Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 218
Thanks Tree128Thanks

Thread: New Roy Moore accuser to disclose sexual assault allegations, Gloria Allred says

  1. #1
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76,061
    Thanks
    39141

    From
    becoming more and more

    New Roy Moore accuser to disclose sexual assault allegations, Gloria Allred says

    An Alabama woman is expected to disclose allegations of sexual assault against Roy Moore during a press conference today in New York.

    New York Attorney Gloria Allred is holding a press conference at 1:30 p.m. CST (2:30 p.m. EST) with the new accuser, whose name hasn't been made public. The woman alleges that Moore, Alabama's Republican candidate for U.S. Senate, assaulted her when she was a minor.

    "The new accuser wishes to state what she alleges Roy Moore did to her without her consent," a news release from the lawyer states....


    New Roy Moore accuser to disclose sexual assault allegations, Gloria Allred says | AL.com

    Mitch McConnell says he believes the accuser before this news broke.

    McConnell Says Roy Moore ?Should Step Aside?: ?I Believe The Women? ? Talking Points Memo
    Thanks from Dragonfly5 and DemoWhip

  2. #2
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,354
    Thanks
    8878

    From
    United States
    Allred is a media whore.

    Where are the women she paraded around before the election accusing Trump? They vanished into thin air, didn't they? Allred pulls this shit all the time to get her ugly mug in front of the cameras, and she will dump this woman the minute the election is over with.

  3. #3
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23,694
    Thanks
    15274

    From
    Kansas
    This is a mistake. Allred is a firmly partisan figure who seeks out and feasts on attention. Much of the accusers' credibility rests on the fact that they told no one but close confidants and trusted figures in Alabama politics (mainly Republicans). And still would not confirm the story to the Post until they had a solid case.

    If Moore is allowed to tar all of his victims with Allred's reputation, he may rally enough partisans to his side who might have otherwise stayed home.

    McConnell just abandoned all hedges and said Moore needs to fuck off. We need to keep up the pressure, get Senators to commit to expulsion in favor of another Republican if it comes to that.

  4. #4
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,837
    Thanks
    2628

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    This is a mistake. Allred is a firmly partisan figure who seeks out and feasts on attention. Much of the accusers' credibility rests on the fact that they told no one but close confidants and trusted figures in Alabama politics (mainly Republicans). And still would not confirm the story to the Post until they had a solid case.

    If Moore is allowed to tar all of his victims with Allred's reputation, he may rally enough partisans to his side who might have otherwise stayed home.
    He can already cast his magic Jesus spell if push ever comes to shove, and the red team will come out in spades to support him even if they see a picture of him with his hand actually up some girl's skirt. Last year. On a school bus. With his wife sitting next to him looking the other way for a moment. While snorting a line of coke off of an assistant's tray. With Mein Kampf resting in his lap.
    Thanks from EnigmaO01

  5. #5
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29,869
    Thanks
    17837

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    This is a mistake. Allred is a firmly partisan figure who seeks out and feasts on attention. Much of the accusers' credibility rests on the fact that they told no one but close confidants and trusted figures in Alabama politics (mainly Republicans). And still would not confirm the story to the Post until they had a solid case.

    If Moore is allowed to tar all of his victims with Allred's reputation, he may rally enough partisans to his side who might have otherwise stayed home.

    McConnell just abandoned all hedges and said Moore needs to fuck off. We need to keep up the pressure, get Senators to commit to expulsion in favor of another Republican if it comes to that.
    Allred was instrumental in getting Scott Peterson off the streets for which I will be eternally grateful.
    Thanks from OHjulie and MaryAnne

  6. #6
    Veteran Member Panzareta's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    29,869
    Thanks
    17837

    From
    On a happy trail
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    He can already cast his magic Jesus spell if push ever comes to shove, and the red team will come out in spades to support him even if they see a picture of him with his hand actually up some girl's skirt. Last year. On a school bus. With his wife sitting next to him looking the other way for a moment. While snorting a line of coke off of an assistant's tray. With Mein Kampf resting in his lap.
    You forgot as long as he is rabidly anti LGBT, which is the real clincher.
    Thanks from DemoWhip, HadEnough2 and EnigmaO01

  7. #7
    Veteran Member DebateDrone's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    31,258
    Thanks
    26427

    From
    SWUSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Allred is a media whore.

    Where are the women she paraded around before the election accusing Trump? They vanished into thin air, didn't they? Allred pulls this shit all the time to get her ugly mug in front of the cameras, and she will dump this woman the minute the election is over with.
    I don't like her either, but that has nothing to do with Roy Moore and the girls/women that are accusing him.
    Thanks from Dragonfly5 and MaryAnne

  8. #8
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76,061
    Thanks
    39141

    From
    becoming more and more
    where does all this animus toward Allred come from? She's an excellent lawyer as far as I can tell. Partisan? How is that? She is just as hard on Democrats as Republicans. Just ask Bill Clinton.

    Lookit what I found.

    Thanks from Panzareta and OHjulie

  9. #9
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23,694
    Thanks
    15274

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    He can already cast his magic Jesus spell if push ever comes to shove, and the red team will come out in spades to support him even if they see a picture of him with his hand actually up some girl's skirt. Last year. On a school bus. With his wife sitting next to him looking the other way for a moment. While snorting a line of coke off of an assistant's tray. With Mein Kampf resting in his lap.
    Polls don't indicate that. Yes, Moore commands the evangelical vote. But in order to win, he likely needs all of them. As time goes on, the loyal evangelicals lose more and more credibility even with their own followers. In terms of their longterm interests, people like Jerry Falwell Jr. committed a serious error in backing Trump to the hilt. They will compound if they insist on standing by Moore.

    But The Post's role is to simply be a vector for local criticism. We don't need editorials and punditry from east coast "journalists" and lawyers. That's counter-productive, and opens escape hatches for Moore.
    Last edited by Singularity; 13th November 2017 at 09:52 AM.

  10. #10
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    42,354
    Thanks
    8878

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    I don't like her either, but that has nothing to do with Roy Moore and the girls/women that are accusing him.
    Once you bring the attention whore Allred into the mix, you lose credibility.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10th November 2016, 01:53 PM
  2. New Allegations of Trump Sexual Assault
    By Lunchboxxy in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th October 2016, 04:15 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd July 2013, 07:25 AM
  4. Curvaceous client says Gloria Allred only fought for publicity
    By meridian5455 in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22nd May 2012, 03:36 PM
  5. Gloria Allred accidentally reveals her 380-person press list
    By roberthughey in forum Current Events
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27th February 2012, 12:04 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed