Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Why Hasn't Roy Moore Offered To Take A lie Detector Test?

  1. #11
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,284
    Thanks
    33139

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I don't care what Moore has said.
    If you know he challenged others to do this thing you say one should never do, ignoring it in your response is obtuse.

  2. #12
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,331
    Thanks
    3710

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    If you know he challenged others to do this thing you say one should never do, ignoring it in your response is obtuse.
    Lie detector tests prove nothing regardless of what Moore has to say.

    So his comments really have nothing to do my argument.

  3. #13
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,284
    Thanks
    33139

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Lie detector tests prove nothing regardless of what Moore has to say.

    So his comments really have nothing to do my argument.
    Except that the point isn't that he hasn't taken a lie detector test. The point is that he's asked others to do something he wouldn't do himself.

  4. #14
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,331
    Thanks
    3710

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Except that the point isn't that he hasn't taken a lie detector test. The point is that he's asked others to do something he wouldn't do himself.
    No, my point was this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    They are also inadmissible and prove nothing.
    And lie detector tests are inadmissible and prove nothing regardless of what Mr. Moore has to say.

    So again: his comments have nothing to do with my argument.

    Now if you want to make the argument that he should take a lie detector test because he challenged someone else to take one then be my guest. But that really doesn't have anything to do with my comment.

  5. #15
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23,695
    Thanks
    15274

    From
    Kansas
    I have to agree, it's kinda dumb to ask anyone to take a polygraph, even someone who has demanded others do so. It is a manner of reputation torture, in that you would never want to torture someone who has supported torture, just because they support torture. It's just something civilized people interested in justice aren't going to do no matter what. Polygraphs are awful machines.

    I originally used the term "lie detector" in this post and edited it. They are not lie detectors. The name is a lie.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,331
    Thanks
    3710

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I have to agree, it's kinda dumb to ask anyone to take a lie detector test, even someone who has demanded others do so. It is a manner of reputation torture, in that you would never want to torture someone who has supported torture, just because they support torture. It's just something civilized people interested in justice aren't going to do no matter what. Lie detectors are awful machines.
    It is dumb. But a lot of what Moore does and says is dumb. So that's hardly something new for him.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 13th November 2017 at 09:50 PM.

  7. #17
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,284
    Thanks
    33139

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    No, my point was this:



    And lie detector tests are inadmissible and prove nothing regardless of what Mr. Moore has to say.

    So again: his comments have nothing to do with my argument.
    Then your argument doesn't have much to do with the point of the thread.

  8. #18
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,331
    Thanks
    3710

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Then your argument doesn't have much to do with the point of the thread.
    I was reinforcing Sassy's point that lie detector tests are unreliable. And I believe the fact they are unreliable and prove nothing is relevant to this topic.

  9. #19
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23,695
    Thanks
    15274

    From
    Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    It is dumb. But a lot of what Moore does and says is dumb. So that's hardly something new for him.
    I would say it about any Democrat, truly I would... his refusal to quit the race at this stage is so very pathetic and destructive.

    If the world was fair, he would quit, be replaced and Alabama would still get its choice for an important office.

    That's not going to happen and instead a large amount of Republicans will just get more embittered. Not good.

  10. #20
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,331
    Thanks
    3710

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    I would say it about any Democrat, truly I would... his refusal to quit the race at this stage is so very pathetic and destructive.

    If the world was fair, he would quit, be replaced and Alabama would still get its choice for an important office.

    That's not going to happen and instead a large amount of Republicans will just get more embittered. Not good.
    Well I don't care for Moore's politics either but I don't think he should necessarily drop out of the race. Not if he truly believes himself to be innocent of these charges.

    No one should allow a media frenzy or politicians like McCain to bully them into submission.

    Now would it be better for the party for him to drop out of the race? That is a different question entirely and one I suspect you probably have the right answer for.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 13th November 2017 at 10:01 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Putin offered Emperor's Throne
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th May 2016, 09:57 PM
  2. Replies: 251
    Last Post: 9th January 2016, 09:38 PM
  3. Surrogate offered $10K to abort
    By Neomalthusian in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 12:27 PM
  4. Micheal Moore Saves Moore Critic's Website
    By Distressed American in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 13th June 2007, 11:28 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed