Members banned from this thread: Panzareta


Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 129
Thanks Tree111Thanks

Thread: It's worse than harassment. New Weinstein allegations. Caught on tape.

  1. #11
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,376
    Thanks
    21298

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    There is before exposure and after.

    One can not be blamed for thinking someone is normal. It is what happens after you are warned.
    One can be blamed for not pursing charges after being bribed.
    Thanks from Wonderer

  2. #12
    Veteran Member Dr Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,238
    Thanks
    11604

    This has been an open secret to many in Hollywood and beyond, but previous attempts by many publications, including The New Yorker, to investigate and publish the story over the years fell short of the demands of journalistic evidence. Too few people were willing to speak, much less allow a reporter to use their names, and Weinstein and his associates used nondisclosure agreements, monetary payoffs, and legal threats to suppress these myriad stories. Asia Argento, an Italian film actress and director, told me that she did not speak out until now—Weinstein, she told me, forcibly performed oral sex on her—because she feared that Weinstein would “crush” her. “I know he has crushed a lot of people before,” Argento said. “That’s why this story—in my case, it’s twenty years old; some of them are older—has never come out.”Last week, the New York Times, in a powerful report by Jodi Kantor and Megan Twohey, revealed multiple allegations of sexual harassment against Weinstein, a story that led to the resignation of four members of his company’s all-male board, and to Weinstein’s firing from the company.
    Oh look Macduff, the article reports exactly what I said in the other thread that you dismissed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    You sure they were protecting him? Pretty big story for a journalist to break. Did they have verifiable evidence? Did they have people that were willing to speak on record about it? The chances are not a lot of people in the industry would dare go up against him and essentially be blacklisted. Hollywood can be vicious like that, and Weinstein is a giant in the industry.

    So I'm not buying the pathetic right wing (completely played out boy cried wolf) that the media purposely hid this as some sort of conspiracy


    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Is that what you think was stopping them? Lol!
    Have you never seen a news story with unnamed sources? Ever hear of Watergate?

  3. #13
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,376
    Thanks
    21298

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    Oh look Macduff, the article reports exactly what I said in the other thread that you dismissed.
    How the hell do you see the part about payoffs and threats and think that validates your stupid theory that they just couldn't find a source?
    In my mid-20s, I became a reporter and fact checker at the New York Observer, and part of my beat was covering the film business in New York. The night before the 2000 election, I was working on a story — perhaps my first seriously reported story — about O, the violent reimagining of Othello that Miramax’s Dimension division was then sitting on, perhaps out of deference to the cringey clean-media message of the Al Gore–Joe Lieberman campaign, which Weinstein was publicly supporting; already there was talk of Weinstein’s ambitions in Democratic politics. After Weinstein failed to respond to my calls for comment, I was sent, on Election Eve 2000, to cover a book party he was hosting, along with my colleague Andrew Goldman. Weinstein didn’t like my question about O, there was an altercation; though the recording has alas been lost to time, I recall that he called me a **** and declared that he was glad he was the “fucking sheriff of this fucking lawless piece-of-shit town.” When my colleague Andrew (who was also then my boyfriend) intervened, first calming him down and then trying to extract an apology, Weinstein went nuclear, pushing Andrew down a set of steps inside the Tribeca Grand — knocking him over with such force that his tape recorder hit a woman, who suffered long-term injury — and dragging Andrew, in a headlock, onto Sixth Avenue.
    The guy assaulted a journalist in front of a crowd and you're wondering where they can find witnesses. The reason I dismissed you is because you ignored every other factor involved. Like corruption of media.
    Such was the power of Harvey Weinstein in 2000 that despite the dozens of camera flashes that went off on that sidewalk that night, capturing the sight of an enormously famous film executive trying to pound in the head of a young newspaper reporter, I have never once seen a photo. Back then, Harvey could spin — or suppress — anything; there were so many journalists on his payroll, working as consultants on movie projects, or as screenwriters, or for his magazine.
    https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/why-t...e-out-now.html
    Huh? Wonder if that had anything to do with it.

  4. #14
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,933
    Thanks
    14589

    From
    Missouri
    The more I learn of this story, the madder I get.
    Thanks from bajisima

  5. #15
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,376
    Thanks
    21298

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    The more I learn of this story, the madder I get.
    You have powerful people feeding of each other. A pervert attacking women who is enabled by a corrupt politician who let's him go because of payoffs. And then there are people who's only argument is whataboutism. "But what about?.. But what about?"

  6. #16
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,933
    Thanks
    14589

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    You have powerful people feeding of each other. A pervert attacking women who is enabled by a corrupt politician who let's him go because of payoffs. And then there are people who's only argument is whataboutism. "But what about?.. But what about?"
    The parallels and overlaps between Weinstein, Trump and Clinton are inescapable. And twisted.

    Two wrongs never do make a right and the lesser of two evils is still evil. If you’re someone who’s decided that despite his multitude of flaws, you’re still willing to vote for Trump in an effort to prevent Hillary Clinton from winning, I accept that, even while I won’t be joining you in that endeavor. What I don’t accept is any attempt to excuse and normalize his comments or the behavior they describe. They are NOT OKAY. And I don’t want my daughter, or yours, or anyone’s son to come to the conclusion that they are because we ultimately elect (or vote for) a man who thinks they are.

    Now, back to Weinstein. Just as “the message we send” matters when we react to bad behavior by a candidate or officeholder, it matters when we react to bad behavior by a movie mogul or actor or rock star. Or fail to react, as so many in Hollywood who had to know what was going on, seemed all too willing to do. Because it was easier to look the other way and excuse it. As long as they were benefiting from Weinstein’s favor, it was the expedient thing to do.

    Something to bear in mind the next someone sashays up to the mic at an awards show and makes grandiose pronouncements about the character of our leaders and reminds us of just how brave and bold they are for speaking out.
    https://www.redstate.com/smoosieq/20...-message-send/
    Thanks from bajisima and Amelia

  7. #17
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,376
    Thanks
    21298

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderer View Post
    The parallels and overlaps between Weinstein, Trump and Clinton are inescapable. And twisted.



    https://www.redstate.com/smoosieq/20...-message-send/
    Trump is why I left the GOP. I can understand looking at him and Clinton and deciding that one or the other was slightly less bad. What I could not tolerate is people trying to tell me what a great person either was and that was the best we could do. Politicians and political parties are just a means to an end. They don't deserve loyalty or defensiveness.
    Thanks from Wonderer, bajisima and Idiocracat

  8. #18
    Veteran Member Dr Sampson Simpson's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    21,238
    Thanks
    11604

    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    How the hell do you see the part about payoffs and threats and think that validates your stupid theory that they just couldn't find a source?
    The guy assaulted a journalist in front of a crowd and you're wondering where they can find witnesses. The reason I dismissed you is because you ignored every other factor involved. Like corruption of media.
    https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/why-t...e-out-now.html
    Huh? Wonder if that had anything to do with it.
    I bolded it for you, I don't know what stupid shit you are trying to deflect to. Sorry you are such a Trump that you can't admit you are wrong. I posted there were many factors as to why it was not brought out into the open. But you wanted to push the BS that the liberal media were trying to keep it secret and are hypocrites.

    Sorry your "liberals are poopyhead" threads are outing you as a complete partisan hack and unhinged. That's on you, not me

  9. #19
    Flibbertigibbet Wonderer's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2014
    Posts
    22,933
    Thanks
    14589

    From
    Missouri
    Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    Trump is why I left the GOP. I can understand looking at him and Clinton and deciding that one or the other was slightly less bad. What I could not tolerate is people trying to tell me what a great person either was and that was the best we could do. Politicians and political parties are just a means to an end. They don't deserve loyalty or defensiveness.
    A.men.
    Thanks from bajisima

  10. #20
    Burn it down Macduff's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    81,376
    Thanks
    21298

    From
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sampson Simpson View Post
    I bolded it for you, I don't know what stupid shit you are trying to deflect to. Sorry you are such a Trump that you can't admit you are wrong. I posted there were many factors as to why it was not brought out into the open. But you just want to go with the "liberals are poopyheads" type of childish bullshit.

    Sorry your "liberals are poopyhead" threads are outing you as a complete partisan hack. That's on you, not me
    You purposely ignored evidence of media corruption so you could whine and cry about the right. Because that is the only thing you know. It's the only argument you have. Don't you get bored saying the same thing over and over?
    What's even funnier is a goddam troll like you who does nothing but whine and complain and moan accusing anyone else of being a hack. Do you not have a mirror in your home?
    Now shut the fuck up so the adults can talk.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th October 2017, 07:39 PM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 6th October 2017, 05:10 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th November 2016, 12:53 PM
  4. shocking NYPD harassment caught on tape.
    By the watchman in forum Current Events
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 28th December 2014, 08:13 AM
  5. Cain denies (sexual) harassment allegations
    By Stefan Bandera in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 449
    Last Post: 4th November 2011, 10:16 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed