Members banned from this thread: Pragmatist and Paris


Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 384
Thanks Tree249Thanks

Thread: President Trump to Recognize Jerusalem as Capital

  1. #11
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,645
    Thanks
    11625

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Stupid fucking move by a stupid fucking president applauded by stupid fucking idiots. SSDD!

  2. #12
    The Un-Holy One The Man's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    34,272
    Thanks
    19694

    From
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    Keep pulling your short worm ....

    We are listening .... I promise.
    My worm is way bigger than your shriveled up old dead leech lol

  3. #13
    Veteran Member Eve1's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    14,775
    Thanks
    9772

    From
    My own world
    Quote Originally Posted by John T Ford View Post
    People are always killed when it comes to islam ....

    WTF .....
    That doesn't necessarily mean you have to give them gasoline to add to the fire does it? Why do you want to see people killed because of a decision that didn't have to be made? I can see making a decision for the greater good of something else like saving a group of people from certain death or liberating slaves or something like that but here I don't see it. What overall good does it do if it results in innocent people being killed in retaliation? It's like poking the bear with a stick. Yes, the bear kills but why go out of your way to get it to attack you? I just don't care too much where the Embassy is moved or not moved. For me personally it isn't worth being the target of terrorists just because of Trump's decision. I see no greater good to the sacrifice. Is it worth it to you?
    Last edited by Eve1; 5th December 2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Thanks from Friday13 and MaryAnne

  4. #14
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,153
    Thanks
    11000

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by NightSwimmer View Post
    What does that say about the land that I own and the Native Americans who owned it before me?
    Nobody owns land, it only belongs to the guy who can stick his flag in it and defend it.

    Land was here before us and it will be here long after we are gone.
    Thanks from Pureinheart

  5. #15
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,900
    Thanks
    3798

    From
    North Carolina
    Me too. It would send a strong statement of support to our allies in Israel.

    I also hope he moves the U.S. embassy there as well. I believe he said he would during the campaign. But not 100% on that.

  6. #16
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,900
    Thanks
    3798

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    Nobody owns land, it only belongs to the guy who can stick his flag in it and defend it.

    Land was here before us and it will be here long after we are gone.
    This is the hard truth. Land belongs to who ever is on it and strong enough to keep it.

  7. #17
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,153
    Thanks
    11000

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Eve1 View Post
    That doesn't necessarily mean you have to give them gasoline to add to the fire does it? Why do you want to see people killed because of a decision that didn't have to be made? I can see making a decision for the greater good of something else like saving a group of people from certain death or liberating slaves or something like that but here I don't see it. What overall good does it do if it results in innocent people being killed in retaliation? It's like poking the bear with a stick. Yes, the bear kills but why go out of your way to get it to attack you? I just don't care too much where the Embassy is moved or not moved. For me personally it isn't worth being the target of terrorists just because of Trump's decision. I see no greater good to the sacrifice. Is it worth it to you?
    It's a gesture that shows we recognize Israel as the legitimate government of that area.

    If more countries follow suit it may make the Palestinians give up this ridiculous claim they are making and finally end the bloodshed over there.

  8. #18
    Civis americanus borealis Singularity's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    24,127
    Thanks
    15582

    From
    Kansas
    By the latest reports, King Abdullah personally implored the president to at least put this off on the phone today. Trump flatly refused. We may be closer diplomatic allies with Israel, but right now we rely on Jordan more for tactical and political support in the region.

    Ignoring Abdullah also may destabilize his government. Many Jordanians are Palestinian refugee descendants, and on top of that you have an ISIS element. We don't want to make the status quo regime seem weak. Or, does another Syrian debacle sound like fun?
    Thanks from Robert Urbanek and Friday13

  9. #19
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    22,900
    Thanks
    3798

    From
    North Carolina
    Quote Originally Posted by Spookycolt View Post
    It's a gesture that shows we recognize Israel as the legitimate government of that area.

    If more countries follow suit it may make the Palestinians give up this ridiculous claim they are making and finally end the bloodshed over there.
    There should be consequences to attacking another country and losing - and losing some of your land as a result seems like a just outcome to me.

    Those insisting Israel should return to pre-war boundaries just aren't being realistic and I don't blame the Israelis for refusing such an absurd request. That's like demanding the United States return California to Mexico - though these days that is a more tempting prospect.

  10. #20
    Galactic Ruler Spookycolt's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    60,153
    Thanks
    11000

    From
    By the wall
    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    By the latest reports, King Abdullah personally implored the president to at least put this off on the phone today. Trump flatly refused.

    We may be closer diplomatic allies with Israel, but right now we rely on Jordan more for tactical and political support in the region.

    Ignoring Abdullah also may destabilize his government. Many Jordanians are Palestinian refugee descendants, and on top of that you have an ISIS element. Does another Syrian debacle sound like fun?
    Hmmm, relying on a nation that's on the brink of collapse for tactical and political support doesn't sound very wise does it?

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 3rd December 2017, 06:37 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 1st December 2017, 07:27 PM
  3. Trump may RECOGNIZE Crimea and LIFT sanctions!!!!
    By The Man in forum Current Events
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 27th July 2016, 03:54 PM
  4. Rich get richer via Capital Gains. How should they tax capital gains?
    By Neomalthusian in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 25th September 2013, 05:09 AM
  5. Replies: 93
    Last Post: 9th September 2012, 02:22 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed