Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
Thanks Tree38Thanks

Thread: Coulter thinks students shouldn't be allowed to vote

  1. #1
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    20,905
    Thanks
    17809

    From
    None of your business

    Coulter thinks students shouldn't be allowed to vote

    in fact, people should not be allowed to vote until they are 30, so is that magic number for total insanity to set in? Gotta give it to Coulter, she stays inconsequential.

    http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/a...lowed-to-vote/

    Right-wing provocateur Ann Coulter said yesterday that college students shouldn’t be allowed to vote because they are brainwashed and the minimum age for voting should be 30 years old.

    On yesterday’s episode of the “Howie Carr Show,” Coulter vented about The Washington Post’s debunk of claims that massive voter fraud is taking place in New Hampshire; the Post found that many of the alleged fraud cases were actually out-of-state college students from casting legal ballots in New Hampshire.

    Coulter first explained to Carr that she didn’t think students should be voting in states where they attend college if they don’t establish permanent residency in that state, but then said that it would be “outrageous” for a college student to change her residency to her college town.

    Coulter then reached the conclusion that “college kids shouldn’t be voting” at all.

    “It’s just to get the results of 13 years of Chinese-style brainwashing,” Coulter said. “I don’t think that people should be able to vote until they’re 30.”
    Thanks from Friday13 and BitterPill

  2. #2
    Moderator HCProf's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15,319
    Thanks
    8368

    From
    USA
    Every time Ann Coulter spews stupidity, I like to post this cartoon. It is so appropriate for her.


  3. #3
    You'll see what I can do Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,493
    Thanks
    14319

    From
    Kansas
    You're going to see more of this. There is awareness building, slowly, among the right wing that millennials are the most progressive generation a century and they are, per capita, better-informed (even if their sources of "information" don't tend to be that great) and more invested in current events than their parents or grandparents ever thought about being. The clock is ticking. In about 10 years we'll have complete dominance over who governs this country. That does not bode well for the GOP of today. Rather than adapt, they will desperately screech for ways to stem the tide.

  4. #4
    The Covfefe are Coming! BitterPill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,815
    Thanks
    4504

    From
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    You're going to see more of this. There is awareness building, slowly, among the right wing that millennials are the most progressive generation a century and they are, per capita, better-informed (even if their sources of "information" don't tend to be that great) and more invested in current events than their parents or grandparents ever thought about being. The clock is ticking. In about 10 years we'll have complete dominance over who governs this country. That does not bode well for the GOP of today. Rather than adapt, they will desperately screech for ways to stem the tide.
    One can hope.

  5. #5
    You'll see what I can do Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,493
    Thanks
    14319

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by BitterPill View Post
    One can hope.


    Under 30 vote, 2016 ^

    It is a literal adapt or die situation. Serious Republican strategists are well aware of this problem, and that Trump represents a far greater danger for their brand than possible 2018 or 2020 outcomes.
    Thanks from Friday13 and PACE

  6. #6
    You'll see what I can do Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,493
    Thanks
    14319

    From
    Kansas
    Personally I think the damage is already done, in the longterm. There will always be a right-spectrum party in American politics, there has to be, but it's looking at a loooong recovery period after Trump.

    If Clinton had won, a rebuilding period would have begun immediately and they would stand to regain ground as a mostly familiar but revitalized and innovative front, much as the Democrats and British Labour did in the 90s (as Labour is arguably doing again today, as the Canadian Liberals have already done).

    But if Trump comes to define what it is to be a Republican in the long term, there will be a few more years where there are enough lifelong (R) voters to keep the ark afloat, and then it will go the way of the dodo.
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #7
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    20,905
    Thanks
    17809

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Personally I think the damage is already done, in the longterm. There will always be a right-spectrum party in American politics, there has to be, but it's looking at a loooong recovery period after Trump.

    If Clinton had won, a rebuilding period would have begun immediately and they would stand to regain ground as a mostly familiar but revitalized and innovative front, much as the Democrats and British Labour did in the 90s (as Labour is arguably doing again today, as the Canadian Liberals have already done).

    But if Trump comes to define what it is to be a Republican in the long term, there will be a few more years where there are enough lifelong (R) voters to keep the ark afloat, and then it will go the way of the dodo.
    I think you are right, there is more at stake for millenials, than there were for boomers; boomers did a great deal of harm in their swing to and fro in their political opinions. But from what I hear from millenials, they are rightfully sick and tired of the divide, they don't want the daily pap of political leanings to color the landscape, there are bread and butter issues for them, jobs, growth, environment, civil rights. They are not as enamored of the "winner take all" attitude, I see it, and they are marvelous at developing hacks to get by. They remind me of the greatest generation without the war to burnish their image.

  8. #8
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    55,304
    Thanks
    10091

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Personally I think the damage is already done, in the longterm. There will always be a right-spectrum party in American politics, there has to be, but it's looking at a loooong recovery period after Trump.

    If Clinton had won, a rebuilding period would have begun immediately and they would stand to regain ground as a mostly familiar but revitalized and innovative front, much as the Democrats and British Labour did in the 90s (as Labour is arguably doing again today, as the Canadian Liberals have already done).

    But if Trump comes to define what it is to be a Republican in the long term, there will be a few more years where there are enough lifelong (R) voters to keep the ark afloat, and then it will go the way of the dodo.
    I think we all can see that Trump isn't republican, he's not anything, he's Trump.

    As for Coulter, well she is just kind of getting out there, reminds me of what happened to Glenn Beck.

    They both started out well but then seem to lose it.

  9. #9
    You'll see what I can do Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    22,493
    Thanks
    14319

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I think we all can see that Trump isn't republican, he's not anything, he's Trump.

    As for Coulter, well she is just kind of getting out there, reminds me of what happened to Glenn Beck.

    They both started out well but then seem to lose it.
    He is a member of the party, warmly embraced by the vast majority of its registered members (non-registrants who usually vote GOP is another question), and that is not likely to change any time soon for several key reasons: He will mostly advocate Republican policies. He will mostly antagonize Democrats. He will appoint judges and public officials with a Republican or at least deeply conservative background.

    He will make rules and regulations as the GOP envisions they ought to be. He will do what most Republicans have said should be done on our most important issues. He will almost exclusively rely on career Republicans in executing these decisions.

    He will comply with, if not actively embrace, all of the party's key dogmas with practical dealmaking on must-pass legislation as we just saw perhaps being the lone or rare exception --- and his being hailed as interested in a new era of bipartisanship for simply giving Chuck Schumer everything he wanted to get him off his back is really a new low for the D.C. media. AMONG THOSE, as has been the case for many years, is an active willingness to defy and insult the formal party leadership.

    Trump is, in all of the ways that matter, outside the realm of his reality show presidency, not his own man.
    Thanks from Panzareta, Ian Jeffrey and PACE

  10. #10
    New Member Idiocracat's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    677
    Thanks
    545

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I think we all can see that Trump isn't republican, he's not anything, he's Trump.

    As for Coulter, well she is just kind of getting out there, reminds me of what happened to Glenn Beck.

    They both started out well but then seem to lose it.
    I noticed you didn't say 'all three', but yes, once they saw that their core income came from stimulating the ignorant, they stepped up their games..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th May 2014, 08:01 PM
  2. Why Republicans say you SHOULDN'T vote for Romney.
    By MajikMyst in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 31st October 2012, 04:13 PM
  3. Liberal Blacks shouldn't vote.
    By the watchman in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 23rd February 2012, 06:29 PM
  4. Coulter: I Will Vote for Hillary Over McCain
    By Bourne in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 7th February 2008, 04:01 AM
  5. Why Democrats Shouldn't Be Allowed to Take the White House
    By Freedom for All in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 14th September 2007, 09:46 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed