Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 81
Thanks Tree26Thanks

Thread: What does the Senate tax plan mean for you?

  1. #1
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,165
    Thanks
    4076

    From
    In Your Heart!

    Exclamation What does the Senate tax plan mean for you?

    What does the Senate tax plan mean for you? - ABC News
    ​By MEGAN HUGHES

    "By 2027, every income group under $75,0000 is expected to see tax increases according to the Joint Committee on Taxation."
    "Who takes a hit? In the first eight years, Greenberg says the potential losers are generally people who make great use of tax preferences rather than taking the standard deduction. A few stand out."
    "While in the first eight years after the bill's passage, the losers are expected to be the people who make use of tax preferences, the measure includes some big wins for millionaires."





    ================================================== ==

    And as usual, Republicans have come to once again help the rich get richer through their tax bill. There is no surprise there. But we have to ask just how many millionaires and billionaires there are compared to the Middle Class and the poor? The answer will show you where Republican priorities are and how they view you who are not rich.

    Oh, but Republicans have a good place for you who are not rich too! Right Under the Bus!



  2. #2
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,047
    Thanks
    17575

    From
    between Moon and NYC

    What does the Senate tax plan mean for you?

    If the tax plan passes as currently written it means i will pay less income tax in the future.
    Thanks from Kallie Knoetze

  3. #3
    THE PUNDIT DemoWhip's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    7,165
    Thanks
    4076

    From
    In Your Heart!
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    If the tax plan passes as currently written it means i will pay less income tax in the future.
    Well good for you. But what about those who will not be able to?

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Isalexi's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    33,701
    Thanks
    20992

    From
    Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    Well good for you. But what about those who will not be able to?
    And they’ll pay a little less, while adding to the deficit. And they will have to pay more in a few years makes me think of climate change...they can’t Imagine the future, it’s only about today.
    Thanks from Blueneck and DemoWhip

  5. #5
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,047
    Thanks
    17575

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by DemoWhip View Post
    Well good for you. But what about those who will not be able to?
    Dang. Looks like i fell into your clever trap. Thought the question was about what impact a tax cut would have on us individually.


    As for others. Most of them will get a tax break also.

  6. #6
    No mercy for losers Addiction Solitaire Champion, Double Deuce Champion, Queen Jewels Champion, Ray Ray Shuffle Champion, Twins Champion, Blow Up: Arcade Champion, Bunch - Time Trial Champion, Znax Champion, Zoo Keeper Champion, Sobics School Champion, Swap a Smiley Champion, Makos Champion, Dino Drop Champion, Flower Frenzy Champion, Some Puzzle Champion, Funny Bubbles Champion, CubeZ Champion, Dinky Smash Champion, Fun Fun Animals Champion, Fruit Fabriek Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Rainbow Monkey RunDown Champion, Raft Wars Champion, Crime Puzzle Champion Blueneck's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46,333
    Thanks
    23146

    From
    Ohio
    Won't all those pay raises that will be raining down on our heads cause the price of goods and services to go up like they would if we raised the minimum wage?
    Thanks from labrea

  7. #7
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,047
    Thanks
    17575

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Isalexi View Post
    And they’ll pay a little less, while adding to the deficit. And they will have to pay more in a few years makes me think of climate change...they can’t Imagine the future, it’s only about today.
    For the vast majority of tax payers i don't believe your claim is accurate

    You have anything to support the statement??

  8. #8
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,047
    Thanks
    17575

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueneck View Post
    Won't all those pay raises that will be raining down on our heads cause the price of goods and services to go up like they would if we raised the minimum wage?

    Looks this is going to be a lively thread.

    Personally have not been given any expectation of a pay raise associated to the proposed tax bill.
    Thanks from Goofball

  9. #9
    Moderator HayJenn's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    43,170
    Thanks
    33397

    From
    CA
    Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic View Post
    For the vast majority of tax payers i don't believe your claim is accurate

    You have anything to support the statement??
    The tax cuts for public expire in 2025. The tax cuts for the corp do not expire.

    Some people may see their taxes go up as early as 2019.

    Not to mention your health insurance premuims will probably go up as 13 million people loose their health insurance.

    It's a benefit for most in the very short term - in the long term, not so much. In fact those making 75K or less a year will see a big spike in their tax bill.

    All while adding at least 1 trillion to the debt which stinks because that means my kids are going to have to pay for it.
    Thanks from DemoWhip

  10. #10
    the "good" prag pragmatic's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    29,047
    Thanks
    17575

    From
    between Moon and NYC
    Quote Originally Posted by HayJenn View Post
    The tax cuts for public expire in 2025. The tax cuts for the corp do not expire.

    Some people may see their taxes go up as early as 2019.

    Not to mention your health insurance premuims will probably go up as 13 million people loose their health insurance.

    It's a benefit for most in the very short term - in the long term, not so much. In fact those making 75K or less a year will see a big spike in their tax bill.

    All while adding at least 1 trillion to the debt which stinks because that means my kids are going to have to pay for it.
    Thought that was scheduled for 2027.....did that change?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Senate committee advances GOP tax plan
    By bajisima in forum Current Events
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28th November 2017, 08:06 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 1st August 2017, 01:09 PM
  3. Replies: 483
    Last Post: 1st July 2017, 10:22 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 13th May 2010, 11:08 AM
  5. Senate rejects GOP derivatives plan
    By Politico in forum Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th May 2010, 06:20 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed