Members banned from this thread: carpe diem


Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 99
Thanks Tree54Thanks

Thread: Texas ‘Dairy Queen’ Refused to Serve Couple Because They are Gay: VIDEO

  1. #1
    The Pundit DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,992
    Thanks
    3541

    From
    In Your Heart!

    Exclamation Texas ‘Dairy Queen’ Refused to Serve Couple Because They are Gay: VIDEO

    No, it is not alright to discriminate against members of the LGBT Community. What were they thinking and what century are those people from? This incident will raise awareness of what can go on at Dairy Queen and hopefully they will get their act together and treat all customers with the same respect, courtesy and dignity of which they are most deserving of. If they didn't discriminate then what was that all about? It is good that the franchise owners are investigating this incident.





    ----------------------------------------

    Texas 'Dairy Queen' Refused to Serve Couple Because They are Gay: VIDEO - Towleroad
    by Michael Fitzgerald

    "A Dairy Queen franchisee has apologized after two men alleged a manager in Texas refused to serve them because they are gay."
    "Richard Jones said he and his partner visited the restaurant in Pflugerville last Thursday. After waiting for their food while customers who arrived later received their orders, a cashier told them the manager didn’t want to serve them because they were gay."
    Thanks from BitterPill and Friday13

  2. #2
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    73,446
    Thanks
    37386

    From
    becoming more and more
    so this manager served them up an easy discrimination lawsuit instead of their meal.

    See what I did there?
    Thanks from DemoWhip, PACE and Friday13

  3. #3
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40,371
    Thanks
    15829

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    so this manager served them up an easy discrimination lawsuit instead of their meal.

    See what I did there?
    It's legal in Texas, and many other states.

  4. #4
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    73,446
    Thanks
    37386

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    It's legal in Texas, and many other states.
    oh, you're going to have to back that up with a source.
    Thanks from Dr.Knuckles and Friday13

  5. #5
    The Pundit DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5,992
    Thanks
    3541

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    It's legal in Texas, and many other states.
    Legal? In this day and age? Shameful! That needs to change real soon!
    Thanks from Friday13

  6. #6
    Begin with a happy Ending Engine-Ear's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,500
    Thanks
    10496

    From
    The last place I lost my keys.
    From the link:

    The cashier told KXAN that “while his boss never specifically said that he didn’t want to serve them because they were gay, he felt that was why their food was being delayed.”

    Sounds a little fishy to me.
    Thanks from pragmatic

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,507
    Thanks
    2503

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    No, it is not alright to discriminate against members of the LGBT Community. What were they thinking and what century are those people from? This incident will raise awareness of what can go on at Dairy Queen and hopefully they will get their act together and treat all customers with the same respect, courtesy and dignity of which they are most deserving of. If they didn't discriminate then what was that all about? It is good that the franchise owners are investigating this incident.





    ----------------------------------------

    Texas 'Dairy Queen' Refused to Serve Couple Because They are Gay: VIDEO - Towleroad
    by Michael Fitzgerald
    Mr. Whip,

    Anybody else seeing the irony of "Dairy Queen" not serving gays?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    9,507
    Thanks
    2503

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    No, it is not alright to discriminate against members of the LGBT Community. What were they thinking and what century are those people from? This incident will raise awareness of what can go on at Dairy Queen and hopefully they will get their act together and treat all customers with the same respect, courtesy and dignity of which they are most deserving of. If they didn't discriminate then what was that all about? It is good that the franchise owners are investigating this incident.





    ----------------------------------------

    Texas 'Dairy Queen' Refused to Serve Couple Because They are Gay: VIDEO - Towleroad
    by Michael Fitzgerald
    Mr. Whip,

    So you say they got their food and a refund?

    How again is that refusing to serve gays?

  9. #9
    ~Standing My Ground~ Sassy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    40,371
    Thanks
    15829

    From
    God Bless Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    oh, you're going to have to back that up with a source.
    Did You Know It's Legal In Most States To Discriminate Against LGBT People? : It's All Politics : NPR
    Thanks from the watchman

  10. #10
    Veteran Member PACE's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    20,918
    Thanks
    17820

    From
    None of your business
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassy View Post
    It's legal in Texas, and many other states.
    Not in most franchises; Dairy Queen is a franchise, and you don't get to put the brand at jeapordy

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 221
    Last Post: 24th February 2017, 06:33 PM
  2. State Silences Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 7th July 2015, 05:34 AM
  3. Replies: 411
    Last Post: 21st October 2014, 07:42 AM
  4. Replies: 521
    Last Post: 31st August 2014, 09:43 AM
  5. Texas couple kills 7yr old for trespassing
    By johnflesh in forum Current Events
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 17th May 2009, 07:22 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed