your organs, broken bones and bodily fluids will be all over the ground if you jump out of a ten-story building. Test the theory of gravity by doing that.

    Next you're going to tell me "well, science can only reach tentative conclusions." Christianity is nowhere near as far as tentative conclusions. Christianity is just a top-down, faith-based Argument by Assertion. I have explained to you what an Argument by Assertion is numerous times now, and you probably still don't understand.

    You make the same False Dichotomy fallacies where you think only God or evolution must be true. If someone disproved Natural Selection, that wouldn't prove God's existence.

    You don't have a degree in Horticulture. You couldn't possibly if you don't even understand rudimentary, kindergarten science.
    Interesting, I can see the similarities here.

  3. #923
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,139
    Thanks
    2772

    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Ian says there is no proof of God and you agree with him. You both believe there is no God.
    That is a statement you cannot make unless you are a dummy, or are deliberately being argumentative and pretending to be stupider than you are.

    There is no proof of Santa Claus, and my children know this, and we agree. It's because he's magical. I do not believe in Santa Claus, but they do.

    I'm sorry, but if you're going to blatantly just announce stupid shit like 2+2=5, what do you expect?

  4. #924
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,247
    Thanks
    4771

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    You are stumbling off subject. My point is many people believe what happened to Christ is real and very few don’t.
    Blues63 is entirely on topic. You are making the same Appeal to Popularity fallacy where you think Christianity is right just because a lot of people think it is right. Blues63 is saying there are a whole lot of people in those other religions, too, and that doesn't make them correct, either.
    Last edited by Michael J; 12th October 2017 at 05:58 PM.

  5. #925
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,247
    Thanks
    4771

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Ian says there is no proof of God and you agree with him. You both believe there is no God.
    Ian is definitely a theist. He just acknowledges there is no evidence of God, and in point of fact there isn't. Just because there is no evidence of something doesn't mean you can't believe in it.

    You just keep making the same Non sequitur:

    Premise: Ian says there is no evidence of God.
    ------
    Conclusion: Ian doesn't believe in God.
    Last edited by Michael J; 12th October 2017 at 05:57 PM.
    Thanks from Ian Jeffrey

  6. #926
    Veteran Member Michael J's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    12,247
    Thanks
    4771

    From
    Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Interesting, I can see the similarities here.
    This is another Argumentum Ad Hominem fallacy.

    You don't have the analytical skills to participate in public discussion. Get off the forum or I'll report you

  7. #927
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,805
    Thanks
    2801

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    That is a statement you cannot make unless you are a dummy, or are deliberately being argumentative and pretending to be stupider than you are.

    There is no proof of Santa Claus, and my children know this, and we agree. It's because he's magical. I do not believe in Santa Claus, but they do.

    I'm sorry, but if you're going to blatantly just announce stupid shit like 2+2=5, what do you expect?
    I thought you were smart. Saint Nicolaus really existed , not you claim he never did. i can see the similarity of your thinking Christ never existed despite the proof he did.

  8. #928
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,805
    Thanks
    2801

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Blues63 is entirely on topic. You are making the same Appeal to Popularity fallacy where you think Christianity is right just because a lot of people think it is right. Blues63 is saying there are a whole lot of people in those other religions, too, and that doesn't make them correct, either.
    Those other religions are right to the people that believe. Your are fighting a losing battle trying to prove a religion is wrong. Many have tried disproving Christianity and never succeeded.

  9. #929
    Veteran Member aboutenough's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    51,805
    Thanks
    2801

    From
    Washington state
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael J View Post
    Ian is definitely a theist. He just acknowledges there is no evidence of God, and in point of fact there isn't. Just because there is no evidence of something doesn't mean you can't believe in it.

    You just keep making the same Non sequitur:

    Premise: Ian says there is no evidence of God.
    ------
    Conclusion: Ian doesn't believe in God.
    You realize how dumb its sounds to admit you believe in a God that can’t be proven to exist? I don’t know of one Christian that would say that, mainly because of their experience of Gods revelation to them. I guess I can understand a Jew saying that because they have slidden so far away from God since they rejected the Messiah 2000 years ago God sent. They are trying to live in the Old Covenant while God provided a New Covenant as spoken of in Jeremiah. They are going thru the motions but God isn’t recognizing their motions.

  10. #930
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    21,791
    Thanks
    19741

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by aboutenough View Post
    Ian says there is no proof of God and you agree with him. You both believe there is no God.
    There can be no proof of gods. We inhabit nature. They don't. It's impossible to prove a god exists. If it was, you wouldn't need faith.

Page 93 of 135 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Why is Marco Rubio So Poor
    By Friday13 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 16th November 2015, 10:42 PM
  2. The right way to take on Marco Rubio
    By RosieS in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 27th September 2015, 06:46 PM
  3. Marco Rubio - Being Gay Is Not A Choice
    By HayJenn in forum Current Events
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 20th April 2015, 11:15 AM
  4. Replies: 52
    Last Post: 13th April 2015, 05:57 PM
  5. Marco Rubio
    By yuri zhivago in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 24th January 2014, 08:12 AM

Search tags for this page

Click on a term to search for related topics.

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed