Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 126
Thanks Tree43Thanks

Thread: Trump not invited to Paris climate summit next month

  1. #111
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,140
    Thanks
    32610

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Ignorance is a strength in your mind, isn't it?

    Al Gore could become world's first carbon billionaire - Telegraph

    There are stories about his climate exchange going back to 2003... 2013 Forbes wrote an article... If I could make something like that up, I'd be writing fiction, not debating the deliberately ignorant.
    Looks like to me he was more of a forward thinker on climate change.

    Which has nothing to do the Paris agreement from what I can tell.

  2. #112
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,888
    Thanks
    2299

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Looks like to me he was more of a forward thinker on climate change.

    Which has nothing to do the Paris agreement from what I can tell.
    Wow... Just wow... Doesn't skip a beat, goes from conspiracy theory to good idea within minutes... So, does that also mean that you approve of the new forests initiative and what they've done in Rwanda, Uganda, and a few other places? (I can't believe someone jumped on the very obviously baited trap so quickly, I feel bad and should offer you the chance to recant on this good idea thing while you have the chance, we can find out the kind of damage you would support through ignorance)

    Also, since these agreements are to put caps on carbon emissions (not pollution like what is causing Chinese rivers to regularly catch fire), that is directly in the interests of al gore, which will require further actions by the UN to secure more land to be dedicated to forests.

  3. #113
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,918
    Thanks
    1346

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    Where do you get this stuff? You're supposed to cite sources like this.
    From your cite.

  4. #114
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,918
    Thanks
    1346

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Looks like it came from here - and is dated 2004

    https://www.nei.org/CorporateSite/me...s.pdf?ext=.pdf
    Why would you think that? That is about nuclear power in the US and dated 2014.

  5. #115
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,918
    Thanks
    1346

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    New figures published by China’s National Burea of Statistics show that while the country’s total energy consumption increased by 1.4% in 2016, the country’s coal consumption declined by 4.7%.

    Following China’s use of coal and the country’s corresponding carbon dioxide emission levels has been a pet project for me over the last few years, in the face of growing apathy in western countries for environmental and climate issues. Over the last few years, China has made more significant and large-scale proposals, policy moves, and actions than many of the so-called western leaders.


    The country’s declining use of coal has been one of the most impressive of these moves, backed by strong country- and state-wide policies to minimize the use of coal for the sake of larger-scale emissions targets and the ever-present problem of air pollution levels.

    https://cleantechnica.com/2017/03/14...y-consumption/

    Coal consumption in China likely peaked in 2013, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA). Moreover, global energy-related carbon dioxide emissions have stayed nearly flat since 2013, due in large part to China’s decreasing reliance on coal. 2015 was the first time China’s CO2 emissions decreased in the last 15 years, while renewable energy capacity has increased significantly over the past three years.

    China?s Decline in Coal Consumption Drives Global Slowdown in Emissions | World Resources Institute
    So splansing's Guardian cite was lying when it said China added 65GW of new coal generation last year?

  6. #116
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,837
    Thanks
    2628

    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    Why are you even entering the debate when you are uninformed in the basic facts?
    Irony.

  7. #117
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,837
    Thanks
    2628

    The cite says China started construction on 65GW of coal. It also says China has put 100GW of projects on hold and is looking for alternatives, and that this is a trend, and the author cites experts who believe the trend will continue.

    In a nutshell, China is stepping back from coal aggressively and pouring hundreds of billions into development. And Trump wants the U.S. to use more coal, because it's Murkin to burn coal, and they tukerjobs, and you love Trump.

    Prove to me that Trump isn't deeply invested in Chinese alternative energy companies. You can't, of course. It's pretty stupid to even try to prove a negative like that, isn't it. But the point is, you don't know what Trump is up to, and he certainly has demonstrated that he is all about Trump. Add to that the fact that his policies of deliberate stupidity on the environment make no sense, and one has to wonder what he is up to, and why anyone would support him without more information, without some justification that makes at least some sense.

  8. #118
    Established Member
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    7,918
    Thanks
    1346

    From
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    New figures published by China’s National Burea of Statistics show that while the country’s total energy consumption increased by 1.4% in 2016, the country’s coal consumption declined by 4.7%.

    Following China’s use of coal and the country’s corresponding carbon dioxide emission levels has been a pet project for me over the last few years, in the face of growing apathy in western countries for environmental and climate issues. Over the last few years, China has made more significant and large-scale proposals, policy moves, and actions than many of the so-called western leaders.


    The country’s declining use of coal has been one of the most impressive of these moves, backed by strong country- and state-wide policies to minimize the use of coal for the sake of larger-scale emissions targets and the ever-present problem of air pollution levels.

    https://cleantechnica.com/2017/03/14...y-consumption/

    Coal consumption in China likely peaked in 2013, according to the International Energy Agency (IEA). Moreover, global energy-related carbon dioxide emissions have stayed nearly flat since 2013, due in large part to China’s decreasing reliance on coal. 2015 was the first time China’s CO2 emissions decreased in the last 15 years, while renewable energy capacity has increased significantly over the past three years.

    China?s Decline in Coal Consumption Drives Global Slowdown in Emissions | World Resources Institute
    Doesn't negate the fact that China is building new coal generation plants, 570GW of new coal capacity, while the US is reducing coal generation.
    Last edited by Libertine; 13th November 2017 at 07:43 AM.

  9. #119
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,343
    Thanks
    33197

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
    Doesn't negate the fact that China is building new coal generation plants, 570GW of new coal capacity, while the US is reducing coal generation.
    The fact that the US reached a fully-developed economy decades ago and China still hasn't reached that state has nothing to do with it, right?

  10. #120
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,888
    Thanks
    2299

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    Irony.
    It might happen, but rarely... And when I am discussing an issue where I don't at least have basic facts, you'll see me asking more questions than statements.

    For example; when trying to figure out what was racist about voter ID laws...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th November 2017, 07:38 AM
  2. Replies: 166
    Last Post: 4th June 2017, 12:41 PM
  3. Replies: 193
    Last Post: 2nd June 2017, 06:02 PM
  4. Trump hints he may stay in the Paris climate pact-
    By GordonGecko in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 28th April 2017, 08:34 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18th November 2016, 10:17 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed