Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70
Thanks Tree70Thanks

Thread: Advertisers Pulling Ads From Sean Hannity On Radio And TV

  1. #11
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,439
    Thanks
    10867

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    You keep telling yourself that stuff. In the meantime, the company than syndicates Limbaugh and Hannity is looking down the barrel of bankruptcy: https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ih...4-21-121035436
    That's because of debt incurred during a leveraged buyout, it has nothing to do with advertisers leaving Rush lol.

    Nice try though.

  2. #12
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,439
    Thanks
    10867

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    You said literally the exact same thing about O'Reilly. He eventually lost enough revenue that firing him became a must.

    That said, Fox will keep Hannity, if for no other reason than they do not want the president's ire.
    I never said that about O'Reilly.

  3. #13
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,333
    Thanks
    33180

    From
    in my head
    When a bunch of advertisers pull out, the first thing you do is drop your rates. The second thing you do is become much less picky about the look of the people you allow to advertise on your show.
    Thanks from Friday13

  4. #14
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,333
    Thanks
    33180

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    That's because of debt incurred during a leveraged buyout, it has nothing to do with advertisers leaving Rush lol.

    Nice try though.
    So the means by which someone generates income has nothing to do with how it's owner treats it with regard to debt? Really? If Rush were in a good position, why would he renew his contract with such a company?

  5. #15
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,439
    Thanks
    10867

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    When a bunch of advertisers pull out, the first thing you do is drop your rates. The second thing you do is become much less picky about the look of the people you allow to advertise on your show.
    You only drop your rates if nobody is willing to pay what you are asking.

    That would only happen if Rush's viewership plummeted.

    It hasn't.

  6. #16
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,333
    Thanks
    33180

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    You only drop your rates if nobody is willing to pay what you are asking.

    That would only happen if Rush's viewership plummeted.

    It hasn't.
    Well, Rush has no viewership. But to really define this issue, we'd have to see his rate card, which we don't have access to. We can tell that his advertisers are more...obscure...than they used to be.
    Thanks from Friday13

  7. #17
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,439
    Thanks
    10867

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Well, Rush has no viewership. But to really define this issue, we'd have to see his rate card, which we don't have access to. We can tell that his advertisers are more...obscure...than they used to be.
    I didn't know if listenership was a word but figured you'd get my point lol.

    Are you sure his listener count isn't tracked somewhere, I'm pretty sure it is.

  8. #18
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,568
    Thanks
    416

    From
    Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteGuy View Post
    Couldn't have happened to a nicer asshole.
    Duhh, in case you know nothing about radio and TV advertisers, they always come and go, and have always done so. Regardless of the time, issue or person at the helm, advertisers come and advertisers go. You might as well stand on a New York City street and say, "Hey, five cars just went past with anti-Trump bumper stickers. Heh - couldn't have happened to a nicer asshole. Derp."

  9. #19
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,333
    Thanks
    33180

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    I didn't know if listenership was a word but figured you'd get my point lol.
    t
    Are you sure his listener count isn't tracked somewhere, I'm pretty sure it is.
    It is, by Arbitron, though it's hard to know because he's carried on so many different station and AFR, which aren't subject to ratings. But there are lots of factors besides raw numbers that determine a show's commercial viability. Everyone wants viewers or listeners who are 1) young (under 50), 2) well-to-do or potentially well-to-do, and 3) diverse. I'll bet those are not terms that describe Limbaugh's audience.

  10. #20
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,333
    Thanks
    33180

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Larrikin View Post
    Duhh, in case you know nothing about radio and TV advertisers, they always come and go, and have always done so. Regardless of the time, issue or person at the helm, advertisers come and advertisers go. You might as well stand on a New York City street and say, "Hey, five cars just went past with anti-Trump bumper stickers. Heh - couldn't have happened to a nicer asshole. Derp."
    Typically non-responsive, but with a snark factor of at least 8.

    Thanks for being yourself.
    Thanks from NiteGuy, RNG, Blueneck and 3 others

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FOX's ADVERTISERS ARE BAILING ON HANNITY!
    By cpicturetaker12 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29th May 2017, 06:22 AM
  2. Does Sean Hannity aka Sean Vannity want to run for office?
    By Stefan Bandera in forum Current Events
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 24th January 2014, 04:28 AM
  3. Sean Hannity Gets Pwned
    By Churlant in forum Current Events
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 20th March 2010, 04:36 PM
  4. Sean Hannity Goes Goebbels
    By Bluegrass in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 189
    Last Post: 12th June 2009, 03:01 PM
  5. Does anyone like Sean Hannity?
    By last4ever in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 26th November 2007, 10:07 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed