Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 91
Thanks Tree22Thanks

Thread: Why Hasn't Roy Moore Offered To Take A lie Detector Test?

  1. #51
    Anarquistador StanStill's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    9,233
    Thanks
    9143

    From
    Home
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Except polygraphs reveal absolutely nothing. They are the homeopathy of the criminal investigative world.

    An innocent, naturally nervous wreck will "convict" himself on the test, while a guilty-as-sin cool customer has nothing to fear. It's a joke.
    Homeopathy is a much better analogy than any I could think of. Not only can a person's nerves ruin the test results, but the results are heavily dependent on how the person giving the test interprets the results. Someone who believes the person is lying will "interpret" the results that way, and someone who doesn't will interpret anomalies as nerves. A lot of times with things like rapes or child abductions, the person tested feels a lot of guilt for not doing things differently before the crime took place so that it might have been prevented, so questions like "did you have anything to do with the crime described?" aren't simple yes/no questions. A person could easily think "no" is the correct answer even thought they feel guilty that they allowed the crime to happen by not doing something.
    Thanks from Singularity

  2. #52
    Veteran Member bmanmcfly's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    13,876
    Thanks
    2299

    From
    C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh
    Quote Originally Posted by DebateDrone View Post
    If I were accused of sexual assaulting a 14 year old girl...I would beg to take a lie detector test.

    I don't see why Roy has not offered to take one.
    You do know there is a reason why lie detector tests are no longer admissible in courts, right?

  3. #53
    Wrinkly Member Dangermouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    21,442
    Thanks
    19274

    From
    Sunny Bournemouth, Dorset
    Quote Originally Posted by bmanmcfly View Post
    You do know there is a reason why lie detector tests are no longer admissible in courts, right?
    Why would the accused judge want his accusers to take one then?

  4. #54
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,853
    Thanks
    3937

    From
    In Your Heart!

    Exclamation

    That's exactly what I have been saying all along. Why not take a Polygraph Test and at least show that he was willing to do that in order to clear himself from any wrongdoing? Whether it is admissible as evidence in court is not the main objective here (and many times it is admissible!) since there is no court case going on right now. But what would show the public that he really means what he says about not having done any of those things is for him to take the Polygraph Test and then say there you go!

    As to people cheating on it, that does not happen by and large as you will find out from a professional in the following report. If they did the states that license Polygraph Examiners would not be doing it any longer. That can only show that they have no verifiable proof that there is actual chicanery going on during the testing period enough to cease all operations and bring them to a halt. Until and if that ever does change, they will continue to serve a good purpose. And anyone who is accused of something they maintain they did not do would do good to submit to such testing as a way to show others that there was absolutely no fear in undergoing the procedure in order to clear their name. What's so hard in that?

    Those who are against the procedure and are using rhetoric that the testing is not stable, can be cheated upon, isn't admissible in court, etc. are only saying that to give those who may not really want to use it an out. That's it. Period.

    How accurate is a polygraph? Polygragh Agency in California: Los Angeles, Orange, and San Bernardino Counties, San Gabriel, Pomona, and Big Bear Valley for Lie Detector Tests

    For any questions you may have, see also the important sections:

    "Is a polygraph lie detector test admissible in court?"

    "How can you beat a polygraph lie detector test?"

  5. #55
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    8,837
    Thanks
    2628

    Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    I disagree. If the lie detector yields inconclusive or incorrect results, the results can hurt an innocent person's case.
    I wouldn't touch one of those with a 10-foot pole. And if Moore is correct, and this is some puppet master Illuminati-type plot to fuck him over, how could he think for a second that whatever evil criminal masterminds are at work couldn't easily control the results, and bury him?

    I mean, that's his defense, right? That some ultra-powerful person or cabal has it in for him, and they're orchestrating this whole thing just to smear him? I'd roll with that right up until the old co-workers started showing up saying, "Oh, yeah, Roy? Kid toucher. All day long."

    Now I'd say he should probably run for the hills. I hear in those hills out there in rural Alabama nobody will see anything wrong with what he did. He should be safe there. Git him some overalls and stop brushing his teeth, swill him some Wild Turkey and he'll be invisible in a matter of days. He can change his name to Cletus and start over again.

  6. #56
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,853
    Thanks
    3937

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Dad View Post
    Should the accusers take a polygraph test?
    Absolutely! Everyone involved should in order to show that they are telling the truth.

  7. #57
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    6,853
    Thanks
    3937

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    law enforcement cannot use a Lie Detector test except as a way to get an innocent person to take a plea bargain... Pass or Fail it cannot be used in court, because the test is biased by the opinion of the person reading the test.
    Actually, that is not correct. Lie Detector Tests are permissible in court if the judge so rules that they are. As to the person reading the test having a bias, that is false and cannot enter into the picture. Simply because the Polygraph Test generates a long paper with the test results that are to be handed in to the authority wanting to inspect them. Therefore, even if the examiner had a prejudice he or she could not change the results that were recorded by scientific instrumentation during the test.

  8. #58
    Veteran Member Southern Dad's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    32,155
    Thanks
    6750

    From
    A Month Away
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    Absolutely! Everyone involved should in order to show that they are telling the truth.
    No, the accusers should take one. The burden of proof is not on the accused.

  9. #59
    Council Member Djinn's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    42,240
    Thanks
    26924

    From
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    That's exactly what I have been saying all along. Why not take a Polygraph Test and at least show that he was willing to do that in order to clear himself from any wrongdoing? ...
    Because there's no possible outcome that will help him.

    1) The results vindicate him. This leads to a discussion on the fallibility of polygraphs. Doesn't help his case.

    2) The results condemn him. This obviously hurts his case.

    3) The results are inconclusive. This suggests at least "partial guilt," hurting his case.

    There's no other possible outcome.
    Thanks from Southern Dad

  10. #60
    Veteran Member cpicturetaker12's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    23,050
    Thanks
    16830

    From
    Florida
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    So you believe Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broderick?
    Yes.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Putin offered Emperor's Throne
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 28th May 2016, 09:57 PM
  2. Replies: 251
    Last Post: 9th January 2016, 09:38 PM
  3. Surrogate offered $10K to abort
    By Neomalthusian in forum Political Controversies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 6th March 2013, 12:27 PM
  4. Micheal Moore Saves Moore Critic's Website
    By Distressed American in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 13th June 2007, 11:28 AM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed