Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
Thanks Tree17Thanks

Thread: Judge Roy "idiot" Moore, 'It's illegal for NFL players to kneel during the anthem!!"

  1. #1
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,667
    Thanks
    20571

    From
    Florida

    Judge Roy "idiot" Moore, 'It's illegal for NFL players to kneel during the anthem!!"

    Who the fuck gave this idiot a law degree? Who gave him a judgeship for chrissake!


    Roy Moore believes that NFL anthem protests are magically “against the law”

    The hard-right Senate candidate argued that taking a knee is a crime — but, um, it’s not



    CHARLIE MAY10.18.20176:56 PM


    Candidate for one of Alabama's Congressional Senate seats Roy Moore insisted that it's illegal for professional athletes to kneel during the national anthem Wednesday. It really, really isn't.

    "It’s against the law, you know that?" Moore said in an interview with TIME Magazine. "It was a act of Congress that every man stand and put their hand over their heart. That’s the law."

    The disgraced Alabama Supreme Court chief justice argued that the current athletes (NFL players in particular) who engage in protest are in violation of, as TIME noted "a section of the U.S. code which outlines how people should conduct themselves when the anthem is played." The publication helpfully added that "the code merely outlines proper etiquette, and there are no legal penalties outlined in the law." Phew.

    To that point, Moore himself didn't speak of any punishments that might be doled out to players or really anyone anywhere on U.S. soil who does not stand during the national anthem (look around any baseball stadium during its signing on a balmy August night and you'll see that our jails would be overflowing with a new crop of indolent Americans.) It's pretty nice we all have that whole First Amendment thing going for us...


    https://www.salon.com/2017/10/18/roy...ainst-the-law/



    Thanks from Friday13 and Tedminator

  2. #2
    Veteran Member Dragonfly5's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    16,758
    Thanks
    13280

    From
    Houston, Texas
    In just a minute our blind PhD will be along supporting what Moore said, it's almost guaranteed.
    Thanks from DemoWhip

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Moorhuhn Wanted Champion Hollywood's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    70,348
    Thanks
    34222

    From
    Memphis, Tn.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Who the fuck gave this idiot a law degree? Who gave him a judgeship for chrissake!


    Roy Moore believes that NFL anthem protests are magically “against the law”

    The hard-right Senate candidate argued that taking a knee is a crime — but, um, it’s not



    CHARLIE MAY10.18.20176:56 PM


    Candidate for one of Alabama's Congressional Senate seats Roy Moore insisted that it's illegal for professional athletes to kneel during the national anthem Wednesday. It really, really isn't.

    "It’s against the law, you know that?" Moore said in an interview with TIME Magazine. "It was a act of Congress that every man stand and put their hand over their heart. That’s the law."

    The disgraced Alabama Supreme Court chief justice argued that the current athletes (NFL players in particular) who engage in protest are in violation of, as TIME noted "a section of the U.S. code which outlines how people should conduct themselves when the anthem is played." The publication helpfully added that "the code merely outlines proper etiquette, and there are no legal penalties outlined in the law." Phew.

    To that point, Moore himself didn't speak of any punishments that might be doled out to players or really anyone anywhere on U.S. soil who does not stand during the national anthem (look around any baseball stadium during its signing on a balmy August night and you'll see that our jails would be overflowing with a new crop of indolent Americans.) It's pretty nice we all have that whole First Amendment thing going for us...


    https://www.salon.com/2017/10/18/roy...ainst-the-law/



    What a moron!!!

  4. #4
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,720
    Thanks
    13785

    From
    aMEEErica
    They need to make this guy AG.

    Thx

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    18,891
    Thanks
    12952

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    Who the fuck gave this idiot a law degree? Who gave him a judgeship for chrissake!


    Roy Moore believes that NFL anthem protests are magically “against the law”

    The hard-right Senate candidate argued that taking a knee is a crime — but, um, it’s not



    CHARLIE MAY10.18.20176:56 PM


    Candidate for one of Alabama's Congressional Senate seats Roy Moore insisted that it's illegal for professional athletes to kneel during the national anthem Wednesday. It really, really isn't.

    "It’s against the law, you know that?" Moore said in an interview with TIME Magazine. "It was a act of Congress that every man stand and put their hand over their heart. That’s the law."

    The disgraced Alabama Supreme Court chief justice argued that the current athletes (NFL players in particular) who engage in protest are in violation of, as TIME noted "a section of the U.S. code which outlines how people should conduct themselves when the anthem is played." The publication helpfully added that "the code merely outlines proper etiquette, and there are no legal penalties outlined in the law." Phew.

    To that point, Moore himself didn't speak of any punishments that might be doled out to players or really anyone anywhere on U.S. soil who does not stand during the national anthem (look around any baseball stadium during its signing on a balmy August night and you'll see that our jails would be overflowing with a new crop of indolent Americans.) It's pretty nice we all have that whole First Amendment thing going for us...


    https://www.salon.com/2017/10/18/roy...ainst-the-law/



    Jeff Sessions was a terrible lawyer and he is making an even worse AG. This guy is from the same state. Remind me never to hire a lawyer from Alabama if this is what they are producing.
    Thanks from Friday13

  6. #6
    Spock of Vulcan Ian Jeffrey's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    64,475
    Thanks
    32662

    From
    Vulcan
    The relevant statute linked in the OP (36 U.S.C. § 301) provides nothing more than proper etiquette. The First Amendment renders expressive conduct to be legal.

    Expressive Conduct legal definition of Expressive Conduct

    Page down to "Expressive Conduct" and numerous cases are cited.
    Thanks from Blueneck and Friday13

  7. #7
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,667
    Thanks
    20571

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    They need to make this guy AG.

    Thx
    This guy??


  8. #8
    Bizarroland Observer Thx1138's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    22,720
    Thanks
    13785

    From
    aMEEErica
    Quote Originally Posted by cpicturetaker12 View Post
    This guy??

    Yeeeeeeepurr!

    Sessions is just not enough of a disaster, the admin needs to put THE very worst person possible for each job, not settle for second worst!

    And I know what you're thinking, but Arpaio will have to settle for assistant AG.

    (Plus... there's a poor, elderly, misunderstood rancher in Nevada that is a shoe-in for Interior Sec.!)

    (after the current one quits or is indicted.)

    Thx
    Last edited by Thx1138; 20th October 2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Thanks from NightSwimmer, Blueneck and Friday13

  9. #9
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    28,667
    Thanks
    20571

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by thx1138 View Post
    yeeeeeeepurr!

    Sessions is just not enough of a disaster, the admin needs to put the very worst person possible for each job, not settle for second worst!

    And arpaio will have to settle for assistant ag.

    (plus... There's a poor, elderly, misunderstood rancher in nevada that is a shoe-in for labor sec.!)

    (after the current one quits or is indicted.)

    thx
    lolol!!
    Thanks from Thx1138

  10. #10
    Shut up and vote Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    49,643
    Thanks
    27713

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by Thx1138 View Post
    Yeeeeeeepurr!

    Sessions is just not enough of a disaster, the admin needs to put THE very worst person possible for each job, not settle for second worst!

    And Arpaio will have to settle for assistant AG.

    (Plus... there's a poor, elderly, misunderstood rancher in Nevada that is a shoe-in for labor sec.!)

    (after the current one quits or is indicted.)

    Thx
    Lol, the axis of assholes.

    All of these comic book cowboys living a perpetual Halloween fantasy. It's as if someone barfed up Geritol, Androgel and Viagra in a big puddle in a pile of Texas mud and threw a cowboy hat on top of it.
    Thanks from Panzareta, Friday13 and Thx1138

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 18th July 2017, 06:59 PM
  2. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 24th June 2016, 01:54 PM
  3. Replies: 79
    Last Post: 6th June 2016, 12:55 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 31st July 2013, 09:32 AM
  5. Replies: 43
    Last Post: 27th October 2008, 03:39 PM

Facebook Twitter RSS Feed