Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 89
Thanks Tree41Thanks

Thread: Gotta say, I am highly amused by my fellow Californians

  1. #21
    Veteran Member MaryAnne's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    45,149
    Thanks
    32072

    From
    Englewood,Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    Oh, and don't forget the legal weed.
    Several growing sites have been set up in my area. For medical purposes. Hah.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,314
    Thanks
    2688

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by splansing View Post
    Oh, and don't forget the legal weed.
    Mr. splansing,

    Thank you for reminding me of that as well:

    California's Marijuana Tax Could Cause Prices to Jump 70% | Fortune

    You'd think pot-heads would be up in arms
    Thanks from MeBelle

  3. #23
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    43,787
    Thanks
    9082

    From
    United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Property taxes are artificially low in California. No more than one percent of assessed value, automatically lowered when values drop, can't go up by more than one percent per year--residential and commercial property both.

    And the one deduction they are "whining" about was a part of the original income tax code. The Federal government should not be competing with states for tax revenues.
    How is the Fed govt "competing" with states for tax revenues?
    Thanks from MeBelle

  4. #24
    quichierbichen
    Joined
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    61,830
    Thanks
    33541

    From
    in my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Rasselas,

    Since property taxes are "artificially" low, you shouldn't complain about losing the deduction, wot?
    Why would I not want a deduction? Are you in the business of refusing a $50 bill because it isn't a $100?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,314
    Thanks
    2688

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasselas View Post
    Why would I not want a deduction? Are you in the business of refusing a $50 bill because it isn't a $100?
    Mr. Rasselas,

    Gocha, you are only complaining about the federal tax bill because it is your ox being gored. But again, Sacramento is goring you just as bad. Why are you not complaining about that?

  6. #26
    Junior Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanks
    1269

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Rasselas,

    Gocha, you are only complaining about the federal tax bill because it is your ox being gored. But again, Sacramento is goring you just as bad. Why are you not complaining about that?
    Why do you think state and local government should be free or less funded than it is today? If your reply is pension related, I can agree that they are too rich here in california. But they are the law and unless it changes, we are on the hook for those pensions.

  7. #27
    Junior Member Claudius the God's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,986
    Thanks
    1269

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallie Knoetze View Post
    Mr. Rasselas,

    Since property taxes are "artificially" low, you shouldn't complain about losing the deduction, wot?
    Does this type of reasoning impress your friends? I find it worthy of a freshman remedial course myself.
    Thanks from Rasselas and Blues63

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,314
    Thanks
    2688

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    Why do you think state and local government should be free or less funded than it is today? If your reply is pension related, I can agree that they are too rich here in california. But they are the law and unless it changes, we are on the hook for those pensions.
    Mr. god,

    I have no idea what you are talking about. The subject is Californians whining about the possibility of increased federal taxes, at the same time ignoring their high state taxes being frittered away.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    10,314
    Thanks
    2688

    From
    California
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudius the God View Post
    Does this type of reasoning impress your friends? I find it worthy of a freshman remedial course myself.
    Mr. God,

    "Nuh uh" is not much of a retort for someone of your "snort" intellectual stature, wot?

  10. #30
    Veteran Member Chief's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    26,184
    Thanks
    6780

    From
    Earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofball View Post
    Oklahaoma ranks 18 out of 50

    California ranks 28 out of 50.

    My God man, do you ever have a clue about any subject you spout off about?
    That's not what I see.

    https://www.usnews.com/education/bes...states-compare

    MD, FL, then CA are top three. Not that I know much about school rankings... just a quickie google search. This one has OK 40/50.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 27th February 2017, 08:28 PM
  2. NATO not amused by EU plan to create separate army
    By Teddy Pollins in forum Current Events
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 14th March 2015, 04:37 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29th August 2012, 10:36 AM
  4. No More Home School For Californians
    By michaelr in forum Education
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 22nd July 2008, 09:46 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed