Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 73
Thanks Tree94Thanks

Thread: VA slashes program for homeless veterans

  1. #41
    Banned Camp
    Joined
    May 2007
    Posts
    14,645
    Thanks
    11625

    From
    Houston, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    How can you breath with your head so far up Trump's ass?
    That's why his postings are full of shit!
    Thanks from Hollywood

  2. #42
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,432
    Thanks
    9685

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by soupnazi View Post
    I made no assumptions. You did. "These guys have seen shit you'll never have to see I asked a couple of questions which you run from like the coward you have always been.

    Yes I know you hate Trump.

    Your arguments are typically failures without any intellectual honesty or intelligence try again boy and answer the fucking question
    Are you telling me Vets haven't seen shit you will never have to see. That's not an assumption that is a fact. Show me one post where I said I hated Trump. Those are your words, not mine. Boy.

  3. #43
    The Republican Agenda HadEnough2's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,432
    Thanks
    9685

    From
    Washington State
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    How can you breath with your head so far up Trump's ass?
    I think they like the smell.
    Thanks from Hollywood

  4. #44
    Established Member soupnazi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,907
    Thanks
    1144

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by HadEnough2 View Post
    Are you telling me Vets haven't seen shit you will never have to see. That's not an assumption that is a fact. Show me one post where I said I hated Trump. Those are your words, not mine. Boy.
    Some have, most have not.

    Your statement which you pulled out of your infantile ass needs some support which you cannot provide you also assumed that all vets have seen bad shit. Most have not.

    Learn how not to sound like a completely ignorant fool boy and you won't be used like a fool

  5. #45
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76,423
    Thanks
    39458

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by TNVolunteer73 View Post
    Once again it shows stupid democats cannot read.

    They are not SLASHING ANYTHING it is turning the care for HOMELESS VETERANS (of which most are mentally ill) to the VA HOSPITALS which will have to prove they are prepared to deal with the homeless VA Population.

    nothing more stupid than a LIEberal that cannot read

    From the OP source




    [IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator[/IMG]
    That's what Shulkin claims. But, it's not true. It's not true that there are an excess of vouchers. Nor is it true that the VA is being provided enough funding to meet the needs of the all the homeless veterans. They weren't getting enough funding already before Trump took office. And he slashed the budget even more.

  6. #46
    Established Member soupnazi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,907
    Thanks
    1144

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    That's what Shulkin claims. But, it's not true. It's not true that there are an excess of vouchers. Nor is it true that the VA is being provided enough funding to meet the needs of the all the homeless veterans. They weren't getting enough funding already before Trump took office. And he slashed the budget even more.
    The evidence does not support this claim.

    The VA itself has admitted that it has more beds than homeless veterans to fill them.

    The idea that they did not have enough funding is subjective.

  7. #47
    "Mr. Original". the watchman's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    76,423
    Thanks
    39458

    From
    becoming more and more
    Quote Originally Posted by soupnazi View Post
    The evidence does not support this claim.

    The VA itself has admitted that it has more beds than homeless veterans to fill them.

    The idea that they did not have enough funding is subjective.
    that's bullshit. Who's claiming that exactly?

  8. #48
    Junior Member Sprockey's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,768
    Thanks
    2200

    From
    Boston
    So MUCH WINNING!!!
    Thanks from OldGaffer

  9. #49
    Chubby Member
    Joined
    May 2006
    Posts
    9,082
    Thanks
    2756

    People who have legitimate contributions to this topic, I could peruse your content much more easily if we could refrain from dignifying the presence of obvious known childish trolls with responses. I use my ignore feature and if they are not dragged into replies I will never see them. If half the thread is replices to Spooky, etc, then I cannot sift through the feedback and information that I actually want to see.

    It's goddamn annoying.
    Thanks from the watchman and OldGaffer

  10. #50
    Established Member soupnazi's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    5,907
    Thanks
    1144

    From
    Ohio
    Quote Originally Posted by the watchman View Post
    that's bullshit. Who's claiming that exactly?
    Why is it bullshit ?

    Because you say so?

    It was a long time ago that I heard the head of the VA make that statement but in fact the VA website shows massive resources directed toward combating homelessness.

    The idea that they have not or do not do enough is ludicrously shallow.

    It is also stupid to automatically think of veterans as damaged goods who are more likely to be homeless ( they are less likely than most ) or more likely to be suicidal ( they are less likely ) or more likely to be incarcerated ( less likely is the truth ) etc etc.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Trump Signs Bill to Extend Veterans Choice Program
    By Ginger in forum Current Events
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 20th April 2017, 03:38 PM
  2. Homeless veterans vs refugees seeking sanctuary
    By BDBoop in forum Political Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 22nd November 2015, 07:01 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2nd December 2014, 02:29 AM
  4. The Budget Ax: Why Homeless Veterans but Not NASCAR?
    By MajikMyst in forum Current Events
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 17th April 2011, 08:47 PM

Tags for this Thread


Facebook Twitter RSS Feed