Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45
Thanks Tree24Thanks

Thread: Trump will end health care cost-sharing subsidies

  1. #1
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    4,748
    Thanks
    3763

    From
    In my mind

    Trump will end health care cost-sharing subsidies

    Ah yes, leadership. In this case demonstrated by our president in his announcement......

    Shit. He did not announce it. Instead, it was announced late on Thursday night, long after most were in bed. Guess he lacked the testicles to do it.

    Anyway, Trump is apparently trying to end the ACA subsidies which render insurance affordable to folks. Why? Only one thing i can think of.

    He is a dick-moron hybrid.

    The only way this makes sense is if one is such a dick-moron hybrid they think this fulfills some campaign promise made to stupid people, the promise to repeal the ACA on the first day in office.



    Trump will end health care cost-sharing subsidies - CNNPolitics

    President Donald Trump plans to end a key set of Obamacare subsidies that helped lower-income enrollees pay for health care, the White House said Thursday, a dramatic move that raises questions about the law's future.

    The late-night announcement is part of Trump's aggressive push to dismantle aspects of his predecessor's signature health law after several failed attempts by Congress to repeal it earlier this year.
    It also puts the spotlight back on Congress, where lawmakers in both parties have urged the administration to continue the payments to stabilize the Obamacare markets in the short term.
    Thanks from Davocrat

  2. #2
    RNG
    RNG is offline
    Moderator RNG's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    8,241
    Thanks
    4751

    From
    Canada, West Coast
    What is so typical of him is that this morning he tweeted:

    Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 12h12 hours ago

    The time has come to take action to IMPROVE access, INCREASE choices, and LOWER COSTS for HEALTHCARE!
    Note the "LOWER COSTS", all in caps to show how important it is to him. Or was then.

  3. #3
    Veteran Member TNVolunteer73's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    29,487
    Thanks
    7620

    From
    TN
    ONE MORE TIME if you subsize something YOU DO NOT LOWER THE COST.

    now his XO, lowers the cost of healthcare because I NO LONGER have to pay for maternity care OR Birth Control.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    29,336
    Thanks
    3648

    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Ah yes, leadership. In this case demonstrated by our president in his announcement......

    Shit. He did not announce it. Instead, it was announced late on Thursday night, long after most were in bed. Guess he lacked the testicles to do it.

    Anyway, Trump is apparently trying to end the ACA subsidies which render insurance affordable to folks. Why? Only one thing i can think of.

    He is a dick-moron hybrid.

    The only way this makes sense is if one is such a dick-moron hybrid they think this fulfills some campaign promise made to stupid people, the promise to repeal the ACA on the first day in office.



    Trump will end health care cost-sharing subsidies - CNNPolitics

    President Donald Trump plans to end a key set of Obamacare subsidies that helped lower-income enrollees pay for health care, the White House said Thursday, a dramatic move that raises questions about the law's future.

    The late-night announcement is part of Trump's aggressive push to dismantle aspects of his predecessor's signature health law after several failed attempts by Congress to repeal it earlier this year.
    It also puts the spotlight back on Congress, where lawmakers in both parties have urged the administration to continue the payments to stabilize the Obamacare markets in the short term.
    The XO shifts the burden of coverage back to businesses who can now offer tailored insurance plans with limited and affordable forms of insurance. The government can still extend medicare to more and more of the poor IF it can find a way to pay for it. This is a logical move that makes economic sense. It does undermine the unlimited compassion at any cost philosophy that the left prefers, but has not figured out how to make it work.

    It does require people to GET A JOB and help to pull the wagon.
    Thanks from GoaTlOver

  5. #5
    New Member Pureinheart's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    376
    Thanks
    85

    From
    USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    ONE MORE TIME if you subsize something YOU DO NOT LOWER THE COST.

    now his XO, lowers the cost of healthcare because I NO LONGER have to pay for maternity care OR Birth Control.
    Here's hoping that our Democratic friends will replace hate for truth...

  6. #6
    Member tnbskts's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,406
    Thanks
    4445

    From
    British expat in USA
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    ONE MORE TIME if you subsize something YOU DO NOT LOWER THE COST.

    now his XO, lowers the cost of healthcare because I NO LONGER have to pay for maternity care OR Birth Control.
    If you subsidise something, you lower the cost to the person buying it. Which is the point of the subsidy. This executive order might well lower the cost to you, but it increases the cost to others. Not that that apparently matters to you, as long as your personal cost is less.
    Thanks from Lunchboxxy

  7. #7
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    58,136
    Thanks
    10590

    From
    By the wall
    I don't think they realize that subsidies actually have to be paid for by someone.

  8. #8
    Undercovfefe Agents TennesseeRain's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    80,846
    Thanks
    49515

    From
    In the Witness Protection Program
    Governing by fiat, eh? I was told that's a bad thing.
    Thanks from Blueneck

  9. #9
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,695
    Thanks
    1318

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeRain View Post
    Governing by fiat, eh? I was told that's a bad thing.
    It is, and now Trump is showing the folly of Dems plan to have the executive branch make the Obamacare rules as they go along.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    30,691
    Thanks
    26054

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    It is, and now Trump is showing the folly of Dems plan to have the executive branch make the Obamacare rules as they go along.
    Every legislation and program has regulatory guide lines. Most however are not written to hurt the program. That is the difference between Donald Trump and every other real President.
    Thanks from OHjulie

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 26th December 2016, 01:06 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st January 2015, 06:52 AM
  3. Want to cut the cost of health care?
    By ksu_aviator in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 15th November 2010, 03:08 PM
  4. health care cost will increase
    By justme in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 23rd April 2010, 05:44 AM
  5. How Much Will Health Care Refrom Really Cost?
    By Zarathustra in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 7th August 2009, 04:18 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed