Members banned from this thread: Goofball


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
Thanks Tree34Thanks

Thread: Trump nominates, McConnell slams through 36-year-old blogger to the federal bench

  1. #1
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23,694
    Thanks
    15274

    From
    Kansas

    Trump nominates, McConnell slams through 36-year-old blogger to the federal bench

    He has received a "not qualified" rating from the American Bar Association, he has practiced law for 3 years, and he has never actually tried a case. And the Republicans want to make him a District Judge of the United States because he has penned anti-Hillary columns for CNN.com and other online media.

    This is just embarrassing. It is literally breaking the government.
    Thanks from HayJenn, Thx1138, Hollywood and 3 others

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,354
    Thanks
    8878

    From
    United States
    Dupe thread

  3. #3
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23,694
    Thanks
    15274

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Dupe thread
    So report it and it will be merged.
    Thanks from Hollywood

  4. #4
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,111
    Thanks
    32582

    From
    CA
    Well, he's not the only one.

    The American Bar Association (ABA) has deemed a fourth judicial nominee of President Trump unqualified for the job.

    Talley is the second federal judicial nominee tapped by Trump to be unanimously labeled not qualified by the ABA committee. The panel also deemed Leonard Steven Grasz, whom Trump nominated to a judgeship on the U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, not qualified late last month, with one member abstaining.

    A majority of the panel's members also voted to deem unqualified Charles Barnes Goodwin, a nominee to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, and Holly Lou Teeter, a nominee to the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas. In another letter released late Tuesday, the committee said Teeter lacked the necessary experience to serve as a federal judge, but that it was not concerned about her temperament or integrity.

    Bar Association dubs fourth Trump judicial nominee unqualified | TheHill
    Thanks from Hollywood

  5. #5
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23,694
    Thanks
    15274

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    Well, he's not the only one.

    The American Bar Association (ABA) has deemed a fourth judicial nominee of President Trump unqualified for the job.

    Talley is the second federal judicial nominee tapped by Trump to be unanimously labeled not qualified by the ABA committee. The panel also deemed Leonard Steven Grasz, whom Trump nominated to a judgeship on the U.S. Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, not qualified late last month, with one member abstaining.

    A majority of the panel's members also voted to deem unqualified Charles Barnes Goodwin, a nominee to the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma, and Holly Lou Teeter, a nominee to the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas. In another letter released late Tuesday, the committee said Teeter lacked the necessary experience to serve as a federal judge, but that it was not concerned about her temperament or integrity.

    Bar Association dubs fourth Trump judicial nominee unqualified | TheHill
    Yeah it's a power grab with basically whomever is willing to ask How High. Elections have consequences.

  6. #6
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,111
    Thanks
    32582

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Yeah it's a power grab with basically whomever is willing to ask How High. Elections have consequences.
    And then there is this as well

    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...ead-of-the-irs

  7. #7
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    59,378
    Thanks
    10861

    From
    By the wall
    Too bad you guys can't filibuster these picks huh?

    lol

    Now you are going to be stuck with pure conservatives blocking your every move.

    I love it!
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  8. #8
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    42,111
    Thanks
    32582

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Too bad you guys can't filibuster these picks huh?

    lol

    Now you are going to be stuck with pure conservatives blocking your every move.

    I love it!
    How nice that you think the judicial branch should be based on politics and not actually ability.
    Thanks from jacobfitcher, Blueneck and Blues63

  9. #9
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23,694
    Thanks
    15274

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Too bad you guys can't filibuster these picks huh?

    lol

    Now you are going to be stuck with pure conservatives blocking your every move.

    I love it!
    Yeah, until the Court of Appeals looks at the case and goes...

    "Wait... Judge Talley's rationale for this ruling is 'Democrats are bad?'

    I thought this case was about fishing licenses..."
    Thanks from Blueneck

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,354
    Thanks
    8878

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    How nice that you think the judicial branch should be based on politics and not actually ability.
    You can thank Shitstain Harry Reid.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. McConnell slams bigotry, doesn't address Trump's remarks
    By DemoWhip in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16th August 2017, 11:26 AM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 26th April 2017, 02:54 PM
  3. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 7th September 2016, 03:03 PM
  4. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 13th February 2015, 11:06 AM
  5. McConnell Slams Obama for Immaturity on Immigration .
    By meridian5455 in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 19th November 2014, 04:52 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed