Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 229
Thanks Tree132Thanks

Thread: Eminem blasts Donald Trump in freestyle rap at BET Hip-Hop Awards

  1. #11
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    40,213
    Thanks
    31230

    From
    CA
    Tuesday night during the BET Hip Hop Awards, Eminem essentially initiated a rap battle with President Trump. He also, as he put it, “drew a line in the sand” for anyone who loves his music: You can’t be a Trump supporter and an Eminem fan.

    Eminem’s video was part of a BET tradition: the Cypher, a pre-recorded freestyle performance by a rapper that airs during the network’s annual awards ceremony. Introduced as “The Storm” and filmed in a Detroit parking garage, the video went viral before the show was even over. (Eminem grew up in Detroit; it’s a tradition in rap to go back to the streets that made you.)

    While for some artists this might not be a major statement, Eminem is the most popular artist in a heap of red states, including Montana, North Dakota, and Wyoming. Eminem knows a significant contingent of his fan base put Trump in office. BET is a major platform; he’s not wasting it here. He’s showing that he’s serious — and not afraid of risking losing support from his fans in conservative swaths of the country.

    Many of the same people who saw themselves in Eminem’s music are drawn in by Trump’s promise to make America great again (for white dudes). But instead of shirk away from this complicated truth, Eminem put it on blast. The overlap between Eminem’s fans and Trump’s supporters is clear to the rapper. And it’s one he can no longer tolerate.

    https://thinkprogress.org/eminem-tru...-f1038948beac/
    Thanks from the watchman, steezer and Friday13

  2. #12
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    74,492
    Thanks
    38159

    From
    becoming more and more
    this is blowing up in the rap world.

    Historically, it reminds me of when Muhamad Ali announce he was changing his name from Cassius Clay. A lot of whites felt betrayed when he did that. Same thing with Eminem. He's a white rap artist with a lot of white fans. Now, he's telling them that if they support Trump they're no fans of his. So yeah, the Ali announcement is the closest thing I can recall like this. Either that, or when Dick Clark made that public statement that James Brown wasn't getting treated like other artist "because he's black".
    Thanks from Dragonfly5 and Friday13

  3. #13
    Begin with a happy Ending Engine-Ear's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,607
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    The last place I lost my keys.
    So, let me get this straight. Lefty's can't stand the fact a TV personality is the POTUS, but join forces behind a rap personality that calls out the POTUS. Your cause is doomed.

  4. #14
    Begin with a happy Ending Engine-Ear's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,607
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    The last place I lost my keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    this is blowing up in the rap world.

    Historically, it reminds me of when Muhamad Ali announce he was changing his name from Cassius Clay. A lot of whites felt betrayed when he did that. Same thing with Eminem. He's a white rap artist with a lot of white fans. Now, he's telling them that if they support Trump they're no fans of his. So yeah, the Ali announcement is the closest thing I can recall like this. Either that, or when Dick Clark made that public statement that James Brown wasn't getting treated like other artist "because he's black".
    Eminem is kind of irrelevant, has been for a while. You guys need to understand that the right is way less influenced by "artists" than the left is. Eminem really won't convert anyone, Kinda like Tim Robbins or Susan Sarandon.
    Thanks from MeBelle

  5. #15
    Junior Member Idiocracat's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,200
    Thanks
    1019

    From
    U.S.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
    So, let me get this straight. Lefty's can't stand the fact a TV personality is the POTUS, but join forces behind a rap personality that calls out the POTUS. Your cause is doomed.
    lol.
    No, human beings can't stand the fact that a dangerous, narcissistic, sexist, racist, criminal asshole with a 3rd grade mentality and zero knowledge of leadership is in the White House.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43,687
    Thanks
    31167

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    Eminem blasts Donald Trump in freestyle rap at BET Hip-Hop Awards - ABC News
    By MARK OSBORNE







    =================================

    Eminem has a point. He is right on target. Thank goodness we still have Free Speech rights where he can air his political views through his rap music that millions listen to. He is making a profound statement on Trump and telling it like it is.

    Ari Melber went over it,line by line, then brought rappers on.

    A white guy saying this,Trump Or Me!

  7. #17
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43,687
    Thanks
    31167

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Engine-Ear View Post
    Eminem is kind of irrelevant, has been for a while. You guys need to understand that the right is way less influenced by "artists" than the left is. Eminem really won't convert anyone, Kinda like Tim Robbins or Susan Sarandon.
    Ha! He has been on top for 20 years now! And is getting plenty of backing by the new guys!

  8. #18
    Shiny Purple Member namvet69's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,188
    Thanks
    3277

    From
    Englewood, Fl
    I can't stand Rap and particularly MMs version of it. But I must say, I respect what he did today. Could cost him big but he did it anyway. We sure could use young people protesting Trump outwardly. The last week or so feels different to me. Feels like something is on the near horizon. Something big.


    A break with his own cabinet and congress maybe? A real revolution against the madness by even the nutless wonders around him perhaps? They can learn from MM about courage and speaking out even if it might cost you politically or personally.

    I still hate rap but maybe not MM so much from now on. If this is what it takes, I'll turn my hat sideways right now and pull my pants down to my knees or in my case, knee.
    Thanks from MaryAnne, Friday13 and Minotaur

  9. #19
    Begin with a happy Ending Engine-Ear's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,607
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    The last place I lost my keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idiocracat View Post
    lol.
    No, human beings can't stand the fact that a dangerous, narcissistic, sexist, racist, criminal asshole with a 3rd grade mentality and zero knowledge of leadership is in the White House.
    But he is way more successful than you. If you want to effect change, get out there and do what he did, don't whine on a small forum.

  10. #20
    Begin with a happy Ending Engine-Ear's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    14,607
    Thanks
    10587

    From
    The last place I lost my keys.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnne View Post
    Ha! He has been on top for 20 years now! And is getting plenty of backing by the new guys!
    You're silly and cute.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Donald Trump blasts Clinton after probe of FBI launched
    By RNG in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th January 2017, 11:10 AM
  2. Sarah Palin blasts Donald Trump
    By cable2 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 5th December 2016, 07:04 AM
  3. Replies: 89
    Last Post: 13th November 2016, 02:56 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed