Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 98
Thanks Tree42Thanks

Thread: [GW@72] Trump judge nominee, 36, who has never tried a case...

  1. #11
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    4302

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    Permit me to ask what might be viewed as a stupid question on the surface. Where is it mandated that a Federal judge or even a Supreme Court justice be a member of the bar? While there are a good number of lawyers in the Congress, many of those writing federal laws are not members of the bar. Accordingly, on the same token, why must those interpreting the Constitutional appropriateness of those law be members of the bar. The Constitution established the three branches of government but placed no bar membership mandate on any of them, I must assume that it was perceived that the roles of all three could be filled by any given private citizen.
    I don't think it is a requirement. However, would one not want to nominate the best possible person for a judgeship?

  2. #12
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,837
    Thanks
    2628

    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    Elections have consequences.

    I hope that the folks who vote for third parties or Mickey Mouse remember that when the next presidential election rolls around.
    Elections have consequences. I hope Democrats remember that next time when they consider trying to peddle another Wall Street shill that only The Faithful find even tolerable when the next election rolls around.

    Unless they're more concerned with collecting big dollars from big donors than doing what's right and preventing this sort of situation.
    Thanks from Amelia

  3. #13
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,354
    Thanks
    8879

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    Permit me to ask what might be viewed as a stupid question on the surface. Where is it mandated that a Federal judge or even a Supreme Court justice be a member of the bar? While there are a good number of lawyers in the Congress, many of those writing federal laws are not members of the bar. Accordingly, on the same token, why must those interpreting the Constitutional appropriateness of those law be members of the bar. The Constitution established the three branches of government but placed no bar membership mandate on any of them, I must assume that it was perceived that the roles of all three could be filled by any given private citizen.
    Dims have to get butthurt cuz..............Trump did a thing.

    That's all it takes. The year long meltdown is something to behold.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,354
    Thanks
    8879

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Goof fail. Note that once again goof's adoration for his man titted god has cause Goof to troll endlessly in threads, deflect from the heaving orange bosoms of trump.
    Deflect? And here I thought qualifications to be a judge relying on cased tried was the subject. I guess that's a one way street, huh?

  5. #15
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    4302

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Dims have to get butthurt cuz..............Trump did a thing.

    That's all it takes. The year long meltdown is something to behold.
    Dims! Derp! I love Trump tits! I am Goofball!
    Thanks from knight

  6. #16
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    4302

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Deflect? And here I thought qualifications to be a judge relying on cased tried was the subject. I guess that's a one way street, huh?
    You thought?


    No way. you ejaculated forth a a deflection from your dear, dear leader. Never criticize president Man-Tits. He is the all thinking, all loving father.

    Your posts remind me of whipped down North Koreans singing praise for Kim.
    Thanks from Idiocracat, RNG and HadEnough2

  7. #17
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,354
    Thanks
    8879

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Derp! I am Goofball and I van not criticize trump for anything, because he has tits and is orange! Derp!
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Goof fail. Note that once again goof's adoration for his man titted god has cause Goof to troll endlessly in threads, deflect from the heaving orange bosoms of trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    Dims! Derp! I love Trump tits! I am Goofball!
    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    You thought?


    No way. you ejaculated forth a a deflection from your dear, dear leader. Never criticize president Man-Tits. He is the all thinking, all loving father.

    Your posts remind me of whipped down North Koreans singing praise for Kim.


    ^^^^^^All from the guy who likes to act intellectually superior to others, and talk down to them about their lack of debate skills.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^


  8. #18
    Established Member
    Joined
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    5,556
    Thanks
    4302

    From
    In my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    ^^^^^^All from the guy who likes to act intellectually superior to others, and talk down to them about their lack of debate skills.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Derp. I am Goofball, and the height of my intellect is screaming at others they are ignorant or full of shit! I love the man tits of Trump, and wish to try his sweet sweat.

    Derp! I never discuss the thread topic because that would require thought! I like deflecting away from the orange god! Derp! Oh, I like to call others Dims because I can't think of anything clever! Derp! I am the Goofball!
    Last edited by Think for myself; 10th November 2017 at 01:33 PM.
    Thanks from knight

  9. #19
    Thought Provocateur NightSwimmer's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    32,844
    Thanks
    30372

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWahoo View Post
    Permit me to ask what might be viewed as a stupid question on the surface. Where is it mandated that a Federal judge or even a Supreme Court justice be a member of the bar? While there are a good number of lawyers in the Congress, many of those writing federal laws are not members of the bar. Accordingly, on the same token, why must those interpreting the Constitutional appropriateness of those law be members of the bar. The Constitution established the three branches of government but placed no bar membership mandate on any of them, I must assume that it was perceived that the roles of all three could be filled by any given private citizen.
    There is no such requirement. A President could appoint a Reality TV star, if they wanted to.

  10. #20
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,123
    Thanks
    32603

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    Elections have consequences. I hope Democrats remember that next time when they consider trying to peddle another Wall Street shill that only The Faithful find even tolerable when the next election rolls around.

    Unless they're more concerned with collecting big dollars from big donors than doing what's right and preventing this sort of situation.
    Mmmm, at least she would of picked qualified people to be judges. These judges are judges for life and can shape things the outcome of so many things in this country. You know like the Supreme Court that said yes to Citizen's United....

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Judge dismisses case against Joe Arpaio
    By Goofball in forum Current Events
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 5th October 2017, 10:53 AM
  2. Replies: 205
    Last Post: 11th June 2016, 05:03 PM
  3. Bill O., Trump case judge should recuse his Mexican self
    By zitiboy in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 8th June 2016, 05:58 AM
  4. Trump "Shames" Fed Judge Hearing "Trump U" Case
    By Friday13 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 29th May 2016, 07:54 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed