Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 64
Thanks Tree57Thanks

Thread: Florida live web cams

  1. #51
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,517
    Thanks
    6651

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    @PACE

    how ya holding up?

  2. #52
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,759
    Thanks
    18489

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    @PACE

    how ya holding up?
    @syrenn, Good, can't go home yet, there's no power, no water, no sewer, and no food on the island, the USS Lincoln is there, and FDOT has determined the bridges are safe, but I would think it will be a week before I can return; I think I might have damage; I have a 300 year old mahogany tree in the back yard, I removed all the shallow rooted trees when I bought the place, but the traveler palms have a tendency to come down in high winds, those I think probably damaged an upper deck.

    It's fine, it's only wood and glass, it can be replaced.

    I saw a video earlier of three key deer who swam up to someone's house boat and jumped on board; I'll see if I can find it again.
    Thanks from Tedminator

  3. #53
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,517
    Thanks
    6651

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    @syrenn, Good, can't go home yet, there's no power, no water, no sewer, and no food on the island, the USS Lincoln is there, and FDOT has determined the bridges are safe, but I would think it will be a week before I can return; I think I might have damage; I have a 300 year old mahogany tree in the back yard, I removed all the shallow rooted trees when I bought the place, but the traveler palms have a tendency to come down in high winds, those I think probably damaged an upper deck.

    It's fine, it's only wood and glass, it can be replaced.

    I saw a video earlier of three key deer who swam up to someone's house boat and jumped on board; I'll see if I can find it again.
    Good to know you are OK.

    Yeah...im a bit worried about what you are going to find when you finally do get back. The mold is gonna be nasty. I agree, its just wood and glass...but still traumatic and distressing. Keep up that good outlook and hang in there.....

    i hope that beautiful mahogany makes it!

  4. #54
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,759
    Thanks
    18489

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    Good to know you are OK.

    Yeah...im a bit worried about what you are going to find when you finally do get back. The mold is gonna be nasty. I agree, its just wood and glass...but still traumatic and distressing. Keep up that good outlook and hang in there.....

    i hope that beautiful mahogany makes it!
    HA! Mold is a way of life there!, I have my tricks!, there's no mold that withstand peroxide!, I can't stand those mold removers so I used a mixture my father used years ago, peroxide, lavender water, sprayed on, then followed by a good scrubbing with baking soda.

    black mold? I have it removed, I've gutted a lot of sheet rock in the house and replaced it because of this.

    Considering the house has ONLY been to my standards for 8 months? I can handle it, it will be another reno, and this time I travel while it's framed in; I could use some California right now!

  5. #55
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,517
    Thanks
    6651

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    HA! Mold is a way of life there!, I have my tricks!, there's no mold that withstand peroxide!, I can't stand those mold removers so I used a mixture my father used years ago, peroxide, lavender water, sprayed on, then followed by a good scrubbing with baking soda.

    black mold? I have it removed, I've gutted a lot of sheet rock in the house and replaced it because of this.

    Considering the house has ONLY been to my standards for 8 months? I can handle it, it will be another reno, and this time I travel while it's framed in; I could use some California right now!
    @PACE

    HA!!! lol.... nope it does not like peroxide at all!!! If you can get your hands on it.... look for (on line) accell peroxide. Its stronger then what you get in stores....and KILLS better. Still and all mold being part and parcel of FL... i do not envy you the clean up. Then again....i am just hoping you have something to clean up.

    Have they let you back in yet?
    Thanks from Tedminator

  6. #56
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,759
    Thanks
    18489

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    @PACE

    HA!!! lol.... nope it does not like peroxide at all!!! If you can get your hands on it.... look for (on line) accell peroxide. Its stronger then what you get in stores....and KILLS better. Still and all mold being part and parcel of FL... i do not envy you the clean up. Then again....i am just hoping you have something to clean up.

    Have they let you back in yet?
    @syrenn, accell, isn't that the type they use in hospitals? I'll look for it. no, not yet, Mayor Cates says 7-10 days before anyone will be let back on the island, the resorts are opening up October 1st, so I believe this. I think I will, that is, if it didn't flood badly. Thanks! I'll try that stuff! I've used peroxide before on standard mold and it works like a champ!

    GET THE GLOVES!!!! LOL!

  7. #57
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,517
    Thanks
    6651

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    @syrenn, accell, isn't that the type they use in hospitals? I'll look for it. no, not yet, Mayor Cates says 7-10 days before anyone will be let back on the island, the resorts are opening up October 1st, so I believe this. I think I will, that is, if it didn't flood badly. Thanks! I'll try that stuff! I've used peroxide before on standard mold and it works like a champ!

    GET THE GLOVES!!!! LOL!
    Yes, it is used in hospitals. We use it at the shelter to sanitize between kitten changes. There is a stronger one but you cant get it on your skin. Hook up with the red cross for disaster clean up supply kits.

    damn... i would be just jumping out of my skin having to wait to see what is left. Hang in there....im sorry you have to go through this. Im also glad you have a safe place to wait it out.

    lol.. get those gloves by the case!

  8. #58
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,759
    Thanks
    18489

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    Yes, it is used in hospitals. We use it at the shelter to sanitize between kitten changes. There is a stronger one but you cant get it on your skin. Hook up with the red cross for disaster clean up supply kits.

    damn... i would be just jumping out of my skin having to wait to see what is left. Hang in there....im sorry you have to go through this. Im also glad you have a safe place to wait it out.

    lol.. get those gloves by the case!
    Oh! so you can use it around pets??? that's good, I worried about the dogs, my landscaper, bless his heart used Round Up ONCE, on my property, and I almost skinned him alive for it! now I have him using tobacco juice and garlic solution, my dad was an organic gardener LONG before it was de riguer. And to keep the iguanas at bay, I sprinkle cayenne; they won't step on it, but it doesn't bother the dogs.

    Good to know! thanks for the tip @syrenn, and sorry I've been such a bioytch to you. You are okay.

    I'm okay with the waiting, but like you, I want to see what's left!

    Regards
    Pace

  9. #59
    Inside Your Heads syrenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    13,517
    Thanks
    6651

    From
    the sadness of my soul
    Quote Originally Posted by PACE View Post
    Oh! so you can use it around pets??? that's good, I worried about the dogs, my landscaper, bless his heart used Round Up ONCE, on my property, and I almost skinned him alive for it! now I have him using tobacco juice and garlic solution, my dad was an organic gardener LONG before it was de riguer. And to keep the iguanas at bay, I sprinkle cayenne; they won't step on it, but it doesn't bother the dogs.

    Good to know! thanks for the tip @syrenn, and sorry I've been such a bioytch to you. You are okay.

    I'm okay with the waiting, but like you, I want to see what's left!

    Regards
    Pace
    yes... its pet safe! woohoo. I would not let them lap it up.. but yeah, good to use around pets and humans. No fumes and safe on carpet. (pet towers and scratchers) They tell me its ok on sofas and drapes...but ive not tested that out yet.

    well... shoot and eat the iguanas. Alls fair in love and war over the garden.....

    will they let you apply for fema or do you have to wait until you can assess the damage? Dont wait.... the sooner you can get on the list the better off you will be. I am sure you are on that, but still im gonna say it.

    no worries... as i have said before, i give as good as i get.

  10. #60
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21,759
    Thanks
    18489

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by syrenn View Post
    yes... its pet safe! woohoo. I would not let them lap it up.. but yeah, good to use around pets and humans. No fumes and safe on carpet. (pet towers and scratchers) They tell me its ok on sofas and drapes...but ive not tested that out yet.

    well... shoot and eat the iguanas. Alls fair in love and war over the garden.....

    will they let you apply for fema or do you have to wait until you can assess the damage? Dont wait.... the sooner you can get on the list the better off you will be. I am sure you are on that, but still im gonna say it.

    no worries... as i have said before, i give as good as i get.
    @syrenn, you can't apply until you can assess the damage, same thing happened when Sandy took out my first floor in Connecticut, but that was another story, a couple who lived on the island across from us, lost everything, they were in their eighties, no kids, a boulder the size of a desk went thru their living room wall and damaged the structural, so we sent FEMA to them first, one of my neighbors owned a couple of apartment complexes, we all pitched in and donated furniture, beds, etc., and paid for the first three months rent for them, which was reduced, and we all cooked for them, we adopted them as "grandparents", they were so sweet,, and so in love after all those years of marriage. The wife was just so happy her husband came thru Sandy without a scratch on him! FEMA was great during Sandy; I think the lessons of Katrina were still fresh upon them and so were the insurance adjusters, All-State was sending in adjusters from Texas, California, all over so the assessment process could be sped up, in fact, I think I remember the check coming thru within the first week of Sandy.

    We'll see this time, this is the stuff of disaster movies, Marathon looks a mess, just awful. and people are still trying to find loved ones.

    Yeah, I'm a pain in the ass.

    Regards
    Pace
    Thanks from Tedminator

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Should Dash Cams be mandatory?
    By thrilling in forum Civil Rights
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10th January 2017, 08:41 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 14th January 2016, 11:50 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 16th March 2015, 06:02 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23rd June 2011, 02:18 PM
  5. ack, i couldnt live in florida
    By justonemorevoice in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 7th September 2010, 04:16 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed